4 Points Knoxville Cumberland House

Old Feb 27, 07, 12:26 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
4 Points Knoxville Cumberland House

Hooray! My long list of cities unserved by Starwood just got shorter.

Anyone have any history on this property?
Old Feb 27, 07, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott PP...Southwest A+ CP
Originally Posted by Jumpgate View Post
Hooray! My long list of cities unserved by Starwood just got shorter.

Anyone have any history on this property?
Not a bad place...stayed there a couple of times. Had a little trouble finding it, but there are plenty of restaurants near by and the hotel is nice enough.
Old Jul 18, 07, 7:05 pm

Just returned from a quick one night stay. This four points looks like it was just completely renovated as the room was pretty swank especially for a four points. Wireless internet was free of charge.

This hotel is right next to the convention center. I can't comment much more since I only had a one night stay in Knoxville.
Old Jul 18, 07, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mahalo View Post
Just returned from a quick one night stay. This four points looks like it was just completely renovated as the room was pretty swank especially for a four points. Wireless internet was free of charge.

This hotel is right next to the convention center. I can't comment much more since I only had a one night stay in Knoxville.
What did it use to be? I know they had a Ramada near the convention center.
Old Jul 20, 07, 12:30 pm

I too stayed here for a night back in March on my way to Nashville and it wasn't bad. They used to be called the Cumberland House Hotel and still have that old website...
http://www.cumberlandhousehotel.com/
Old Jul 20, 07, 4:38 pm

Programs: No More Loyalty
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Not a bad place...stayed there a couple of times. Had a little trouble finding it, but there are plenty of restaurants near by and the hotel is nice enough.
I stayed there this spring and found it to be nice (dare I add, especially for a 4 points).

Where are these restaurants? All I saw was student-oriented (low-end) places. I ended up eating in the hotel.
Old Jul 21, 07, 7:32 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OilersFL View Post
I too stayed here for a night back in March on my way to Nashville and it wasn't bad. They used to be called the Cumberland House Hotel and still have that old website...
http://www.cumberlandhousehotel.com/
Thanks,
Troy
Old Jul 22, 07, 7:50 pm

I've stayed there a few times and find it to be a nice enough hotel. For restuaurants, head across the bridge towards the convention center. If you keep heading up that street there are a few nice restaurants including one good seafood one (forgot the name, but ask the hotel staff and they will tell you). Also a good strip of bars in the area with some out of the ordinary beer selections. Nice hotel in my opinion
Old Apr 27, 08, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K; CO Plat; SPG Plat (yay!); Hertz 5-Star
One nite 4/24. Pretty good! :)

I just spent one night here on 4/24 in an executive king room ($125+tax). The hotel is about a 15 minute drive north of TYS Airport. This is a pretty nice hotel for a 4-points - the lobby is nicely decorated & the check-in is right near the bar/restaurant area. The staff was very friendly & welcoming. Parking is free (off 11th in the garage underneath the hotel) or you can valet (the valet lot is very small). The room itself was large, but it could use redecorating. The entertainment center & desk are very 1980's dark brown wood. The "flat screen" TV is just that - a flat screen (not wide-screen; and no HDTV). The vanity & sink are seperate from the toilet & shower. The shower was very nice - strong stream.

I really can't say too many negative things about this hotel. I had a very pleasant and comfortable stay and would stay here again when I'm in Knoxville.
Old Mar 19, 09, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Whats the Verdict?

Any recent feedback regarding this property?

Also, is anyone aware of the best way to get to this hotel if traveling from the north on I-40? I know I-40 has been rerouted along I-640 for thru traffic in the Knox area.
Old Mar 19, 09, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
yeah you want history? This is Peyton Manning's hotel, as in he owns it, or at least he did... not sure if ownership changed now that its a 4pts.

http://www.businesstn.com/content/mo...rning-realtors
Old Jul 27, 10, 7:27 pm

Programs: AC *E
We've stayed here a couple of times on trips to and from Florida. Rooms very impressive for a 4 Points, although the location is average at best. Restaurant has always been deserted when we have been there.

Trying to book it now and they seem to have a 2 night minimum for Friday and Saturday - not a good thing when you are planning a road trip. Anyone have any idea if tis policy can be waived?
Old Jul 27, 10, 8:26 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, HH-Diamond, MR-Silver
Originally Posted by ohcanada View Post
Trying to book it now and they seem to have a 2 night minimum for Friday and Saturday - not a good thing when you are planning a road trip. Anyone have any idea if tis policy can be waived?
What dates are you trying to book? Remember that the hotel is adjacent to the University of Tennessee campus and if it's a home football weekend you would be lucky to book a room even with a 2 night minimum.
Old Sep 14, 10, 10:50 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by flyman182 View Post
What dates are you trying to book? Remember that the hotel is adjacent to the University of Tennessee campus and if it's a home football weekend you would be lucky to book a room even with a 2 night minimum.
Two night min for football game weekends. You need to book the big games (FL, Bama, UGA) months in advance. I reserved with points about 10 months ago for this coming weekend (FL).

The location is exceptional, IMO. No other hotel exisits this close to the stadium. You can walk to places both downtown and on the "strip" from this location, and it's literally a 5 minute walk to the stadium. It is directly across the street from World's Fair and a pedestrian bridge connects this side of the road to the campus over Cumberland Ave.
Old Jan 14, 13, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
One night stay in December - a nongame Saturday night - and a very pleasant surprise for a 4 Points. It is equivalent to - really, better than - most full-blown US Sheratons, including a conference center, restaurant, decent beds and acceptable wifi. The staff was well trained and friendly; recommended.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: