Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Starwood Lurker
If you're here, you are obviously experiencing some issues with the web site. Our apologies for any inconvenience. We have an interest in giving you the best web experience possible, so here are some tips on how to get any problems resolved:

First of all, the web assistance team has this suggestion for you:

"We first suggest the normal steps of clearing their cache (temporary files) and cookies, then log out of their Starwood Preferred Guest account online, then close all browser windows before trying again. Please note that clearing cookies may also remove any stored passwords in the browser.

It is important for them to log out to ensure no bad/old data is saved and so that the online account has a chance to refresh.

Also note that cache and cookies are 2 different things. The cache memory is what remembers old content for faster page loading and may cause errors after updates. Cookies are mostly only meant for tracking during the current session. Both can still remember old errors that may have existed in the browser."

You should also be aware that being on a VPN sometimes interferes with your browsing experience. Try browsing without being on VPN and see if this fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve your issue, you can you can send an email to [email protected] along with any screenshots leading up to and including the error message.

It also helps if you include the following information in your email:

-What browser(s) have you tried? Is the issue happening over multiple browsers or just one?
-Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?
-If you are using mobile device does this issue persist when on a desktop/laptop?

Once we have this information, we can forward it on to the web assistance team for further review, so please be as complete as possible.

If you are having an issue with any of the SPG apps, you can send the following information directly to the SPG App team at [email protected]:

-What device and operating system are you using?
-What version of our app do you have installed?
-What is the problem you have encountered?
Print Wikipost

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2005, 2:03 am

I have been trying to get onto the SPG.com site since May 11. Each time I try SPG.com or Sheraton.com I receive the "We are updating our site" message. Refreshing the screen doesn't work (no matter how many times I try). I found a backdoor that works by going through the AmEx SPG Credit Card site, so I can get on and update my information.

When I tried to visit the Wedding Planning site, I could not check available dates for any of the properties I tried. I filled in the information, pressed Search and nothing happened.

Using the regular Reservations page, I fill in the data and am sent to another blank data page. Once I fill that in, I press Search and again, nothing happens.

This has happend May 11, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 19. Times between 0100 and 1200 EST.
Old May 19, 2005, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by owner1
Well, I really dont know how I can explain it any easier, any Starwood website I go to, westin.com sheraton.com starwood.com SPG.com, comes up as we are currently updating our website, when I tried the st regis I was able to access my account, really do not feel I am being vague, I have limited knowledge of computers, but even I can log on to a website.
But you didn't bother to mention before that you were getting the "we are currently updating our website" screen. @:-) That is what I mean by being vague -- failing to mention what you DID see, but just saying, or implying, "it doesn't work." It's ALWAYS important to be specific when describing problems. @:-) @:-) @:-)
Old May 19, 2005, 7:22 am

Programs: SPG PLAT/Delta PM/Marriot Gold
Thank you so much for explaining it to me.
Old May 19, 2005, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, *wood PLT (ambassador service) and more
I think this is a website issue so I am posting it here...

I made a reservation online via spg.com two days ago and never received an email confirmation. My email address is correct in the system (I have checked this twice) but I havent received an email. Does anyone know what could be going on?

Thanks!
Corey
Old May 19, 2005, 10:41 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by FSFlyer
I have been trying to get onto the SPG.com site since May 11. Each time I try SPG.com or Sheraton.com I receive the "We are updating our site" message. Refreshing the screen doesn't work (no matter how many times I try). I found a backdoor that works by going through the AmEx SPG Credit Card site, so I can get on and update my information.

When I tried to visit the Wedding Planning site, I could not check available dates for any of the properties I tried. I filled in the information, pressed Search and nothing happened.

Using the regular Reservations page, I fill in the data and am sent to another blank data page. Once I fill that in, I press Search and again, nothing happens.

This has happend May 11, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 19. Times between 0100 and 1200 EST.
Sounds like you are accessing cached information that has since changed. You might try clearing your cache and trying again.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old May 19, 2005, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by owner1
Well, I really dont know how I can explain it any easier, any Starwood website I go to, westin.com sheraton.com starwood.com SPG.com, comes up as we are currently updating our website, when I tried the st regis I was able to access my account, really do not feel I am being vague, I have limited knowledge of computers, but even I can log on to a website.
Try clearing your cache and see if this helps.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old May 19, 2005, 12:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
We Are Currently Updating Our Site

"We Are Currently Updating Our Site"

I have been getting this again and again at the Starwood sites for weeks. Two minutes ago, too.
Old May 19, 2005, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by TBJKickers
"We Are Currently Updating Our Site"

I have been getting this again and again at the Starwood sites for weeks. Two minutes ago, too.
Did you read William's posts directly above yours?
Old May 20, 2005, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Sounds like you are accessing cached information that has since changed. You might try clearing your cache and trying again.
I cleared the cache and still no luck. I get the same "updating the website" message.

