Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:11 am

How is the view of the fireworks (on NYE) from the platinum lounge?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Ross0
How is the view of the fireworks (on NYE) from the platinum lounge?
The Platinum Lounge has a great view of the Harbor. The left side has been partially blocked by the brand new Ritz/Four Season (whatever) hotel they are building there but the fireworks would be "over" that anyway.

I'd put it at 80%+ view. But, of course, the Plat Lounge will be horribly packed that night for people doing exactly what you want to do. Maybe they have some sort of reservation list for it? Considering only 1/2 of the lounge can actually see the fireworks (the other two "sides" face the Kowloon/Nathan Rd. side).

-RM
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
It would be absolutely fantastic as long as they don't let too many people in.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone who is SPG/Marriott gold and stays at this hotel over the Renaissance or JW across the harbor is not taking full advantage of their benefits. Full lounge access to nice lounges at the Marriott properties vs. basically nothing at the Sheraton. The rooms are also nicer at the Marriott properties.

Sure, you could spring for a Towers room and get a decent lounge with a nice view of HK Island but if that's what you're after then stay at the New Millennium in TST East and save 1000 HKD a night.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:13 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Anyone who is SPG/Marriott gold and stays at this hotel over the Renaissance or JW across the harbor is not taking full advantage of their benefits. Full lounge access to nice lounges at the Marriott properties vs. basically nothing at the Sheraton. The rooms are also nicer at the Marriott properties.

Sure, you could spring for a Towers room and get a decent lounge with a nice view of HK Island but if that's what you're after then stay at the New Millennium in TST East and save 1000 HKD a night.
Until I can earn nights/stays by staying at a Marriott property it is they who are no maximizing me as a customer. For me there is no difference between staying at JW or the Hilton.
RafKa likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by Central90210
Their Plat upgrade policy is, pending availability, a no-view (literally) full suite or a harbor view room on non-Towers floors. I find this upgrade policy to be fair.

The Platinum lounge (not the Towers lounge), however, is a joke.
Had a 2 night stay here 2 weeks ago. I had not stayed here in over 20 years. I went in with low expectations, and they were exceeded. It's an older hotel but they do seem to keep it up.

I am a Marriott Platinum, so I did get an upgrade to a great harbour view. The rooms are spacious enough. I found the bed to be VERY comfortable.

As you say, the platinum lounge is a complete joke, we went there about 6PM, it was packed. We left and did not return.

They did give us breakfast in the coffee shop, which was pretty good.

All in all, I would return.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Hi all, I'm staying here in a bit over a week, and may try to do a points upgrade to the towers. I've stayed here several times before, but I don't remember some specifics. So, if anyone knows- What are the times for the evening reception/drinks/food in the towers lounge? Same as the Platinum lounge- until 8pm? My flight lands around 5:30, and I'd like to know the likelihood of having some time in the lounge the day I get in. Same question for the breakfast- when do they start serving? I have an early(ish) flight on my departure day. And finally, how is the construction/traffic currently around Kowloon? Last time(s) I went there were many road closures, so the shuttle from the AE took forever. I'm arriving on a Sunday, however, this time.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:54 am

Checked in today and visited the Platinum lounge after a long day.

it was the most Pathethic lounge that I've visited considering this is a Cat 5 I've seen much better lounges found in Cat 1/2.

Seriosuly it is a complete joke, even my room (yes, i received an upgrade) has a much better view.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by talfred

it was the most Pathethic lounge that I've visited considering this is a Cat 5 I've seen much better lounges found in Cat 1/2.

Seriosuly it is a complete joke, even my room (yes, i received an upgrade) has a much better view.
​​​​​​This is a hotel where I really think it's worth paying for the Towers .
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:15 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by talfred

Agreed to the point that when I'm in HKG, I stay at the Grand Hyatt instead. Will try JW Marriott next time after a 15 year absence.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
Agreed to the point that when I'm in HKG, I stay at the Grand Hyatt instead. Will try JW Marriott next time after a 15 year absence.
I like the Grand Hyatt a lot, especially the club lounge at the top. How does the club lounge at the JW compare to the Grand Hyatt?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:41 pm

I have only stayed in HR TST which had a pretty decent lounge.. I wonder if other chains in Hong kong follow Sheraton's suit of offering a "elites only lounge" ?!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: GS, Marriott Titanium LT, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Stayed there last week and it was disappointing to say the least. The lounge is cramped, terrible seating arrangement and mediocre offerings. Got an upgrade to a harbor view room, but the view is limited due to recent construction blocking much of the view. My closet at home is bigger than the bathroom. Carpets are stained, furnishings are old and tired. The gym has nice equipment, but the sauna/locker area is substandard. Gym also gets crowded due to non-guest members. Breakfast at the cafe was ok, but it is crowded and very busy. Not a place to linger or relax. I have tried many different hotels in HKG and have yet to find one that is conveniently located (TST), decently priced and offers a good all around package. Will probably go outside SPG/Marriott next time.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Did you stay at the towers or the non-towers section?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:16 pm

Judging by comments on the lounge and breakfast in the cafe, almost certainly in the non-towers section, I would have thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.