Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Let's Build a List - Hotels Without "Standard" Suites for Platinum Upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's Build a List - Hotels Without "Standard" Suites for Platinum Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:04 pm

The Sheraton Heathrow must be on the top of the list--last time I stayed there I did not even get to the Club Floor--let alone a suite. I did get club lounge access. They really try hard not to recognize Platinums.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I have updated the list to add The Resort at Singer Island in West Palm Beach. The lowest room category at the hotel is a "Standard" Suite, so per the SPG T&Cs, they do not have to offer upgrades to Plats.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 8:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy lifetime platinum elite
Sheraton Ottawa has no suites but the upgrade is a larger room on a higher floor and complimentary lounge access.

4 points toronto airport has no suites and no upgrades. Satyed there over 15 times and never got anything as a platinum except the amenity points. I now stay at the 4p in Meadowvale which has a few great suites with fireplace and flat screen LCD's
Old Aug 10, 2007, 9:05 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
After staying there on Wed. night, I can confirm that the Westin O'Hare definitely does have suites. As a Platinum, I was placed in the Chairman's Suite on the 12th floor. Great room with two large plasma tvs (one in LR one in BR). Too bad I was only there for seven hours.

As for one mentioned previously (PHX airport), as a plat I always turn down an upgrade because the club level floor is the only floor in that building that doesn't have a balcony. I find it amazing that they let everyone else has a balcony (and a window that opens) but the club level does not. In the summer it might be too hot but during spring/fall/winter I love having the fresh air and a place to eat some food.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
4p Yvr

The Four Points at Vancouver Airport has no suites available for upgrade (although it does have one Presidential Suite). Platinum upgrades are to a larger room, with a larger bathroom (separate bath and shower). My room was in great shape! No 4P problems here.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:20 am

ALCO: A few weeks ago and after my 5th stay at the Westin O'Hare in the past 2 years without being upgraded to a suite, I posted my experiences for you and indicated that even on the room map, no suites were indicated on the SPG Floor (12). My wife and I stayed there again for a couple of nights and we were fortunate to receive the Governor's Suite, on the 12th floor. Upon checkout, I thought of your thread and asked the front desk clerk how many suites they had-she replied just 20!

You may want to reconsider my previous post. (I'm again in Chicago this week and the following week at the Westin River North, and then the W, and I will let you know how I did).
Old Aug 13, 2007, 8:16 am

Programs: SQ Gold, SPG Plat
Sheraton Perth

Stayed at Sheraton Perth on Saturday-Sunday (1night). Given a corner executive room. Definately not a suite.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Thanks for the input. I have updated the First Post to add the 4P YVR Airport to the list. 4P Toronto Airport and Sheraton Ottawa were already on the list.

kelakwek, when you stayed at the Sheraton Perth, did you inquire whether they actually have standard suites, or did you simply not receive an upgrade on that stay? I created this thread not to report on properties that fail to upgrade Plats regularly (as there is already a thread for that), but to list hotels that do not have "Standard" Suites.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
4P San Francisco Bay Bridge, Emeryville, CA. As discussed in this thread. Alternate upgrades based on that thread: deluxe rooms and corner rooms.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, despite having around 10 suites these are not standard suites (2 standard room sized suite sells at 4x standard room price, nice return if you can get it).

Plats are upgraded to Poolside (swim up) room. I made a big fuss about this and was moved to a suite after my first night, it seems at least 2 other plats did the same thing.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:00 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
The Westin BWI airport has no suites. I believe this may also be true of the adjacent new Sheraton BWI airport.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Updated the first post to add 4P SFO Bay Bridge, Westin BWI & Sheraton Hua Hin. I left off the new Sheraton BWI, pending more concrete confirmation that it lacks standard suites.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA-1MM
I don't mean to be a smart ... here, but does anyone know about the Le Meridien in Vanuatu and upgrades? I am looking into booking this hotel sometime during the year. From the site, it is difficult to tell what they have to offer in terms of upgrades!
Old Mar 8, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: SPG, AA: PLAT; Hilton: Diamon, UAL: Premier Exec; IC_PriClub; 308 hours flying Boeing 707's
4P Williamsburg does have suites and does upgrade

Originally Posted by CaptainG
4P Williamsburg: CANX a reservation last week that said I'd been upgraded from a basic room to their efficency suites... didn't make it, so no conclusive evidence
Made it to the 4P Williamsburg 4 times and received a 2 Bed efficency suite each time. So they definitely have 'em and definitely give 'em out. They must have 40 of these efficency suites.

-- CaptainG
Old Mar 8, 2008, 10:25 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diam, MR Plat, AA Plat, CO Elite Plat., Hertz Gold
Where is this list posted? Could someone provide a link or ???

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.