Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Starwood Lurker
If you're here, you are obviously experiencing some issues with the web site. Our apologies for any inconvenience. We have an interest in giving you the best web experience possible, so here are some tips on how to get any problems resolved:

First of all, the web assistance team has this suggestion for you:

"We first suggest the normal steps of clearing their cache (temporary files) and cookies, then log out of their Starwood Preferred Guest account online, then close all browser windows before trying again. Please note that clearing cookies may also remove any stored passwords in the browser.

It is important for them to log out to ensure no bad/old data is saved and so that the online account has a chance to refresh.

Also note that cache and cookies are 2 different things. The cache memory is what remembers old content for faster page loading and may cause errors after updates. Cookies are mostly only meant for tracking during the current session. Both can still remember old errors that may have existed in the browser."

You should also be aware that being on a VPN sometimes interferes with your browsing experience. Try browsing without being on VPN and see if this fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve your issue, you can you can send an email to [email protected] along with any screenshots leading up to and including the error message.

It also helps if you include the following information in your email:

-What browser(s) have you tried? Is the issue happening over multiple browsers or just one?
-Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?
-If you are using mobile device does this issue persist when on a desktop/laptop?

Once we have this information, we can forward it on to the web assistance team for further review, so please be as complete as possible.

If you are having an issue with any of the SPG apps, you can send the following information directly to the SPG App team at [email protected]:

-What device and operating system are you using?
-What version of our app do you have installed?
-What is the problem you have encountered?
Print Wikipost

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Happy
Also why the tel number to contact SPG is SO DIFFICULT TO FIND?
On the bottom third of the page, far right-hand column is a large question mark with the words CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Click on that and you will be provided customer support phone numbers. Not so difficult at all.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:36 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
VPN Access?

Does anyone else have issues accessing SPG.com via VPN. I can access the site but anytime I try to login while connected via my VPN it gives an error like I entered my password incorrectly.

When I disconnect from the VPN I can login without issue.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by TTT
Does anyone else have issues accessing SPG.com via VPN. I can access the site but anytime I try to login while connected via my VPN it gives an error like I entered my password incorrectly.

Yes. I have to turn the VPN off. (I use IPVanish)
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:18 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Global321
Yes. I have to turn the VPN off. (I use IPVanish)
Thanks - IPVanish is my provider as well.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by TTT

Maybe you should try to use another VPN service such as ibVPN. You can test if it works, by getting their free trial.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Is anyone else having issues making award stays on the website (using Firefox)
i have tried 3 or 4 times to make a booking. All day same error message:

The system is temporary unavailable

In the end I have used the app to make the booking - at the SGS Bangkok.

Award bookings for other hotels worked without any issues but the SGS failed every time for multiple bookings - some for different nights

Last edited by stanontour; Apr 10, 2017 at 11:44 am
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I cannot see my upcoming stays on the website: "We found an issue we cannot resolve online. Please contact your nearest customer care center."
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Got this 2 days ago multiple times, concierge sent me summary of my upcoming bookings (at my request) - had no idea what was wrong with the website "maybe they're updating" - asaiac the website sucks - soooo tired of having to reset my rate preferences EVERY time, etc.
Just stopped reporting as I assume things will get better when Marriott takes over the web (since their website seems to work for me)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:45 pm

Does anybody have issues with staying logged in? I have to log into spg.com everytime that I visit the website.

I have checked that cookies are enabled and spg.com is on my trusted site list on Chrome.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by alvarez16
Does anybody have issues with staying logged in? I have to log into spg.com everytime that I visit the website.

I have checked that cookies are enabled and spg.com is on my trusted site list on Chrome.
I can't remember the last time I didn't have to log in when returning to the site. I often have to re-log in if I spend too much time browsing the site while working on a reservation. It seems to have been this way at least since the redesign of the website.

On the flip side, I often have to log out and re-log in to get the iPhone app to update my account activity.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Platinum
Thumbs down issues with SPG website

Am I the only one who is experiencing massive issues with the SPG website? For example, when trying to make a new reservation, the select dates feature is either disabled or dysfunctional. It won't allow me to click on the days to select--as it always used to. Also, when I made an all points reservation at the Westin Arlington Gateway, the reservation showed 16,000 points when it was really only 12,000. Today, when trying to make a reservation at the Westin Arlington Gateway, it rejected my future dates, then automatically changed the dates, and finally displayed this error message: "Sorry, the dates entered were not valid. Please note that we preselected some dates below - update them to reflect your preferences." I could go on with other issues, but the dates problem is nothing new.

Worse, whenever I call and speak to a front-line SPG representative, they tell me they are completely unaware of the website issues. Yet the frontline representative I spoke with today said, "yes, I know." But when I asked to speak with a supervisor about it they said--as if reading from a script, "we are not aware of any issues with the website; this is the first I've heard of this."

What is going on? I think the SPG website has imploded and Starwood isn't doing anything about it because it would cost too much to fix. Is anyone else experiencing IT issues with the site? And is anyone aware of what SPG is doing about it?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I'm not having problems selecting dates from the main page, but the rate search calendars are all broken.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by HNL2017
Am I the only one who is experiencing massive issues with the SPG website? For example, when trying to make a new reservation, the select dates feature is either disabled or dysfunctional. It won't allow me to click on the days to select--as it always used to.
I have exactly the same issue using Firefox 52.x and 53.0 with the uBlock origin and HTTPsEverywhere add-ons enabled.

It does work for me in Chrome. Some update they (SPG) pushed or something that happened with Firefox after version ~56.x broke the SPG website for me.

Was going to tell someone but my last experience with reporting a similar issue to SPG ended up a waste of time so I didn't bother this time. Just use a different browser or the mobile app for SPG.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by TTT

Their security provider blocks a wide range of (mostly totally legit!) ASNs as a lazy shortcut to filter out bots/scrubbers.

I reported to them months ago that one of my work IP ranges is blocked at the ASN level and that I don't want to be collateral damage. Had the same issue with Cathay Pacific for a while.

SPG did not resolve the issue. Cathay Pacific to their credit did!
Old May 12, 2017, 3:56 pm

Is anyone else having issues with reporting a missing stay - for over 48hrs have been receiving the following response:

Report a Missing Stay
We're Sorry
The system is temporarily unavailable. For assistance, please call 888-625-5144 in the U.S. or Canada. Residents of all other countries, please see our Customer Contact Centers.

Thank you. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.