Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Links for Free nights in conjunction with paid nights - Z2H, Z2R, Z3H, Z3R, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Links for Free nights in conjunction with paid nights - Z2H, Z2R, Z3H, Z3R, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2009, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
Insultingly ineffective Z2R rates

Checking BKK hotels today I find that going through starwood's Z*R link
most of the hotels shown as having rooms on that rate plan simply declare it to be an "invalid rate code" or , bump up the price so that it grossly exceeds the rate available without the "promo"

I for one I am sick of Starwood promos that are nothing of the kind. I wish that a consumer watchdog would take a look at this offensive state of affairs
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:23 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by werldporks
most of the hotels shown as having rooms on that rate plan simply declare it to be an "invalid rate code" or , bump up the price so that it grossly exceeds the rate available without the "promo"

I for one I am sick of Starwood promos that are nothing of the kind. I wish that a consumer watchdog would take a look at this offensive state of affairs
Hi werldporks,

I am sorry to hear that you do not find this particular promotion code(Z2R) impressive. Perhaps you can provide more details on the dates you are looking into and if any hotel in BKK would be fine for you.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel

Want some cheese with that?

The "invalid rate code" sounds as though there is some technical problem. If this is the case, one can hope that it will be fixed quickly.

Also remember that there is NEVER a guarantee that these rates will be available on particular dates. They are only offered selectively (perhaps when occupancy is predicted to fall below a certain percentage?). I've often found these rates to be excellent value (when they were available) and your comments about "promos that are nothing of the kind" and babble about "consumer watchdogs" and "offensive state of affairs" to be completely off the mark.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:48 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
The problem has been fixed since I first reported it a week or so ago. I am also booking for Bangkok SPG properties and the promo rates are there ... you need to use the resort link to the promos and not the hotel links. I believe *wood considers its BKK properties as resorts:

Z2R https://www.starwoodhotels.com/promo...?promoCode=Z2R
Z3R https://www.starwoodhotels.com/promo...?promoCode=Z3R
Z4R https://www.starwoodhotels.com/promo...?promoCode=Z4R
Z5R https://www.starwoodhotels.com/promo...?promoCode=Z5R
Z6R https://www.starwoodhotels.com/promo...?promoCode=Z6R

Last edited by Kalboz; Jun 8, 2009 at 10:26 am
Old Jun 9, 2009, 9:16 pm

Programs: le club accor plat adv plus; hilton gold;
Thumbs down also not happy

i have also been trying to book the Z6r rate at westin kuala lumpur for weeks - always invalid code - so i emailed the hotel who advised this has expired on may 31..even though i had tried prior to that without success...dates arte 24 august 6 nights...
Old Jun 10, 2009, 8:43 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by mumof2sydney
i have also been trying to book the Z6r rate at westin kuala lumpur for weeks - always invalid code - so i emailed the hotel who advised this has expired on may 31..even though i had tried prior to that without success...dates arte 24 august 6 nights...
Where does it say it expires May 31st?

Terms and Conditions:
  • Offer is valid at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. properties.
  • Offer is valid for stays consumed by December 31, 2009.
  • Offer is only valid for a six-night minimum/maximum length of stay.
  • Consecutive reservations for this offer will not be honored.
  • Basic room rates do not include additional per room per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
  • Rates are based on single/double occupancy.
  • These offers are based on Starwood’s best available unrestricted retail rates.
  • Advance purchase required. Credit card will be charged at time of booking. Reservations cannot be changed, are pre-paid and non-refundable; if cancellation takes place, guests forfeit total room charge plus tax.
  • A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates and additional restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
  • Offer not applicable to groups or with other special offers.
  • Void where prohibited by law. Not to be combined with other offers or promotions.

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/promo...?promoCode=Z6R
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Where does it say it expires May 31st?...
It doesn't in the Terms and Conditions of the offer; however, that doesn't mean that a participating property might not pull out of it. Still, I would expect them to be deleted from the participating properties list if they did, so Thyetus is looking into this further.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Thumbs down

It's kinda frustrated that even if the search page shows this hotel has available room for the offer, but once it's time to get down to biz, it always says "invalid code".

I'm checking at Sheraton Park hotel&resort in Anaheim, CA; starting from July 25th to July 31.

Tried the 25% off code, and buy 4 get 2 free code, same "invalid" error.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 5:14 am

still no joy - hotel is still in list and rate is still invalid - poor from spg
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Moderator note:

I have removed a post from this thread which re-printed private correspondence with a Starwood employee (presumably without said employee's permission), which is a violation of FT rules. Several subsequent posts, which quoted the offending post, have also been removed.

-AZ
Old Jun 17, 2009, 5:09 pm

Thumbs down apologies

my apologies for posting a direct reply from spg without their express permission. In summary spg advised that the hotel which shows it is participating has decided to not remove itself but just to block the whole summer period and make any of these codes invalid. I was asked to change my travel dates if i wanted to use these codes..
Old Jun 21, 2009, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This may be spreading. The Le Méridien Nice and Westin Auckland Lighter Quay are now claiming an invalid promo code for all dates.

Has anyone found any hotels returning a valid rate for any of these promos since 31 May? Or did they really expire 31 May (against the T&C)?

Last edited by mahasamatman; Jun 21, 2009 at 4:08 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Jun 21, 2009, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Procter
It's kinda frustrated that even if the search page shows this hotel has available room for the offer, but once it's time to get down to biz, it always says "invalid code".

I'm checking at Sheraton Park hotel&resort in Anaheim, CA; starting from July 25th to July 31.

Tried the 25% off code, and buy 4 get 2 free code, same "invalid" error.
I am having the same issues with the hotels in Vancouver. Want a booking for late July, and all of them indicate "invalid code" even though the search page show all the hotels in YVR are available.

This promo/link used to work fine, but now it is very frustrating that you have to click on each individual hotel just to discover that it's not available.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Can a lurker confirm or deny?

William and/or Theytus -

So, are these promos officially dead? Did they really expire 31 May as people are seeing as opposed to 31 December as implied by the promo T&C (no book-by date specified, but 31 December specified as the consume-by date)?

Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
William and/or Theytus -

So, are these promos officially dead? Did they really expire 31 May as people are seeing as opposed to 31 December as implied by the promo T&C (no book-by date specified, but 31 December specified as the consume-by date)?

Thanks.
IMHO, and I expressed this earlier, I think many of these hotels and resorts became non-participators in these offers when the original promotion end date was extended to December 31, 2009.

I can have Global Marketing Operations take a look at updating the list of current participants, but I am 99% convinced that this is what is at the bottom of the invalid promo code issue.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.