Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa - Amphur Cha-Am, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Jul 13, 2023, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa - Amphur Cha-Am, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:56 am

We stayed there a couple of years ago...........If I recall, just go to the hotel website and choose announcements. It will then list the dates when they feel there could be "loud noise". I'm pretty sure it is there. Just remember that as they receive bookings those dates will change or be added to.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
An Indian wedding was the highlight our stay, a couple of weeks ago.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bravada04
We stayed there a couple of years ago...........If I recall, just go to the hotel website and choose announcements. It will then list the dates when they feel there could be "loud noise". I'm pretty sure it is there. Just remember that as they receive bookings those dates will change or be added to.
I can confirm this.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Delete

Last edited by SHLTP; Feb 25, 2017 at 11:23 pm
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Free alcoholic drinks all day? Not just during happy hour - are you sure?

Anyway - it is one of my favorite hotels and I agree with how people return b/c it is a great place. Although I do disagree a bit about the Indian weddings - now that they have the two other venues (conference and nightclub) for the major dinners, etc. it involves much less closure and I do find seeing the dresses and (some) of the music and festivities fun - to each their own. The nice thing is that you can see the dates if you wish to avoid - not something most hotels will do!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:50 pm

Delete

Last edited by SHLTP; Feb 25, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by estnet
Free alcoholic drinks all day? Not just during happy hour - are you sure?

Anyway - it is one of my favorite hotels and I agree with how people return b/c it is a great place. Although I do disagree a bit about the Indian weddings - now that they have the two other venues (conference and nightclub) for the major dinners, etc. it involves much less closure and I do find seeing the dresses and (some) of the music and festivities fun - to each their own. The nice thing is that you can see the dates if you wish to avoid - not something most hotels will do!
I tend to agree on the Indian weddings. Does it change the feel of the resort? Absolutely, but it can also be fun to see--at least it was for us. It has a big resort feel to it to begin with so we didn't find the wedding particularly disruptive. The hotel also took us down to Pranburi for one of the days and fed us lunch which helped too.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP
I think I wrote non alcoholic drinks all day. Alcohol only served free from 530-730 in club lounge. I just wish they went back to all kinds of fresh squeezed juice and not just watermelon.
Whoops, sorry for my misreading - can I claim jet lag?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Ambassador, Oneworld Sapphire / BA Silver
Good afternoon to you all,

I'm updating this thread from the property itself.

As Platinums, we were upgraded to a very nice Oceanfront suite, with fruits and macaroons waiting for us in the living room. Breakfast is complimentary at the main restaurant but you'll get a selection of hot dishes at the lounge if you prefer. The main breakfast has a lot of things. Music is really loud and service so so sometimes (25 minutes to get cold soy milk cut with water, weird in a good hotel), but buffets are huge.

Edit 4th of december : we met the new executive Chef last night, it will be interesting to see how things will evolve, change, etc .

Although the staff is lovely and nice at the lounge, the offering is very , very poor especially during the day : "all day snacks"... you mean peanuts, a bunch of dry fruits and fruits - no signs at all of the snacks some previous members mentioned , and no menu or anything even for the drinks outside of sodas and water or hot things (i would hate to have paid for the lounge access in this hotel. As a Plat benefit, great, but I wouldn't recommend to pay for the upgrade if I had no status.). Compared to Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok, Hyatt here or even the Hilton, it's a big disappointment in terms of F&B. Also, not a big fan of the lounge location : it looks like they chose the saddest part of the resort to set up the lounge apparently, but the great suite upgrade makes up for it

But overall we love it here : the resort is beautiful , the views amazing - and do wake up early to watch the sunrise ! We're in between Indian weddings so it's peaceful overall.

From the Hyatt to the Sheraton, we took a cab for 500B. From and to Bangkok, always a car for 1900B (last time from Royal Orchid Sheraton to the Hyatt Hua Hin), or a minibus if staying at the Hilton (they stop closeby and you can go straight to Sukhumvit, no need to go to Mochit in Bangkok).

I can only compare with a few hotels in Hua Hin : , I spent many stays at the Hyatt Regency (Club part) and the Hilton (Diamond). The Hyatt has been my favorite for years, but Hilton has regular great prices and takes care of the Diamonds. The Anantara was great a few years ago, from what I remember. I'd be curious to check the Marriott or the Centara when the rates are more reasonable.

Have a nice day
Sophie

Last edited by Sophie Lecomte; Dec 3, 2017 at 5:10 pm
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Sophie Lecomte
We're in between Indian weddings so it's peaceful overall.
You have a few more days of peace before the next wedding.

Large Outdoor Events On The Certain Dates

Please note that during the certain dates, there are large outdoor events at the resort. During the following times, guests may experience an increased noise level:
  • December 7-12, 2017
  • December 16-18, 2017
  • December 21-22, 2017
  • January 9-11, 2018
  • January 31, 2018
  • February 1-2, 2018
  • February 5-7, 2018
  • February 9-10, 2018
  • February 16-17, 2018
  • February 19-21, 2018
  • March 4-6, 2018
  • March 9-11, 2018
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:15 pm

I have stayed here many times and liked in part becausr of club lounge, rare for a resort. They pared back offerings in recent years (no more free coconuts) but still great deal.

I read on loyaltylobby messages that they are no longer giving plats free club lounge access. Is this true? Anyone will experience?

If so, big loss and with a terrible beach might mean it is time to skip this spot for a while despite great pool. I am actaully trying JW Khao Lak and Phuket soon to see...
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP
I have stayed here many times and liked in part becausr of club lounge, rare for a resort. They pared back offerings in recent years (no more free coconuts) but still great deal.

I read on loyaltylobby messages that they are no longer giving plats free club lounge access. Is this true? Anyone will experience?

If so, big loss and with a terrible beach might mean it is time to skip this spot for a while despite great pool. I am actaully trying JW Khao Lak and Phuket soon to see...
From email correspondence with them a few months ago, yes no more lounge for plats (altho at the time they didn't know who would be getting access). Didn't ask if they would honor for reservations made before the merger in Aug - would also like to know from anyone who has recent stay!
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
No lounge access for plat = tick off the list.

I would rather choose Marriott instead, better location, newer property, much better beach.
fdem and ftrichard like this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:22 am

Yep. No more Sheraton Hua Hin for us. The JWs are adding breakfasts... While Sheraton taking away benefits.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Me too. I had a lovely Christmas here a couple of years ago but it was great primarily because of the Platinum treatment including the lounge access (and in the evening the alternative bar service because the lounge was full).

I was told that Christmas that they had many Platinums staying. I guess because it's the closest resort to Bangkok so easy for a short break. Hopefully they suffer a drop in direct bookings because of this hostile action and they are reduced to rely more and more on the low net rate from package tourists like the appalling Sheraton Samui.

So, Sheraton Hua Hin. You're off the list for a return visit.

Does anyone know if the nearby Sheraton Pranburi Villas has also axed its Platinum happy hour? I believe it's the same management.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.