Search

Preferred Guest Plus Guest

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO P, DL D, Hilton D, SPG P, Marriott P, HYATT P
Preferred Guest Plus Guest

Hi, everyone!
I am new to SPG. Yesterday I received the "Preferred Guest Plus" membership card. There are four "plus" benefits on the backside: 1, 2 starpoints per eligible US ollar spent. 2, 4pm late checkout. 3, upgrade to a Preferred Room at check-in. 4, complimentary weekday newspaper.
I couldn't find any information about the "plus" from spg.com. Does anyone know what is the difference between "preferred guest" and "preferred guest plus"?
Old May 8, 2007, 2:09 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Hi sailxx, welcome to FT!
The Plus is like an in-between level between regular SPG and Gold. Supposedly the only difference between Plus and Gold is you don't get the 50% points bonus.
Old May 8, 2007, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
i have this through my amex and have had generally good luck getting upgraded using the card.
Old May 8, 2007, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by catwood
i have this through my amex and have had generally good luck getting upgraded using the card.
What Amex?
Old May 8, 2007, 3:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
You can get it through having an SPG Amex card. There are dozens of threads discussing it (Preferred Plus, Preferred Business Guest etc).
Old May 8, 2007, 3:44 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Please see the following thread that should handle questions about this topic... Everything you wanted to know about status at SPG (Master Thread)
Old May 8, 2007, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier
Please see the following thread that should handle questions about this topic... Everything you wanted to know about status at SPG (Master Thread)
Thanks. I have Gold through Amex Platinum and was not aware of other programs or ways to have a status at SPG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.