FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Where to Stay in NY (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/681141-where-stay-ny.html)

dkelly1110 May 13, 2008 6:46 am

Originally Posted by SnoopDogg69 (Post 9715423)
What about for the US open? Which hotel is closest to Queens?

Anything along the 7 train would be your best bet.
That includes anything at Times Square (Westin, W) as well as near Grand Central (Court, Tuscany, even W NY on Lex).

Other than those you can stay at any other hotel and make a subway connection (Sheratons - take the E from 51st and connect to the 7 at 74th St/Broadway/Roosevelt Ave in Queens). W Union Square (4-5-6 to Grand Central and take the 7 from there).

ethang801 May 13, 2008 7:25 am

Originally Posted by SnoopDogg69 (Post 9715423)
What about for the US open? Which hotel is closest to Queens?

the closest hotel to the US open is the Sheraton Laguardia East hotel but transport wise, a car will most likely be necessary

ORDNorth Jun 15, 2008 9:14 am

Originally Posted by GBGFlyer (Post 9675874)
My wife and I want to spend a long weekend in NY with our kids 15(g), 10(g), 5(b), 3(b). What is the best hotel for this?

Figured that we'd need 2 rooms (girls in one boys in another), unless there are 2 room suites.

I am 3 stays from Plat. I am not opposed to staying in NJ and taking the train in.

Thanks

Wondering if anyone else has input on this? Going in July with just two kids, but expect to get either two rooms (it is NYC) or a single room with a points paid suite upgrade? Do the W Court or Tuscany offer anything in way of 2 room suites?

danwhy Jun 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by ORDNorth (Post 9882227)
Wondering if anyone else has input on this? Going in July with just two kids, but expect to get either two rooms (it is NYC) or a single room with a points paid suite upgrade? Do the W Court or Tuscany offer anything in way of 2 room suites?

Both W's have suites with seperate living rooms and bedrooms although the Court has substantially more of them. The fantastic suites at the Court have a King bed in the bedroom and a double sofa bed in the living room.

MichaelColey Jun 15, 2008 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by mslland (Post 9709967)
GBGflyer if I were you I would try the Suites on the Hudson! You can get the ferry 100ft from the front door of the hotel for $6 and be in the city in 4 mins. The rooms are huge and are all suites and half the price of the city. Its perfect with kids!

We stayed at the Sheraton Suites on the Hudson last year, and were very pleased as well. Huge rooms (compared to NY), great prices, wonderful view of the city, and the transportation was convenient.

chanp Jun 15, 2008 11:55 pm

i like the W times square, rooms are a bit small. next the westin tq. dont stay at the sheraton new york/towers. horrible rooms, service, staff (not all), etc