4 Points Knoxville Cumberland House

Old Sep 28, 13, 2:01 pm

One night C&P stay early Sept, 2013. Used suite night award and was given corner room with separate small living room area and wet bar w/fridge. Free Internet and free parking were the only platinum benefits.

Room was clean and comfortable. I think one of the lamps didn't work, but otherwise great. Good view down on adjacent park area. Small balconies off both bedroom and living room. Bed clean and comfy. Pull out couch in living rm.

Restaurant on site was ok. Had standard breakfast for $10.00, maybe could have done better off site, but not motivated to motor around on a Monday morning. Big breakfast, service ok. We were the only ones there.

Staff was nice. We trusted them for a restaurant recommendation and they came through for us. They recommended Cafe 4 for dinner Sunday night. Located in Market Square with free parking in garage on Sunday. Slightly upscale, but worth it. Good shrimp and grits and good fried green tomatoes. Market Square seemed like a nice area in general, although we were only there for a couple hours. Several other places with outdoor tables facing the square.

Last edited by LftMn; Sep 28, 13 at 2:12 pm
Old Sep 28, 13, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mrredskin View Post
Two night min for football game weekends. You need to book the big games (FL, Bama, UGA) months in advance. I reserved with points about 10 months ago for this coming weekend (FL).

The location is exceptional, IMO. No other hotel exisits this close to the stadium. You can walk to places both downtown and on the "strip" from this location, and it's literally a 5 minute walk to the stadium. It is directly across the street from World's Fair and a pedestrian bridge connects this side of the road to the campus over Cumberland Ave.
I agree we stay their for most games and it is closer then most people can park.
Old Sep 29, 13, 12:21 pm

Stayed there a while back. Just ok, but we usually stay at Westins..

Originally Posted by SportsTech View Post
One night stay in December - a nongame Saturday night - and a very pleasant surprise for a 4 Points. It is equivalent to - really, better than - most full-blown US Sheratons, including a conference center, restaurant, decent beds and acceptable wifi. The staff was well trained and friendly; recommended.
Old Jan 10, 14, 7:21 am

4 Points Knoxville Cumberland House

Stayed there 1/4-1/6 2014. One of the nicer Four Points I have stayed at (out of maybe a dozen). Only negative is it is slightly farther from Knoxville's little restaurant area, which is on the other side of World's Fair park, closer to the Hilton. (But we are only talking an extra 3 blocks).
Old Aug 16, 14, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
we stayed here for a night earlier this week, hotel fully booked so no upgrades available but we were in a perfectly fine 'junior suite'--which means that you walk into a little living room area and then past the bathroom to the bedroom, not separate rooms. there was also a fridge and little wet bar with a sink. bathroom was nice, on the small side, and it's a four points so they're now doing one soap by the sink and dispensers on the wall of the shower/tub for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

closet was without doors and tiny, if it matters to you, but was no issue for us.

everything was newly renovated and i found the front desk staff from good to terrific. parking is $10 but was waived for me as a plat. we ate off property, so can't speak to the food.

you're an easy walk across the street to the grounds of the 1982 world's fair, and the resultant park. there's a fitness center as well, but with good weather you might as well head out the door for your exercise, which we did.

i'd stay here again in a minute, although i'm sure it's difficult to get a room during football season, and apparently when anything's going on at the university.
Old Aug 16, 14, 8:49 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
We stayed on C&P last season for the Auburn game, which is a REALLY great value! The GM of the property is an Auburn grad and a really awesome character. One of the three rooms we booked were upgraded. We never feel like we are out of place or in enemy territory (us being Auburn fans), even after we really took it to the Vols last season and had a few drinks downstairs at the hotel. We had free breakfast at the hotel (not for our amenity selection, but simply provided to us by the FDC, which was nice). We set up our tailgate right across the street from the property next to the parking deck and had a great time... and it was easy to pack back up and leave our things in a safe place before we trekked to Neyland. We also had a golden lab in tow and we had no issues at the property (and he was a smash hit at the tailgate with all of the fans passing by). This property is by far the most convenient property in Knoxville when it comes to football... and Peyton still has some level of ownership in the hotel and still visits regularly when he's in town.
Old Aug 17, 14, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
You had a dog? I thought the property didn't accept dogs...according to the website...?
Old Aug 17, 14, 6:00 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by karenkay View Post
You had a dog? I thought the property didn't accept dogs...according to the website...?
He is a service dog. ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: