Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Links for Free nights in conjunction with paid nights - Z2H, Z2R, Z3H, Z3R, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Links for Free nights in conjunction with paid nights - Z2H, Z2R, Z3H, Z3R, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I think many of these hotels and resorts became non-participators in these offers when the original promotion end date was extended to December 31, 2009.
That's not it. Both of the hotels I mentioned offered Z3R when I last checked in May. Now they don't. This seems to point to a 31 May expiration for booking.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:36 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That's not it. Both of the hotels I mentioned offered Z3R when I last checked in May. Now they don't. This seems to point to a 31 May expiration for booking.
We will see, but I think you are discounting the possibility that the hotels you mentioned wished to opt out when the offer were extended, but were late doing so.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I think you are discounting the possibility that the hotels you mentioned wished to opt out when the offer were extended, but were late doing so.
I believe in coincidence. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences.

If you can point to a single hotel that still accepts a Z3R booking, I'll take that as proof the promo still exists.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 4:17 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
...If you can point to a single hotel that still accepts a Z3R booking, I'll take that as proof the promo still exists.
So, do I have to do this now...immediately...or can I wait for Global Marketing Operations to reply to my inquiry first?

Okay...how about St Regis Aspen Resort for June 23rd for three nights?

And that was my first attempt.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Jun 22, 2009 at 4:44 pm
Old Jun 22, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I think there was some kind of glitch on *wood's part as many hotels I checked that had these stays suddenly didn't have them for a few days ....now they're back again. I vote for IT error
Old Jun 22, 2009, 6:59 pm

how about St Regis Aspen Resort for June 23rd for three nights?

And that was my first attempt.
OK, that means the promo still exists. I'll just have to assume that either the properties I'm interested in have backed out or there's a web site problem. Thanks. I guess I'll just use points or C+P.

And the answer is... web site glitch! Those same hotels are now showing Z3R again for the dates I've been monitoring.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Jun 22, 2009 at 7:06 pm
Old Jun 22, 2009, 7:08 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I believe in coincidence. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences.

If you can point to a single hotel that still accepts a Z3R booking, I'll take that as proof the promo still exists.
Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok
Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel
Le Méridien Bangkok

Le Méridien Chiang Mai

Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, Thailand

And on and on I can go here ...

Z3R booking dates checked July 13-16, 2009.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
And on and on I can go here ...
And if you would actually have read the thread before responding, you'd see we've already determined it's a web site error.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 7:36 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
And if you would actually have read the thread before responding, you'd see we've already determined it's a web site error.
I was checking the said promotional rates when you posted your determination about the website error ... I didn't mean to be offensive to you.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 3:51 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AZ Club Ulisse
Talking Stay/Points eligibility for Z6H-R and other promos?

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this was posted before, I've searched through various topics but couldn't find a definitive answer on this question:

I'm thinking of booking a room using the Z6H promotion (book 4 nights, get 2 free). Since it's a partially paid, partially bonus stay, will that count as an eligible rate to earn starpoints and a stay record?

Thanks! ^

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 5, 2009 at 9:56 am Reason: Moved into thread on promo for ease in finding info in future
Old Jul 4, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Should count as one stay, six nights. It is essentially a 33% discount off of a rate.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond
As boifromtroy pointed out, you will get stay credit and points.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 2:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AZ Club Ulisse
Thanks for the advice
Old Jul 5, 2009, 5:43 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
The Z*H and Z*R are both non-refundable and prepaid SPG.com rates. They are not considered awards so they are fully eligible as stays and you will get night credits for all of the nights.They are set up is to actually average the cost of Y nights over the span of the X nights.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 1:12 pm
cl_

...maybe another website glitch???

I'm trying to figure out if any of the Niagara Falls *wood properties have any of these promotions. However, if I select Niagara Falls, the website defaults to state of New York, USA. To the best of my knowledge there are not yet any *wood properties on the US side of Niagara. However, if I select Canada, ON, then Niagara, it just keeps telling me to select a state and the website just hangs.

I guess my bottom line question (the reason I was at the above site) is: how can I figure out online if any of the *wood properties on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls are participating?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.