Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Frankfurt: Which Starwood? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt: Which Starwood? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Am debating between the Sheraton Congress and the Sheraton Offenbach for a quick stop driving from Holland to Austria. Which one is nicer?

Both are about the same price and are both along the route.
I did almost the same thing and like I posted above, the Congress had free parking out front after 6pm. Not sure if the Offenbach has that.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:26 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Am debating between the Sheraton Congress and the Sheraton Offenbach for a quick stop driving from Holland to Austria. Which one is nicer?

Take the Congress for a quick stop, the Offenback is nicer but is more of pain to access.

Coming from the A3......exit onto A5 north and you'll be there in 5 minutes (do not come from A5 south, there is no access to Niederrad, must come from A3 on A5 north) Free parking can be found immediately on Lyonerstrasse. Couple of decent restaurants next door.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Staying at the Sheraton Congress after a 60-minute fiasco stay at the Westin.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-thread-8.html

Booked online and showed up at the hotel 30 minutes later. Despite the gloomy facade, the interior is fairly modern. This place knows how to treat elites. The check-in clerk was fairly young but she knew the drill. She went over the benefits and upgraded me to a junior suite without asking. I'm impressed since I made the reservation only half an hour before check-in.

The junior suite is a nicely renovated room with separate bedroom with a separate soaking tub and shower. The living room also has its own bathroom with only a shower. In addition, it has two terraces with two chairs and a table and a view of planes approaching FRA.

The rates at Congress is cheaper and you get a better room than the Westin.

Street parking seems to be available any time. Didn't see any restriction signs or meters.

Last edited by seawolf; Jul 1, 2012 at 3:45 pm
Old Jul 1, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
I am staying at the Westin Grand now for the second or third time, and must say I am still not overly impressed. There were quite a few faux pas with housekeeping. the "upgraded" room has a really tiny window with a dismal view. Bathroom is equally tiny. On the other hand, the lounge is quite good and most hotel staff go out of their way to exhibit good service. There is nothing catastrophically wrong with this hotel, but nothing that stands out either. My own personal preference in Frankfurt is the Hilton, where even without status I feel I get a better value for money than at the Westin with Plat status.

Last edited by Sphinx; Jul 1, 2012 at 1:59 pm
Old Oct 20, 2012, 9:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Same question basically, tough last time I stayed at the Congress but was not overly impressed. Is the Offenbach better?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:36 pm
Original Member

At the Congress again. I like this property. Breakfast is good. Street parking free. WiFi fast. Only negative is that rooms on 10th floor do not have in-room safes.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood Gold
SPG property in Frankfurt.

Does anyone have recommendations for which hotel in Frankfurt area they would recommend?
I will be a single female travelling in April timeframe.

Thank you
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:12 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Well i think it should be safe at and around all spg properties....
Meridien Parkhotel and Westin Grand are inside the City, also Sheraton Offenbach is a choice ... Sheraton Congress is not directly in the city center...

depends also on your purpose of travel
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador

Westin is safest, so to speak. I lived in FRA last 2 years. Very safe by American standards. Le Meridan is near train station, so a few brothels and a bit sketchy. Westin is in the middle of pedestrian way.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:34 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ight=frankfurt

Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I prefer the Westin when staying in the city, The Sheraton at the airport when in transit.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK, SPG LT Platinum(RIP), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle

I would recommend the Westin as it is inside the city with some decent restaurants within walking distance.

Cheers
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:16 pm
Original Member

Stayed at the Sheraton Congress again. Not much has changed since October. Street parking is still free and available.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
we have 24 hours in FRA on layover as part of a longer trip...i'm considering the sheraton at the airport, or the congress (cheap points rate). is there anything near the airport hotel other than the airport itself, like small shops or restaurants?

we have no interest in hotel restaurants, but also don't want to spend a great deal of time on transit, since our time in FRA is so limited.

nm--having just read the rest of the thread, i'm thinking the airport sheraton--with early check in--and i'll take the train to the city for the day. make sense?

Last edited by karenkay; Jul 23, 2013 at 2:19 am
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Shops and restaurants - not really, but there are a lot in the airport itself.
Many more, and more reasonable, than you would find at home.

Yes, airport Sheraton and commute by train - very easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.