Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MBNA SPG Card, Can I apply for 2 accounts?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2006, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
MBNA SPG Card, Can I apply for 2 accounts?

I used the search function and I can't really seem to find my answer.

The Canadian MBNA SPG Card has a max cap at $30,000 for bonuses.
(5000pts per every $10,000 spent)

I maxed that out in 4 months.

Can I apply with MBNA a brand new account and earn a new round of Spending Bonuses and hopefully the signup & 1st stay bonuses as well?

Has anyone actually gone though this?
Old Nov 26, 2006, 1:55 pm

Programs: A Few
My guess would be no...but if you have a spouse he/she could apply for a card and you could get a free supplemental card. SPG allows transfers between family member residing at the same address.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
My guess would be no...but if you have a spouse he/she could apply for a card and you could get a free supplemental card. SPG allows transfers between family member residing at the same address.
Actually, the language in the T&C's don't even state transfers have to occur between family members. The only stipulation is they reside at the same address.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 5:25 pm

We have 2 accounts (one in my name, the other in my wife's) and we each carry supplementary cards on each others accounts. Great way to max the bonuses.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AS MVP, DL, AC, *wood Gold
I have 3 cards right now and received the 5000 point 1st use bonus on all 3 cards but the 1st stay bonus only applied once. I called several times to ask why the last 2 cards never received the stay bonus and was told each time that only one 1st stay is allowed per SPG account no matter how many cards you. They also seem to lower the credit limit on each additional card but you could call to get them to transfer some of your credit limit from one card to another.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by hudson
I have 3 cards right now and received the 5000 point 1st use bonus on all 3 cards but the 1st stay bonus only applied once. I called several times to ask why the last 2 cards never received the stay bonus and was told each time that only one 1st stay is allowed per SPG account no matter how many cards you. They also seem to lower the credit limit on each additional card but you could call to get them to transfer some of your credit limit from one card to another.
sweet, so it can be done! cheers!
Old Nov 26, 2006, 7:46 pm

Programs: A few
That's good to know! I'll be doing that with my fiance as well, as she already has the supplemental on my account. Thanks guys!

Adrian

Originally Posted by schnitzer
sweet, so it can be done! cheers!
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:04 pm

I am sorry I'm newbie here. What does the supplemental card do with bonus? Is this same case with US AMEX cards?
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by threeuncle
I am sorry I'm newbie here. What does the supplemental card do with bonus? Is this same case with US AMEX cards?
By having someone else (spouse, family, whomever) apply for a SPG MC with a supplemental card in your name, you can stay in a Starwood hotel to get that 1st stay bonus. That's assuming the other person won't do it himself/herself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.