Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

New Starwood Brand - "1" Hotel and Residences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

From PC Today Magazine - Feb 2007 print edition
Starwood Capital Group, the organization behind Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, including Sheraton, Westin, and the St Regis, announced plans for 15 new hotels under its new luxury, eco-friendly brand. "1" Hotel and Residences will open its first hotel in Seattle in late 2008...
Note, article is not available online except to subscribers.

Also note, since it's in a magazine, it must be true

I almost spilled my lunch when I read it (hey, it's rare to get a scoop on FT), until I realized the article's author probably wasn't as up on the idiosyncracies of Starwood Capital vs Starwood Hotels as the SPG forum on FT
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
The press release is linked here: http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4453948&EDATE=
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
PC Today has a hotel scoop? Interesting...

Sounds like a cool brand. I wonder where it'll go in Seattle, since they already have three big properties clustered together right downtown. Maybe in the growing Lake Union area? There's a ton of development on the south edge of Lake Union, and a new Pan-Pacific Hotel in that area as well.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
The article seems to have its facts mixed up. In reality, this post doesn't have anything to do with Starwood Preferred Guest.@:-)
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Sorry - just to be clear - this post was intended in jest.

Yes, the magazine had this article, yes it says Starwood Hotels - no, it's not correct. Starwood Capital and Starwood Hotels are very different things.

It seemed like a good idea for a post in my jet lag induced haze
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:06 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
OP on this topic

Announced in October 2006 with similar confusion...

Edit: thread no longer exists, so I removed the link.

Last edited by sc flier; Jan 18, 2008 at 8:12 pm
Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:30 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Realizing of course that this is not really related to SPG, I still thought it interesting to note that one of Starwood Capital's "1 Hotel"s has been cancelled.

Barry Hotel Partners leaves Streets of Buckhead
Old Jan 19, 2008, 12:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Originally Posted by pinniped
PC Today has a hotel scoop? Interesting...

Sounds like a cool brand. I wonder where it'll go in Seattle, since they already have three big properties clustered together right downtown. Maybe in the growing Lake Union area? There's a ton of development on the south edge of Lake Union, and a new Pan-Pacific Hotel in that area as well.
Maybe a good excuse to ride the S.L.U.T.?
Old Jan 19, 2008, 12:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Maybe a good excuse to ride the S.L.U.T.?
Who needs an excuse!??

He-yo!
Old Jan 19, 2008, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
There is a 1 Hotel being built near my office in DC. It's on M Street, across the street from the Ritz-Carlton. Nothing much has been done to the existing property, but signs are up and the existing building is fenced off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.