Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Q3 07 promo -- multiple variations [Combined thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Q3 07 promo -- multiple variations [Combined thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2007, 5:59 pm

I'm platinum and got the 3K points every three stays up to 9K as well.
Old May 15, 2007, 6:05 pm

Just curious,

Why are the points better than the nights? 3 nights cost more than 18,000 points, right?
Old May 15, 2007, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
This was the full address of the landing page:
www.spgpromos.com/quarterly/index.cfm?EM=VTY_SPG_promo_promotion

But I got there by typing in www.spg.com/promo. I typed in my spg number and received the choice of the 2 promos. Perhaps try again later - and good luck!
Nope, that's the exact same URL I got to anyhow. Makes no difference. I still get nothing.
Old May 15, 2007, 6:15 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by aviators99
Just curious,

Why are the points better than the nights? 3 nights cost more than 18,000 points, right?
The nights are weekend nights and not everyone wants weekend nights. I, on the other hand, would jump at 3 weekend nights over 18K points most anytime. Keep in mind, this time around the free weekend nights are good at CAt 1-5 properties!!!!! That was a nice surprise!
Old May 15, 2007, 6:21 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Got triple points from June 1 to Aug 31. Oh well. I guess SPG figured out that I am a lost cause now anyways. Thanks for the heads up.
Old May 15, 2007, 6:33 pm

Here's what I was offered along with the T&C's (I'm a Plat):

"Terms and Conditions:

Offer is non-transferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/promo by July 15, 2007. Member can earn one Free Weekend Night award for every four (4) eligible stays up to a maximum of three (3) awards OR a total of 20,000 bonus Starpoints may be earned: four eligible stays — 4,000 bonus Starpoints; eight eligible stays — 12,000 total bonus Starpoints; twelve eligible stays — 20,000 total bonus Starpoints. Once selected, the offer cannot be changed. Stays must be at participating properties between June 1 and August 31, 2007. For members who choose Free Weekend Night awards, the earned awards will be available within 72 hours after the qualifying stay posts, are not transferable and may be used at Category 1–5 properties on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night between date earned and December 30, 2007, for one single or double occupancy standard room only, including the cost of the hotel room and room tax. For members who choose bonus Starpoints, bonus Starpoints earned will post to the member's account within 2–3 weeks after the qualifying stay posts. This offer cannot be combined with other offers. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest® program terms and conditions. Visit SPG.com to view the complete terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, see your redemption options and choose your communication preferences. The terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program are subject to change without notice. To learn about our data privacy practices, please view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com. To access our privacy information line, please call 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, W Hotels, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Westin, St. Regis and Starpoints are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates."

Last edited by yanxfann; May 15, 2007 at 6:58 pm
Old May 15, 2007, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by aviators99
Just curious,

Another reason is that those wkend nights must be used by the end of this year, while points, if kept for a long time, can be worth slightly more than nothing.^
Old May 15, 2007, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

another version

A total of 12,000 bonus Starpoints may be earned: two eligible stays — 2,000 bonus Starpoints; four eligible stays — 6,000 total bonus Starpoints; six eligible stays — 12,000 total bonus Starpoints
Old May 15, 2007, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
No choice for me...I got:

Register by July 15, 2007, and earn 3,000 bonus Starpoints® after your third stay, 3,000 after your sixth stay and 3,000 after your ninth stay for a total of up to 9,000 bonus Starpoints. Stay between June 1 and August 31, 2007.

Thanks for posting!
Old May 15, 2007, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Got a choice between the 3 weekend nights offer or the 4K, 12K, 20K offer. I took the 3 weekend nights because (if I can hit all 12 stays) I've got Zurich and Amsterdam in this year's travel plans.
Old May 15, 2007, 6:45 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
No choice, just the one to earn 3,000, 9,000 or 18,000 bonus
Starpoints when you stay three, six or nine times between
June 1 and August 31, 2007. Works for me, as I'll be doing several stays over the summer anyways.

Am hoping for a double-stay-credit one soon..but not holding my breath.
Old May 15, 2007, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Got a choice between the 3 weekend nights offer or the 4K, 12K, 20K offer.
I also got this choice......and chose the points without giving it too much thought.

Sure.....after evaluating the offers, the free nights are probably a better deal......and now that I think about it, I probably could have made use of them before the end of the year.

Oh well.......

One thing I couldn't tell from the T&Cs.....is it the arrival date that counts?

i.e. stays with either a May 31st arrival or June 1st checkout won't count.....but one with an August 31st arrival does even if the checkout date is in September?

Or does the entire stay have to take place within the promo period?

i.e. earliest checkin being June 1st......last day to checkout being August 31st.

Inquiring minds want to know.....

A.J.
Old May 15, 2007, 7:21 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
[QUOTE=fireworksboy;7743366]Got a choice between the 3 weekend nights offer or the 4K, 12K, 20K offer. QUOTE]

Got the same offer and with a little consideration took the free weekend nights. I didn't think I would use them before year end, but I'm going to throw in a trip before the end of the year to burn these nights.

Flyfarfar
Old May 15, 2007, 7:21 pm

conflicts?

I am already enrolled in a triple points special offer. Can I enroll in this offer as well?
Old May 15, 2007, 7:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
thank you! thank you!

Just made *wood Plat and Hyatt Diamond this week for next year! This offer is just icing on top. Was given a choice of 3 free nights or points! A no brainer - nights! Thank you *wood!^ ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.