Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles leaves Jan 15, 2009 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Trianon Palace, Versailles leaves Jan 15, 2009 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2007, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
It has always been a pleasant experience for us when we stayed there.
Old May 18, 2007, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Westin Trianon Palace - MASTER THREAD

There are summer special rates available until May 22 for the Trianon Palace, so I am thinking of staying there. Some questions:
1. Booking page only asks about adults. What about children? - I have two (13 and 10) so would probably need an extra rollaway, but there seems to be no way to indicate (or price) this?
2. Do the children get the breakfast included in the rate?
3. What is breakfast like there? It is pricey if not included in the room rate, so is it anything special?
4. Any update on typical taxi fares to/from CDG? - 3 years ago, a thread mentioned 70 Euros.

Thanks!

Last edited by Wexflyer; May 18, 2007 at 6:09 pm
Old May 21, 2007, 11:33 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Westin Trianon to become Luxury Collection

As per September 2007 and the Rugby Cup, the Westin Trianon will join the Luxury Collection and a jump in rates (and category, I expect). The hotel will be closed from somewhere in June to September.

Rooms will be considerably remodelled in a much more contemporary style, including giant black and white mosaïc flowers on the bathroom walls and fancy minibar cabinets lined with mirrors (in the angle of the room, which is a feng shui tragedy - whatever ).

Now the only thing they have to do is train the breakfast staff and they will start getting to something in this particular property!

Best to all,
E
Old Jun 14, 2007, 9:38 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
AAA Rate: 120 EUR

Trianon to Airport on a Sunday morning: 120 EUR

And no Palace upgrade! Oh well, the modern rooms were nice too.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 2:24 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ericj
As per September 2007 and the Rugby Cup, the Westin Trianon will join the Luxury Collection and a jump in rates (and category, I expect). The hotel will be closed from somewhere in June to September.
I was just looking at this property and considering whether we should get to Paris a day earlier and stay here before heading into the city (staying at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe in Paris for four nights), seems like it might be a really nice deal for 4,800 points + $90 USD on the cash and points option. The website mentions they are renovating the lobby and bar, so maybe this change is imminent.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 10:59 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, AM Gold, Avis First
We stayed there in mid October, and we were put into a newly renovated room overlooking the fields of the palace grounds. If they have the bar and lobby reovations completed, I think you should be extremely impressed. We also went C&P and thought it was a great value...
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:51 am

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Marriott, Hilton, Alaska, Delta, United
Looking forward to staying here for four nights in late June 2008 with C & P. Any updates on renovated rooms/upgrades (we are SPG Gold) would be appreciated! Thanks! I'll let you know how our stay goes when we return...
Old Mar 10, 2008, 6:09 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I am doing a cash and points this next week. I just received an email offering me an upgrade to the nice wing for 80 euros. Are upgrades just not happening for PLTs at this property?

lala
Old Mar 10, 2008, 6:12 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by lalala
I am doing a cash and points this next week. I just received an email offering me an upgrade to the nice wing for 80 euros. Are upgrades just not happening for PLTs at this property?

lala
I'm sure they are if they are available at check-in. This seems a way to take the guess-work out that equation and get it done in advance...to me anyway.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 23, 2008, 2:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
**** me !

British superchef Gordon "Kitchen Nightmares" Ramsay has just taken charge of the Veranda brasserie at the newly-refurbished Trianon Palace.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Apr 14, 2009 at 6:50 pm
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:23 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Had a lovely stay here Palm Sunday. After driving from St. Remy de Provence to Versailles in one day, we managed to get a parking place close to the chateau, do an hour or so of walking in the gardens and trying to avoid crowds.

Drove to the hotel, found a free parking space right at the entrance and went in. Check in was good. In the middle of checking me in, one check in person came over to help the other desk person and moved me into a suite and produced my amenity card and then took us up to the room. While we were not facing Marie A's sheep, it was still a lovely and spacious suite with a nice sitting room with the BEEB. TH was touched to get a shower, a real shower.

I was happy to have windows that open and a large heavenly bed.

We had tea downstairs and then dinner at the Cafe Trianon which, while not a one star restaurant, was only 120 euros for two.

Not bad for a cash and points reservation. I would have even paid the 199 euro our initial ressie was secured for.

We had no problem dropping off our car in the morning and toodling into Paris. The parking situation around the Trianon Palace is quite lovely, lots of on street parking.

Access to the gardens was also amazing. I had a blast walking around and taking pictures without anyone else around. I would definitely stay out in Versailles for a day or so if I could go running/walking in Versailles every morning.

lala
Old May 5, 2008, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Have all rooms been renovated here? Is there free wifi anywhere onsite?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.luxist.com/2008/06/27/fam...lion-makeover/

...just completed a breathtaking $30 million renovation...new wing, Gordon Ramsay's first restaurant in France, a refurbished Guerlain spa, revamped public spaces and glorious gardens...designer Fiona Thompson, who oversaw renovations...
Old Jul 15, 2008, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Marriott, Hilton, Alaska, Delta, United
We stayed here using Cash & Points in late June for two nights. Our rooms were in the main palace building and were renovated. We loved it! My husband is at the Gold SPG level and we actually got upgraded to a suite. We booked two rooms (needed connecting) and feel we really lucked out - ended up with a twin bedded room (two twins), a king bedded room, and a "salon" connecting in the middle. There was an internet connection available for a fee. Each room of our suite had a 40" LCD TV with some English channels and CNN. The bathrooms were large and luxurious. The pool renovation was completed but I'm not sure about the spa. Free parking. Did not try the Gordon Ramsay restaurant, but it looked quite nice. This was definitely a great bang for the buck using cash & points!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

It's great to have such positive reports about this hotel post renovation. Somehow, I suspect that rates will increase and thus the category will increase in 2009. This is a good hotel to think about booking pre category creep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.