Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Best rate guarantee - successes and failures 2008 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best rate guarantee - successes and failures 2008 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
BRG success in Honolulu, Hawaii!

Same as above except for different dates but I'm reposting, as this time, the SPG website showed NO AVAILABILITY.

Hotel Name: Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
Arrival Date: 02-13-2011
Departure Date: 02-14-2011
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: Single
Starwood Brand Web Site Room Rate: Not Available
Company room provider: Other Web Site
Other Company room provider: www.booking.com
Competing rate: $99

Actual confirmed rate: $99 plus taxes and resort fee
Old Jan 15, 2011, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BRG success in Honolulu, Hawaii!

OK, got a little concerned with all the bad reviews with Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, so decided to look for alternatives!

Hotel Name: Sheraton Waikiki
Arrival Date: 02-13-2011
Departure Date: 02-14-2011
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: Single
Starwood Brand Web Site Room Rate: $235
Company room provider: Other Web Site
Other Company room provider: www.otel.com
Competing rate: $177

Actual confirmed rate: $183.40 plus taxes and resort fee
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
If BRG is approved, will 2000 starpoints be awarded immediately or after the stay?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After the stay. Usually posts with the regular hotel points.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA gold
This is my latest BRG success, I've done about 8-10 over the last 2 years and have yet to be turned down

Hotel Name: Sherraton pattaya
Room Type : deluxe garden pavillion
Starwood Brand Web Site Room Rate : 9768 tbh (inc tax)
Other Company room provider :expedia.co.uk
Competing rate : £106

Actual confirmed rate: 3,914.95 THB plus tax (4,349.94 THB less 10%)
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by jimcleaver
This is my latest BRG success, I've done about 8-10 over the last 2 years and have yet to be turned down

Hotel Name: Sherraton pattaya
Room Type : deluxe garden pavillion
Starwood Brand Web Site Room Rate : 9768 tbh (inc tax)
Other Company room provider :expedia.co.uk
Competing rate : £106

Actual confirmed rate: 3,914.95 THB plus tax (4,349.94 THB less 10%)
Sorry to read that you have to visit sleaze city
Old Jan 18, 2011, 4:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
My first Best Rate Guarantee claim for 2011 and it FAILED

Originally Posted by SPG Associate

Dear Mr. Alanslegal,

The Best Rate Guarantee Program does not apply to unpublished rates such as package rates, private rates, corporate rates, club membership rates, or any rate targeted to a specific group and not available to the general public.

The competing rate you submitted requires that you have a credit card issued in the United States or Canada and is therefore ineligible under the terms and conditions of the Best Rate Guarantee Program. As this rate is not eligible for the Best Rate Guarantee, I am unable to approve your claim.
For those wondering, the competing site is www.onetravel.com ; hotel in question is Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit; and their rate is more than 50% below SPG's rate .... grrrrrrr
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I just tried the same one and got the same reply! Though mine doesn't mention a CC, it says it's only available to residents of the US/Canada.... Huh? Since when is a website only available to those in certain countries? I couldn't find any exclusions like that on the onetravel website.....

Dear Mr. Kyushuman,

The Best Rate Guarantee Program does not apply to unpublished rates such as package rates, private rates, corporate rates, club membership rates, or any rate targeted to a specific group and not available to the general public.

The competing rate you submitted is only available to residents of the United States and Canada and is therefore ineligible under the terms and conditions of the Best Rate Guarantee Program. As this rate is not eligible for the Best Rate Guarantee, I am unable to approve your claim.
Originally Posted by alanslegal

For those wondering, the competing site is www.onetravel.com ; hotel in question is Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit; and their rate is more than 50% below SPG's rate .... grrrrrrr
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Sorry to read that you have to visit sleaze city
I'm not
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I just tried the same one and got the same reply! Though mine doesn't mention a CC, it says it's only available to residents of the US/Canada.... Huh? Since when is a website only available to those in certain countries? I couldn't find any exclusions like that on the onetravel website.....
The competing rate you submitted is only available to residents of the United States and Canada and is therefore ineligible under the terms and conditions of the Best Rate Guarantee Program. As this rate is not eligible for the Best Rate Guarantee, I am unable to approve your claim.
This sounded familiar. Much like this earlier post.

You don't have to be a resident of US/Canada to use OneTravel.com, but "All credit cards must have verifiable US or Canadian billing address." (from their T&Cs)
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Usually posts with the regular hotel points.
In my experience, it usually posts after sending an email...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alanslegal

I had a similar denial last year with cheapoair.com which as it turns out is related to onetravel.com
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by yule_boy
I had a similar denial last year with cheapoair.com which as it turns out is related to onetravel.com

Last edited by nonesuch flyer; Jan 19, 2011 at 10:33 pm Reason: Answered my own question by rereading earlier posts
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:43 am

BRG Claim form not always being received?

Just tried doing some BRG's last night - only got one email confirmation that it was received - out of 4??

Never happened before - should I just resubmit again? Of course now I'm not sure which one actually got emailed/received...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by onebagtraveller
Just tried doing some BRG's last night - only got one email confirmation that it was received - out of 4??

Never happened before - should I just resubmit again? Of course now I'm not sure which one actually got emailed/received...
I had this happen before but the BRG was received. If time is not an isue give it 48 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.