Wiki Posts
Search

!Dumb Question! Dual SPG Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Silver, SPG, Delta
!Dumb Question! Dual SPG Promotions

This has probably been answered already but...

I am currently registered for the 6X starpoints promotions for stays until 31 MAR 07.

One of the hotels that I plan to stay at in Feb has a 1000 bonus *point promotion (1000 *points per stay).

I assume I will earn 6X starpoints for the base rate + 1000 points for the bonus.

Please correct me if need be.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 6:56 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
I assume that you're talking about a corporate-wide triple Starpoints promo that gives a total of 6 points per dollar spent. Yes, a corporate-wide promo (paid for by SPG) can be paired with a hotel-specific promo (paid for by the hotel).
Old Jan 27, 2007, 7:45 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Not a dumb question at all.
And with all of the predictions of upcoming promos I am going to be very confused and will be wondering what will post and what wont.
Right now I am in the same boat as 1001marriottnights.
Staying 2/1-2/4 in SF-it could be a very profitable weekend as far as SPG points.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 8:19 am

Yes, there are numerous promos out there that seem to conflict. I am currently signed up for the following:
- stay 3 times and get 3000 pts
- triple pts at the East coast hotels
- Philadelphia 1000, 2500, 5000 pts for 1, 2, or 3 night stays

Initially I got the 3000 pts bonus. But once the programming at SPG was complete I started to receive the other 2 promos and not the 3000 pt one. This is too complicated to figure out so I'll be happy with what I get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.