Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Do any credit cards include SPG Plat anymore?

Old Dec 3, 06, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: A few

Hello all,

I know that previously up until Jan. '06 the Amex Plat and Centurion cards included SPG Plat., but since that is to be had no more, are there any other credit cards that we are aware of that still include this perk?

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Dec 3, 06, 8:08 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
I believe Amex Plat. used to and still comes with SPG Gold and Amex Centurion used to come with SPG Plat. and now comes with SPG Gold.
Old Dec 3, 06, 8:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EXP American Airlines, Presidents Circle-Hertz, Amex Platinum
they are both SPG gold now. Not a real benefit for paying $2500 annual fee on a card.
Old Dec 3, 06, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Brentm76 View Post
they are both SPG gold now. Not a real benefit for paying $2500 annual fee on a card.
The SPG Amex gives you the equivalent of SPG Gold but without the elite bonus points. Considering that it costs only $30 a year, it seems like a much better deal.
Old Dec 3, 06, 9:23 am

Programs: UGS, AA CK
Originally Posted by Dovster View Post
The SPG Amex gives you the equivalent of SPG Gold but without the elite bonus points. Considering that it costs only $30 a year, it seems like a much better deal.
i think the platinum has several benefits that make it worthwhile. i think the centurion has been very diluted and isn't worth 2500...
Old Dec 3, 06, 10:57 am
Original Poster

My sentiments exactly. Why I'd want to get the Centurion when the Platinum benefits are very similar, other than for "prestige" purposes, doesn't compute for me.

Still, trying to find if any cards out there continue to offer SPG Plat is the problem. From my projections thus far, I'll still be a little short of hitting the stay/night req with my travels next year. And yes, I already have the SPG Amex card, it's nice to earn more points and all.

Cheers,

Adrian

Originally Posted by staren937 View Post
i think the platinum has several benefits that make it worthwhile. i think the centurion has been very diluted and isn't worth 2500...
Old Dec 3, 06, 11:11 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Too many platinums so Starwood decided to restrict platinum to those who stay the required nights. This should make perks more available to those who have earned them. Doubt there will be any easy path to Platinum for awhile.
Old Dec 3, 06, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Centurions vary from country to country. you might search the amex threads to see if any country gives a *wood plat
Old Dec 4, 06, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP,HH Dia,SPG LTPlat,IC RA,Avis CHM
Originally Posted by mshaikun View Post
Too many platinums so Starwood decided to restrict platinum to those who stay the required nights. This should make perks more available to those who have earned them. Doubt there will be any easy path to Platinum for awhile.
^ ^ ^
Old Dec 4, 06, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

someone posted in membership rewards forum that starwood wanted $500 per cardholder and amex said no..
Old Dec 5, 06, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Yes, I recall reading something similar to that a few days ago. Don't you think people would snag that up fairly quickly if that was the case and made publically available? I mean, if Amex offered to pass that on to us, I can see the majority of folks who are would be in similar situations to me doing something like that. I mainly want it for my honeymoon, 5 weeks in Europe and I want those upgrades!

My problem is that I will probably be near 40 nights next year, and most of my stays are on the longer-side, so I won't be close to the 25 limit there.

Cheers,

Adrian

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
someone posted in membership rewards forum that starwood wanted $500 per cardholder and amex said no..
Old Dec 5, 06, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by AdrianVanzulli View Post
My problem is that I will probably be near 40 nights next year, and most of my stays are on the longer-side, so I won't be close to the 25 limit there.
Play around with your reservations. Move out after a day. If there is another Starwood property nearby, go there. Otherwise go anywhere and then back for day three. That way a 3 night stay will get you either 2 or three stay credits.Try to make 40 days equal 25 stays.
Old Dec 5, 06, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Already considered that option, but a Honeymoon is NOT the time to do a mattress run. Ask my fiance.

Cheers,

Adrian

Originally Posted by mshaikun View Post
Play around with your reservations. Move out after a day. If there is another Starwood property nearby, go there. Otherwise go anywhere and then back for day three. That way a 3 night stay will get you either 2 or three stay credits.Try to make 40 days equal 25 stays.
Old Dec 5, 06, 7:54 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
Hate it when the significant other has to tag along and ruin a good mattress run.
Old Dec 5, 06, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by lintemut View Post
Hate it when the significant other has to tag along and ruin a good mattress run.
Really? I had a nice romantic Mileage Run to SIN with my wife coupled with a nice mattress run around SE Asia during the double stays period. Iced her 1K and my Platinum renewals, toasted to good travels in 2007 every night.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: