Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood Promotions page -- discount deleted when booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Location: airports: SFO (lots) OAK (when possible); live: Concord, CA
Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond

Hi all,

I am finally taking advantage of the promotional landing page we all know and love, http://www.starwoodhotels.com/promot...egory=GENDRE_H

You know, the one with buy 2 nights, get 3rd free, buy 3 nights get 4th free, etc.

I have been cruising the rates for my selected hotel and dates for awhile now and have finally made my travel plans for my weekend in NYC.

The rate I had found was $329/night for W The Court, marked down to $263.20 for the "Save 20% on a 2-Night stay" deal. My dates are 3/2 to 3/4. I had selected 1 King, Wonderful Non-Smoking Room.

However, now when I do the final step, the actual "Reserve Now" button (and of course these deals don't allow any cancelations at all), it takes me to a summary page, on which the discounted price is no longer showing in the "fine print." Rather, the original/full/non-discounted $329 now shows there. There is no Contact Us button or anything, and their warning about the no-cancellation/forfeiture policy has me afraid of pulling the trigger then trying to deal with it later.

So are the deals on the promo landing page a sham, or what? The discounted price was showing all the way through the process until this very last step.

Anyone? William?

Thanks all,
SEA2BA
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; Hilton Silv; AA Plat; QF Gold;
Hey There...

I wouldn't be too concerned about this. Looks more like a bug on the website than anything else, and it's happened to me a few times. The correct rate has always been charged by the hotel.

If you are a bit worried, make the reservation, then give Reservations a quick call to make sure the correct rate plan has come through. Also, take a copy of the booking confirmation with you, just in case.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:22 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
You might try calling the Internet Help Desk and walking them through the booking process. If there is some kind of glitch, then they can report it to the appropriate resources at Starwood. They might even be able to book the rate you want if the rate plan is available in the reservations system. 888-625-5144, option #3.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:06 pm
CKL

Stupid question from one that has never used this promo landing...

If I book a 'buy 2 nights, get 3rd night free' room - do I still get points?

We have an upcoming vacation planned in which we depart on a Monday night.. I was just toying with the idea of staying near the airport for the weekend prior and letting the kids swim. I have heard that I can leave my car at the hotel while I am gone and save on the airport parking. Anyone in Chicago (ORD) know if this is true? Usually I just take a limo...
Old Feb 14, 2007, 1:27 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by CKL
Stupid question from one that has never used this promo landing...

If I book a 'buy 2 nights, get 3rd night free' room - do I still get points?
Yes, it is a fully eligible stay for stay credit, benefits and points.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Location: airports: SFO (lots) OAK (when possible); live: Concord, CA
Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Thanks all.

I held my breath and booked it. Sure enough, the confirmation email I received DID show the discounted rate and the promotional messaging.

So: all's well that ends well, I suppose.

Mods, feel free to close this thread.

Thanks,
SEA2BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.