Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Do any credit cards include SPG Plat anymore?

Do any credit cards include SPG Plat anymore?

Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:41 pm
cxn

The AMEX Centurion Card used to be great. One of the reasons I actually fly AA today is because I got Plat on TWA which they moved over (no flight miles on TWA).

SPG Plat used to be the best benefit but I always make Plat based on stays/nights. Every year, I dont think I will be making plat but I seem to squeeze enough nights/stays out. Last year it was over 100 nights yet this year it was 25 stays which allowed me to get it.

I hope SPG/AMEX work out a deal to bring Plat Status back. But I think SPG saw Centurion becoming too big.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
someone posted in membership rewards forum that starwood wanted $500 per cardholder and amex said no..

Originally Posted by AdrianVanzulli
Yes, I recall reading something similar to that a few days ago. Don't you think people would snag that up fairly quickly if that was the case and made publically available? I mean, if Amex offered to pass that on to us, I can see the majority of folks who are would be in similar situations to me doing something like that.
If AMEX offered to pass this benefit on it would not be 'at their cost' of $500, try $1,499 or more!
Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: A few
If it in fact was $1500, still, if I am going to be staying 30 or even 40 nights next year, the benefits of the best available room upgrade for a per night cost of $40-50 are WELL worth it. That's why I was considering getting the Centurion, for the insane cost, the SPG Plat benefits would've made it more worthwhile to me. Now it's just eh.

Cheers,

Adrian

Originally Posted by nroscoe
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
someone posted in membership rewards forum that starwood wanted $500 per cardholder and amex said no..

If AMEX offered to pass this benefit on it would not be 'at their cost' of $500, try $1,499 or more!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.