Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Promo-Stay 5 times get 5,000 point uo to 15,000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Promo-Stay 5 times get 5,000 point uo to 15,000

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2007, 5:31 pm

Programs: SPG
Agree, that why I am not going to register.

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Okay, FWIW, here you go: If you don't like it, don't register for it. If you already have registered for it, then don't participate in it. Nothing says I hate this promotion to the marketing gurus like folks doing either one.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by luskinj
This promo sucks. I thought with all the devaluation they would have at least come out with a good promo. I had the entire month of March booked at the Sheraton in Tysons Corner. I'm going to cancel and book somewhere else. See ya Starwood.
Originally Posted by imverge
I got 3/9 promo. I'll stick with Marriott for my spring stays as I am getting double points
Maybe you can folks can swap with State Fan:

Originally Posted by State fan
only received the 5 stays/10k promotion. What a joke. Starwood, here I come.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by touringuy
Thanks to the O.P., or technically the second poster, I clicked on the link to this promo and received the following message:

"You've been selected for an exclusive Gold Preferred GuestŪ trial membership, valid through February 29, 2008. Now experience everything it means to be Gold — elite status that usually requires 10 stays to attain.

Enjoy all the exclusive benefits and preferential treatment of Gold status, plus a special opportunity to earn double base StarpointsŪ on all your eligible stays between March 1 and May 31, 2007. It's yet another way to build your Starpoints balance and get closer to Award Nights at our unique and spectacular destinations.

Register by April 15, 2007, to enjoy the elite status you deserve."

My Gold SPG status recently lapsed (haven't been traveling as much lately) and I was looking for a way to attain Gold status again, perhaps by status match, challenge, etc. Obviously this method is greatly preferred!

This will be great considering I'm heading to Florida next month to stay at an SPG Luxury Collection property!
Does the stay that qualifies you for the Gold status and double points also get double points? It is not clear in the T&C.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; United 1P; Marriott Silver; Hilton-Silver
I got a triple points promotion. FYI, I've moved all my stays to Hilton during the past two years.

Congratulations! You have successfully registered for this Starwood Preferred GuestŪ promotion. Earn triple StarpointsŪ on all your stays between March 1 and April 30, 2007, at Starwood hotels and resorts worldwide.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Triple points are sweet. Would have much preferred that to my 5/15 promo.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Starwood-Platinum, Avis
Originally Posted by richiezc
I agree this is kind of a poor promo, but I've just been in the right place at the right time for work. Picked up the 10K socal promo earlier, 9K from starry nights, am going to pickup 42K from the Cali/Canada promo, and now this on top another 15K. Once this new promo kicks in (and I will max it out) I will be avg 5K points per night.
I've searched all over this board for more info on the California/Canada promotion. Can you provide additional information, promo code, or link to the message thread. I'm lost!
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by ORDforlife
I've searched all over this board for more info on the California/Canada promotion. Can you provide additional information, promo code, or link to the message thread. I'm lost!
Thread:

New promo - Up to 6K Starpoints in 3 stays (US West Coast/Canada)

Promo registration:

Reward yourself - Earn up to 6,000 Bonus Starpoints!

A.J.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA - LFT GLD 1MM, UA - 2P, SPG - LFT Plat, Hyatt - Plat, HH - Gold, Avis - CHM
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
I (Plat) got the 5/15 promo. The dates are in direct conflict with the MR promo. Hmmmmmmmmm what to do, what to do? I know, who's had a big devaluation lately???
hotel hop here i come
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:53 pm

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
Maybe an expiring SPG Plat just like me ... I also got the same offer.

Originally Posted by wma
You are SPG PLT and you received a double points, double stay bonus. How did you get so lucky!!!
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Originally Posted by richiezc
its targeted, i got this too:
As an elite member of Starwood Preferred GuestŪ, you can earn 5,000 bonus StarpointsŪ (up to a total of 15,000) after every five stays between March 1 and May 31, 2007. Simply register by April 15, 2007.

others have reported 3 6 9K (pretty much stary nights redux).

Registration link:
https://www.spgpromos.com/quarterly/...=VTY_SPG_promo
Thanks for posting this.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:04 pm

Here's a question. What happens when you register for this promo and it overlaps another promo you are currently registered for? T&Cs say that neither promo is valid when used with another promo.

I'm sure this has been asked at least 1000 times, but I was unable to find the answer after an hour of searching, so go easy on me.

Thanks

MrDP
Old Mar 6, 2007, 6:48 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I too got the 5/15 one...would have really, really found the double-stays one more useful...but, oh well.....better than none, I suppose.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 7:25 pm

"You can now earn double stays and double StarpointsŪ between March 1 and May 31, 2007. "[/QUOTE]

Is this a targeted promo or can we just call in and ask for it?
Old Mar 6, 2007, 9:25 pm
SDK

3 stays for 3K

I got the 3 6 9.

Earn 3,000 bonus StarpointsŪ after every three (3) eligible stays up to a maximum of 9,000 bonus Starpoints. Arrival date must be between March 1 and May 31, 2007.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:16 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by tryagain
...Is this a targeted promo or can we just call in and ask for it?
It is targeted.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.