Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Starwood Lurker
If you're here, you are obviously experiencing some issues with the web site. Our apologies for any inconvenience. We have an interest in giving you the best web experience possible, so here are some tips on how to get any problems resolved:

First of all, the web assistance team has this suggestion for you:

"We first suggest the normal steps of clearing their cache (temporary files) and cookies, then log out of their Starwood Preferred Guest account online, then close all browser windows before trying again. Please note that clearing cookies may also remove any stored passwords in the browser.

It is important for them to log out to ensure no bad/old data is saved and so that the online account has a chance to refresh.

Also note that cache and cookies are 2 different things. The cache memory is what remembers old content for faster page loading and may cause errors after updates. Cookies are mostly only meant for tracking during the current session. Both can still remember old errors that may have existed in the browser."

You should also be aware that being on a VPN sometimes interferes with your browsing experience. Try browsing without being on VPN and see if this fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve your issue, you can you can send an email to [email protected] along with any screenshots leading up to and including the error message.

It also helps if you include the following information in your email:

-What browser(s) have you tried? Is the issue happening over multiple browsers or just one?
-Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?
-If you are using mobile device does this issue persist when on a desktop/laptop?

Once we have this information, we can forward it on to the web assistance team for further review, so please be as complete as possible.

If you are having an issue with any of the SPG apps, you can send the following information directly to the SPG App team at [email protected]:

-What device and operating system are you using?
-What version of our app do you have installed?
-What is the problem you have encountered?
Print Wikipost

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same here!!!
Hacked ???
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Try Incognito/Private mode on your browser.
If it loads, clear your cookies/cache of starwoodhotels.com.

Fixed it for me.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:22 pm
cfw

Programs: UA, DL, LH, Marriott, Amex
I am having this issue whenever I turn on VPN. What's the deal? Tried clearing cache and no dice.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by cfw
I am having this issue whenever I turn on VPN. What's the deal? Tried clearing cache and no dice.
dito - doesn't work with VPN
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
The website won’t allow searching for either Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon - only the hotel names come up. Thé only work around is to search the entire country.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
I posted this in the SPG Cravings thread but the problem still exists so I thought if I posted here perhaps Starwood might notice it.

The website SPG Cravings | Restaurants & Bars | Make Life Delicious has some hotel properties on it that haven't been part of Starwood for years, such as The Westin Diplomat. Perhaps the website needs to be updated?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by controller1
Perhaps the website needs to be updated?
It needs to be totally rewritten from scratch (particularly the broken search function), but I'm sure nothing will be invested in it pending the merged website.
controller1 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by remymartin
The website won’t allow searching for either Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon - only the hotel names come up. Thé only work around is to search the entire country.
Lurkers? Is the spg UX person still around to report these problems?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:45 am
Company Representative, Starwood Digital

Programs: MR,SPG,RC
Originally Posted by remymartin
Lurkers? Is the spg UX person still around to report these problems?
I am I opened a ticket last week based on your report and I am awaiting timing for a fix.
remymartin likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Confirmation for someone else's reservation!

I received a confirmation for a hotel I did not book sent to my email with all my account info - but I never made the reservation!
Called and after an explanation and a long time on hold (which was particularly inconvenient b/c out of the country) while rep talked to sup - told yes it is not mine, no they can't even tell me what state the person who made the reservation is in or any info - and THEY WERE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM AND WORKING ON IT
BUT THE PLAT CONCIERGE apparently hadn't been notified so I could have avoided the whole hold thing and the long expanation - ugh!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy lt Titanium, UA lt Gld MM, HHonors Diamond, Starbucks Gold!
Originally Posted by estnet
I received a confirmation for a hotel I did not book sent to my email with all my account info - but I never made the reservation!
Called and after an explanation and a long time on hold (which was particularly inconvenient b/c out of the country) while rep talked to sup - told yes it is not mine, no they can't even tell me what state the person who made the reservation is in or any info - and THEY WERE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM AND WORKING ON IT
BUT THE PLAT CONCIERGE apparently hadn't been notified so I could have avoided the whole hold thing and the long expanation - ugh!
That might be my confirmation! ;-)

I’ve noticed a problem over the last few months - when I book one particular hotel in Paris, I do not receive an email confirmation. I’ve tried resending it, asking the call center to send it, etc. Nothing ever shows up. But just for that one hotel. All other confirmations are received. Very frustrating!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by estnet
Does this rez show on your account too? If so, go in and cancel it! If you let it stick and something happens you are the one they will come looking for and to pay damages. Yes, I'd hate to be the one on the other end, but since it appears a CSR booked the rez wrong, they will need to step up and fix it.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
are they updating the site?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xexs
are they updating the site?
First it was just down. Now it says "updating." Looks like an unplanned outage to me
Old May 26, 2018, 5:00 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
SPG Dashboard - has anyone else not been able to log in since months? I get a "Oops...please contact customer service" message whenever I try to log in. I think this has been the situation for at least six months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.