Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Princeville Hotel, Hawaii - closed Sept 08 for renov; reopens 10/09 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Princeville Hotel, Hawaii - closed Sept 08 for renov; reopens 10/09 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by cxn
1) We would go on points or a time share deal
If its the timeshare deal, then go for it as that's a great deal.

Points on the other hand, this place just isn't worth the 20k or 25k pts per night that are required as of 2/1/07 IMHO. You'd be much better off using 12k/16k at Sheraton Kauai or finding a cheap rate at Sheraton Kauai. Until this place gets renovated and rebranded as a St. Regis, I just don't think it's worth the points and/or top-dollar that it is currently commanding. The 12k pts per night that it used to be, now that was a decent value and in fact I stayed there last month for 12k pts (booked before the devaluation of course). ^
Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Best Room # suggestions for Princeville?

I just booked 7 nights at the Princeville, Kauai for a romantic week, spanning February 12-19th in 2008 after much research on the best Hawai'ian properties, all thanks to FT. ^

On this trip, I think it might be appropriate to propose to my gf, but since I have a few months before I really decide, I am trying to get some insight into some great rooms I can "request" or politely beg for during this stay that spans Valentines Day

As a platinum guest (200 nights per year) using points for this stay, I want to get the best room possible for our magical, romantic getaway. It was difficult to pull the trigger because I've never used this many points for a stay, and I've never actually asked (begged) for a great room, so any tips are greatly appreciated to help me

Anyone have any great Room #'s they can share for me to request? I know that February will probably be slower than the high season, but what chances do I have to get a spectacular room?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jmw1515; Aug 18, 2007 at 10:50 pm Reason: Request by Mod
Old Aug 18, 2007, 10:08 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Did you use your points to upgrade to a suite? Did you email the GM of the property? If you stay in *wood properties 200 nights a year I would think that they would try and accommodate you as best they can. You could also look at doing the purchase of 4 nights with the 5th night free and then using points for the last 2 nights.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ldsant
Did you use your points to upgrade to a suite? Did you email the GM of the property? If you stay in *wood properties 200 nights a year I would think that they would try and accommodate you as best they can. You could also look at doing the purchase of 4 nights with the 5th night free and then using points for the last 2 nights.
I used the 4 nights w/5th free, and did 2 more. Since the property is 20K points per night, I don't want to exhaust the remaining points I have to guarantee the upgrade right now if there is a chance they will comp me to a great room.

Before I email the GM of the property, I want to have a real request, ie. Room xyz to ask for, based on a friends suggestion. I think showing knowledge and appreciation for the property will be better than just asking for a free handout to a higher class room.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 11:29 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I paid for a 2 nights last month. Didn't have to beg, was automatically upgraded to top floor, corner suite. I think the number is 1195, but I really didn't remember. It's located all the way to the left side of the hotel. I think it's very nice (view-wise). It's on higher floor, and room faced the beach and the mountain. The side windows faced some grassy fields and tennis court.

Although, I would think the corner right side of the hotel maybe slightly better, as you'll look out to the ocean. It's also easier to head to the pool (1 elevator ride, inside of 2 if you stay on the left wing). However, I'm not sure about the noise level, as you'll be above the terrace bar.

Let's see what others say. I heard that this hotel is pretty good at recognising PL status.

Either way, it's a great relaxing, romantic hotel. Nothing much to do, but that's the idea.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:00 am

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
I'd email Kelly Hoen the GM she is very nice. In regards to an upgrade as a lowly gold I got upgraded to a junior ocean view suite. Last time I got a similar room. Been there now 3 times, and have been upgraded to a suite 3 times...Your Mileage May Vary...but the time of year is good for an upgrade. Only annoyinng part is their luau...takes up the whole pool area.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 2:45 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Skymiles Gold, Staralliance Gold
I've been there twice and will be again for a couple of nights starting tomorrow. In my previous stays I got excellent rooms without asking, a wonderful jr. suite and a room with a magnificent view (it was true the second time they didn't have any better availability).
All rooms are very nice, a standard room is what they would name a jr. suite anywhere else, and maybe the most important thing could be the view. Ask for a view to Bali Hai...those views are to die for, and I cannot imagine your gf saying no with Bali Hai and the Ocean at the other side of the window......!!
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:03 am

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Only some of the Jr. suites have balconys. Ask for one that does, to me
with the view from the balcony of Bali Hai I can't think of a prettier or
more romantic place! This hotel is loaded with fantastic views, if you get
unlucky on a room, the beach in front of the hotel is beautiful. You can't
go wrong here!
Old Aug 23, 2007, 2:28 am

Question Pool access at Princeville Hotel for non-hotel guests?

Wondering if any knows if pool access if available, even for a fee, at the Princeville Hotel for non-hotel guests. Their swim-up bar looks kind of fun and we might want to check it out.

TIA.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Jay71
Wondering if any knows if pool access if available, even for a fee, at the Princeville Hotel for non-hotel guests. Their swim-up bar looks kind of fun and we might want to check it out.

TIA.
This is not allowed, and they don't offer it at a fee either. We witnessed them ask a few people to leave during our stay. Seems a bit harsh, but on the flip side how would you feel as a paying guest if you couldn't get a seat/lounger at the pool because they were taken by non-hotel guests.

If you happen to be staying at the Sheraton in Poipu you are welcome to the Princeville facilities and vice versa.

Last edited by jammers; Aug 23, 2007 at 11:12 am
Old Aug 23, 2007, 8:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
When I was at Princeville a couple of years ago, a couple of people came over and sat down at the loungers next to us on the beach. One of the waiters asked them what room they were in, they made one up, he called them on it and informed them that the loungers were for hotel guests only.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 9:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
The pool at Princeville hotel is only for hotel guests only. I was talking to a sales guy for the Princeville timeshare and he mentioned that even the future timeshare residents can't use the hotel pool because if the hotel allows these residents to use the pool, then they will need to have a reciprocal agreement that the hotel guests can also use the much nicer timeshare pool (to be opened in 2 yrs).
Old Aug 31, 2007, 6:37 am

Princeville Rates

Just noticed rates as low as $265 for Princeville Resort for January dates I plugged in (about same price as Sheraton Kauai). It had been listed at $625 before.

Not sure if a programming mistake, or indicative of renovations being particularly bothersome. Just thought I'd share.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Executive, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Status on Princeville renovations

We are heading to the Princeville (on a much delayed anniversary trip) next week (Oct 10). Anyone know if the renovations are complete? Or how I can get a renovated room?

Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:50 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Why not send them an inquiry directly?

http://www.princevillehotelhawaii.com/cu.htm

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.