Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Award stay straddling status downgrade...will I still get Platinum benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I have a reservation arriving on Feb 26, 2007 and checking out on Mar 03, 2007. I am currently Platinum but my status will downgrade to Gold on March 01, 2007. Will I still get all the platinum benefits for the entire duration of the stay? Should I clear this up with hotel staff when checking in, or just automatically assume that my plat benefits will be given throughout the entire stay?

Mike
Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:07 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
I certainly seems to me that any on site benefits (such as room upgrade, club lounge access, fitness center, etc) would all be dependent on your status upon checkin. I can't fathom that the system would be set up to identify guests as targets for downgrades mid-stay. I think you're safe.

However, I can see if a guest had a longer stay and was straddling from Gold to Plat, they'd want to bring it to the attention of the GM or the front desk to have the new benefits in place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.