Also, now when I try to use the backdoor through AMEX, I get the following message:

"Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team. "

I can get to any other page on the Internet, just not Starwood.
Old May 20, 2005, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by FSFlyer
I cleared the cache and still no luck. I get the same "updating the website" message.

Also, now when I try to use the backdoor through AMEX, I get the following message:

"Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team. "

I can get to any other page on the Internet, just not Starwood.
Okay. Thanks for trying anyway. I'll report this to the web gurus and we'll see what they have to say.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old May 22, 2005, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Glad you asked. Yes, it is worthwhile and I am currently working with the web gurus on a way to get things addressed in a quick and timely manner, whenever the problem is on our end.

To that end, going forward, all we really need to know from anyone experiencing a problem is 'when' and 'what'! You will need to report the time and date (Eastern time US is best) the incident occurred as well as what you were doing at the time, and a starting URL is always helpful.

When I am in the office and notice these, I will be forwarding them to the web gurus. When I am not in the office, I will forward them when I return. There may never be a situation where I am able to tell you what the problem was/is and what was done to resolve it, but hopefully, this will give the web gurus some additional feedback and make the sites more pleasant to use from a customer aspect.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
My problem is as follows:

At 4:30 PM EST on 5/22, I tried to book the Palace Hotel. Logged in without problem. I see on the page that gives you choices of hotels that it's offering "from $165".

When I click on "book this hotel", and get the list of available rates, there are no leisure rates. My SET number is prefilled (as I want it to be), I erase it, click on Promotional Rates, and I get the message "Sorry, this hotel cannot be booked on the website at this time (I'm paraphrasing), please call...". Same if I try AAA rate.

I have called web assistance, who when they try it (logged in as me), it works fine. We both use IE. I cleared all my cookies, web page history, etc. It does it on my laptop as well. It does it with other hotels.

This does not happen on other travel websites, which I use extensively. The web technician will report it on to 2nd level support, but she already told me there isn't anything they can do because if she doesn't have the problem, it means it's not the site.

Sorry, I don't buy that. She said I should call my internet service provider, as if this could be a DSL issue. None of this explains why it doesn't work on two separate machines with two different connectivities.

It used to work. Now I'm just frustrated, especially with the rates going up so dramatically this year, to be shut out of leisure rates is a pain.

Thanks for listening!
Old May 23, 2005, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
My problem is as follows:

At 4:30 PM EST on 5/22, I tried to book the Palace Hotel. Logged in without problem. I see on the page that gives you choices of hotels that it's offering "from $165".

When I click on "book this hotel", and get the list of available rates, there are no leisure rates. My SET number is prefilled (as I want it to be), I erase it, click on Promotional Rates, and I get the message "Sorry, this hotel cannot be booked on the website at this time (I'm paraphrasing), please call...". Same if I try AAA rate.

I have called web assistance, who when they try it (logged in as me), it works fine. We both use IE. I cleared all my cookies, web page history, etc. It does it on my laptop as well. It does it with other hotels.

This does not happen on other travel websites, which I use extensively. The web technician will report it on to 2nd level support, but she already told me there isn't anything they can do because if she doesn't have the problem, it means it's not the site.

Sorry, I don't buy that. She said I should call my internet service provider, as if this could be a DSL issue. None of this explains why it doesn't work on two separate machines with two different connectivities.

It used to work. Now I'm just frustrated, especially with the rates going up so dramatically this year, to be shut out of leisure rates is a pain.

Thanks for listening!
Couple of questions on this one: 1) this is the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, right? 2) what date and for how long were you checking to book this stay.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old May 26, 2005, 1:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks for the email reminder SL.

Palace in SF, yes, August 5, one night.
Old May 30, 2005, 5:42 am

Programs: Gold Medallion, *wood Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Cannot Update Account Information

Originally Posted by bobbyboi
I'm having the same problem with my account. I contacted someone at SPG and they created a ticket to troubleshoot the issue. This was about a month ago and I haven't seen a resolution since.

What's funny about the error message is that there isn't even a field on the form to enter a password!

This was my old post but I haven't seen a resolution to this issue. After updating my contact information and clicking "save changes," I get the following message.

"There are some errors in the form. Please correct them and then click the "save changes" button again.

* indicates required information.

Please enter your password."

I have all fields filled out, and ironically, there's no password field to be found. I have tested this in multiple browsers on multiple platforms (PC, Mac).

I am also unable to update my credit card information.

I'd love to see this issue fixed soon and it seems like I'm not the only one!

Bobby
Old May 31, 2005, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Thanks for the email reminder SL.

Palace in SF, yes, August 5, one night.
beachfan, no one can duplicate the problem on our end using the criteria you used. Usually, this means the problem is on your end of things.

Wish I had better news, but there it is.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.