Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

LEAVING SPG 1/15/10: Planet Hollywood Las Vegas 2009 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEAVING SPG 1/15/10: Planet Hollywood Las Vegas 2009 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
ive been checking the prices on both sites...and havent found a difference...
Old Feb 7, 2009, 9:58 am

Mrs. Flews and I had had three stays at this property, two before the changeover, one after, and have been upgraded to a giant suite overlooking the strip every time. We like the buffet there - although we have had some serious service issues, so we are planning to try something new next time, non SPG.

Cheers,
Old Feb 9, 2009, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
I stayed at Planet Hollywood this past weekend (first time there) and overall, it was a good experience - especially considering the value: $66/night (AAA) and the bonus Starpoints, which have not yet posted to my account but it seems like that takes a few days . . .

Checked in around 11:30 pm on Friday night. The check-in line was VERY long. I had booked a Hollywood Hip room but got upgraded (thank you, Gold status) to a Resort Room on the 11th floor. Pictures can be found <A HREF="http://flickr.com/photos/mwg25/sets/72157613526686614//">here</A> - it was a perfectly nice room (though the view was of a parking garage) and the bathroom was quite lovely!

Service was fine, the atmosphere was fun, and I made $124 off of a $20 investment in a slot machine - not bad for a half hour or so of entertainment!

One weird thing was that the magnetism of the keycards seemed to be weaker here than at ANYWHERE I'd ever stayed - I twice got to my room to find that the key didn't work and then had to go back downstairs and get a new one (even after taking care not to store it next to my phone or camera...).

Overall, it was a good value for the money and bonus points. Not spectacular (though I wasn't expecting that), but no complaints, and I'd stay there again.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
Originally Posted by shortcut3d
The best available rate is down to $89 through SPG phone for Feb 20-23. The PH website still shows $99, $99, $89. They are definitely coming down if you are booked a couple weeks out. I initially started at over $400 for my stay. Now I check twice a week for price drops.
Actually its $89 on the SPG website too. You have to book under the FMHOT promo to get it to pull up though. If you booked it arriving Thursday the 19th, it drops to $69 a night. That's when I'll be out there also. I got Friday and Saturday night for $69 a night!
Old Feb 9, 2009, 1:20 pm

I have a conference at Nellis and was wondering how far in advance PH has Govt rates? Looking to get a stay in during the 2nd week in July.

Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2009, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by singtx
I have a conference at Nellis and was wondering how far in advance PH has Govt rates? Looking to get a stay in during the 2nd week in July.

Thanks
I'd just check SPG.com and select gov rate for your particular dates to see if there is any availability.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Renard
I'd just check SPG.com and select gov rate for your particular dates to see if there is any availability.
I have doing this with no luck! Was curious if they projected out?
thanks
Old Feb 10, 2009, 8:42 am

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
Originally Posted by singtx

Thanks
PH never has govt rates. I tried for quite awhile to find one and never could so I asked the hotel about it, and they don't offer them. You can find them at the Westin, but I've never seen one for PH.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:34 am

Talking

Originally Posted by OkieFlyer
PH never has govt rates. I tried for quite awhile to find one and never could so I asked the hotel about it, and they don't offer them. You can find them at the Westin, but I've never seen one for PH.
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to call them today..too bad, PH is missing out on a lot of business! Maybe I can catch a $66 rate!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:42 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Are they supposed to charge the resort fee for award stays? When I booked over the phone, I was never informed of the resort fee. They told me about it when I checked in, but refused to waive it.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:46 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
Are they supposed to charge the resort fee for award stays? When I booked over the phone, I was never informed of the resort fee. They told me about it when I checked in, but refused to waive it.
Yes, resort fees are not included in Preferred (free) Night Awards. You might want to report the lack of being informed at the time of booking, however. 800-328-6242.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:38 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Can anyone verify whether all the stipe suites have been renovated or not? Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Explorist, United Silver
Originally Posted by rdchen
Can anyone verify whether all the stipe suites have been renovated or not? Thanks.
The last 4 or 5 times (in the past 4 or 5 months) , I have stayed in a Strip Suite, on various floors.. and they have all been renovated. So, I think most, if not all, Strip Suites have been renovated.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
silly question, my first stay here is tommorrow. Based on this thread, I am prepared for mediocre. Are there amenities such as a lounge? breakfast or anything?

Other than an amenity, and a shot at an upgrade, anything else for plats?
Old Feb 24, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Nothing and nothing. There is no choice of amenity but 500 points.

Originally Posted by etsmyers
silly question, my first stay here is tommorrow. Based on this thread, I am prepared for mediocre. Are there amenities such as a lounge? breakfast or anything?

Other than an amenity, and a shot at an upgrade, anything else for plats?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.