Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum 2007 Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:56 am

39 stays, 45 nights

requalified in April, then did Hyatt Diamond in the beginning of the summer and now am about to finish Marriott Gold (I'll hit plat with their rolling qualification).

starwood is my choice among the three, but there aren't any starwoods in the daytona area, so its Marriott these days
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM+, SPG Plat
38 stays
60 nights
Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by johnsmith
. . . about to finish Marriott Gold (I'll hit plat with their rolling qualification).
Not to get off-topic, but does Marriott have rolling qualification? I don't think so. Only Hilton, I believe.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
19 stays, 50 nights, just finished up with a two-night and a three-night stay in the last week.

No out-and-out mattress runs this year, but I paid a ridiculous $129+tax per night last weekend to stay at the TPA Sheraton Suites instead of waiting to the last minute and pricelining something for half that price. It turns out that I picked the weekend of the local Pepsi bottler's holiday party, so the hotel was nearly full on Saturday night and rates were inflated. I probably overpaid by about $250 over the course of the year on stays where, if I didn't enjoy the status benefits, I'd have stayed at a comparable property for less money.

Next year is going to be different: 25 stays, 33-35 nights, with more nights going to Hilton and Hyatt. But I'm starting the year with two outright mattress runs, $49+tax at the local Westin.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 6:16 pm

26 stays
55 Nights
Old Dec 15, 2006, 6:34 pm

Programs: aa exp and ck, spg plat, hz pc, dl life gld, marriott life plat, others
29 stays
34 nights

(although had 19 additional nights in 4 additional stays for which no credit was earned)
Old Dec 16, 2006, 5:54 am

First off-congrats to all new Platinums. The difference in service/benefits between Platinum and the lower levels is bigger than in any of my other loyalty programs. I have 20 stays and 44 nights this year and travel is done. Ouch. About to miss Platinum for first time in many years. I live in Boston and the only lower price stay options are hours away. Is it possible to no show a stay, pay the bill and get credit for the stay? It would be worth spending some $$ to carry me over, but I was looking at some $50-70 rates, not the hundreds it will be around me. Any way around this tough spot?? Thanks for your advice.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 7:13 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Eligible Stays/Nights:
Stays: 28
Nights: 47

Award Nights during 2006: Total 22 nights / 6 stays
Cash & Points: 4 nights Cat4
Free weekend promo: 2 nights Cat4
Fifth Night Free: 5 nights Cat4
Regular awards: 11 nights (1 night Cat4, 10 nights Cat1)
(Note: My fifth night free and regular award nights were all booked at the end of 2005 before each hotel's category was increased for 2006. Total savings by booking early: 22,000 points)

Average price paid per night for paid stays: approx $90
Total spending for HSIA at Starwood properties: approx $430
Total nights in the Aladdin Las Vegas during 2006: 38

I took an unusual 4 month hiatus from business travel late this year. I also qualified for Hilton Diamond primarily with HGVC Las Vegas properties, and that drew a good number of nights away from my Aladdin stays.

Failures to provide noteworthy upgrades: 11 nights
Westin Casuarina Las Vegas: 3 of 3 nights (3 stays)
Westin Los Cabos: 6 of 6 nights (1 stay)
Sheraton Gateway ATL: 2 of 2 nights (2 stays)
Old Dec 16, 2006, 7:51 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bosny
First off-congrats to all new Platinums. The difference in service/benefits between Platinum and the lower levels is bigger than in any of my other loyalty programs. I have 20 stays and 44 nights this year and travel is done. Ouch. About to miss Platinum for first time in many years. I live in Boston and the only lower price stay options are hours away. Is it possible to no show a stay, pay the bill and get credit for the stay? It would be worth spending some $$ to carry me over, but I was looking at some $50-70 rates, not the hundreds it will be around me. Any way around this tough spot?? Thanks for your advice.
The Sheraton Ferncroft (Danvers) seems to be available for $79 the next couple of nights. The Sheraton Framingham and Sheraton Colonial (Wakefield) seem to be available for $89 the next couple of nights. You could swap back and foruth between 2 or 3 of them and get platinum for less than $500. All of these hotels are within 30-60 minutes of Boston.

But, you are not going to succeed with no-shows unless you are luckier than everyone else.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Stay 25 last night. Phew! (29 nights)
Will have a total of 26 stays w/30 nights, plus a year-ending stay with a checkout on 1 Jan (counting for '07). This year was a challenge, especially with 3 award stays totaling 8 nights.

Last edited by Eastbay1K; Dec 16, 2006 at 11:42 pm
Old Dec 16, 2006, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat/1M, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, HH Gold
Re-qualified 2 weeks ago. Will have another 2 stays before year-end.

Stays Year to Date: 25
Nights Year to Date: 31

Also, made HHonors Gold this year on the rolling qual schedule.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
25 Stays
33 nights

90 nights from other people I made stay at *Woods becuase I was.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott PLT
Platinum

45 stays
50 nights

Also Hilton diamond...love this forum for all the information you guys share!!
Old Dec 16, 2006, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
I was PLT in '04 and '05 but only GLD this year. I almost didn't make PLT again, but thanks to a 16 night and $8k stint at the Sheraton Belgravia in London, I'm back!

Stays Year to Date: 19
Nights Year to Date: 72

It would have been a shame too if I couldn't qualify for some PLT status... I spent over 150 nights away from home this year. Too bad a big chunk of it was in a corporate apartment (Johannesburg) and a non-chain hotel (Moscow).

1Konsultant
Old Dec 17, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hertz Gold, AGR, Delta Silver
Will be 35 stays and 80 nights by end of year. Should be getting over 100 nights next year and really hoping for a platinum elite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.