Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG Instant Awards
Print Wikipost

Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Just did something like my 10th stay there last week. Managed to negotiate an Imperial Suite at check-in.Second time for me. They may be ageing, but the views are out of this world. What they call "junor suite" should rather be called a deluxe room or premium room for me. The location cannot indeed be beaten. But F&B has gone done over the years, specially if you have a European palate. Top place for the views...but that the only point for me....I prefer the Westin when it comes to service, big time!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:04 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Just a heads up that the Lobby is undergoing a 4 month renovation so main entrance is now closed and the entrance is thru the side and an already strange elevator system to the lobby on the 11th floor is even more confusing!

The shopping area in the same building has been under renovation for months.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by chipmaster
Just a heads up that the Lobby is undergoing a 4 month renovation so main entrance is now closed and the entrance is thru the side and an already strange elevator system to the lobby on the 11th floor is even more confusing!

The shopping area in the same building has been under renovation for months.
I'm going there next Tue... If my secretary didn't book it last year (as SPG Pro so she still has points from this booking) I'll definitely ask her to move my booking away...
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by sscywong
I'm going there next Tue... If my secretary didn't book it last year (as SPG Pro so she still has points from this booking) I'll definitely ask her to move my booking away...
Take a look, not a huge deal but the main lobby is gone and you have to go thru the side, also lose the two banks of elevators and instead have to use either the side elevators or the pair that go up to HU 65xx.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:53 am

Currently in house. The Club Lounge offering is pretty good. Remember to not miss the alcove on the back. Tonight's offering was laksa and I only noticed it after I had my dessert.

Rooms are starting to look dated.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:57 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Currently in house. The Club Lounge offering is pretty good. Remember to not miss the alcove on the back. Tonight's offering was laksa and I only noticed it after I had my dessert.

Rooms are starting to look dated.
I stayed in August 2017 and spoke to the general manager by e-mail before I arrived. He said Hu on 65 was the only space back then that was renovated to LM's current brand aesthetic and that 2018 would entail more detailed renovations to the property, including in the public spaces and rooms. The place was holding up well when I was there which is great considering the hotel's been open since October 2006 with no renovations since but yes, its design definitely needed a kick in a new direction... especially when you consider other fabulous design-driven options in the city.

Excited to see what the new lobby/Hub looks like and especially the rooms. If they're anything like those at Le Méridien Shanghai, Minhang, they'll be an absolute treat.

khabah
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by khabah
I stayed in August 2017 and spoke to the general manager by e-mail before I arrived. He said Hu on 65 was the only space back then that was renovated to LM's current brand aesthetic and that 2018 would entail more detailed renovations to the property, including in the public spaces and rooms. The place was holding up well when I was there which is great considering the hotel's been open since October 2006 with no renovations since but yes, its design definitely needed a kick in a new direction... especially when you consider other fabulous design-driven options in the city.

Excited to see what the new lobby/Hub looks like and especially the rooms. If they're anything like those at Le Méridien Shanghai, Minhang, they'll be an absolute treat.

khabah
Hope prices don't go up with the new look
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Can anyone comment on the impact the renovations are having on this hotel? I will be in PVG next month. I am a big fan of Asian hotel buffet breakfasts. I'm guessing this will not be an option.

Renovation and Restaurant Information: May 1 - Dec 31, 2018

Beginning May 1, 2018, our restaurants will be temporarily closed. During this time, breakfast, lunch and dinner options are being offered in temporary locations in the hotel. Additionally, HU Bar and Lounge will remain open and operating hours will be extended. Guests may experience noise disruptions in public areas during the day. Please contact the hotel for further information.

Hotel Upgrades Beginning January 8, 2018

Beginning January 8, 2018, the hotel will be undergoing upgrades. During this time, Allure French restaurant will be closed. Ai Mei Chinese restaurant and Favola Italian restaurant will be temporarily relocated. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Can anyone comment on the impact the renovations are having on this hotel? I will be in PVG next month. I am a big fan of Asian hotel buffet breakfasts. I'm guessing this will not be an option.
I wasn't aware the hotel is undergoing renovations. There was no indication of this when I was there November.

The notice you quoted indicated breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served at some other location. It sounds like they will have temporary restaurant set up somewhere. If so, then the breakfast should still be decent, although the breakfast layout covers a lot of real estate. Plat always had the option of having breakfast in the restaurant, so I expect in the temporary restaurant.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl

The main entrance is closed and you enter from the side, as a result a large block of elevators to the lobby are closed. The side entrance has four elevators and then the two "secret" ones that used to take you to HU65/66 are around the corner from the relocated coffee/snack bar. This can still be used to all floors, but I don't think they encourage that and thus you see no signs or other mention for those two elevators.

The main lounge on 44th floor is business as usual for now, no change at all. Breakfast and dinner buffet offering on the Lobby floor hasn't change one bit, nor layout or offerings from what I can tell, I should know, my second home, LOL. What has changed is the shopping mall adjacent is closed and some of the other restaurants are relocated or closed, none impacts the complimentary side of things either in the downstairs or lounge, yet... They will in the late fall start renovation of rooms and I am sure eventually the lounge and lobby area to bring it up to snuff.

Originally Posted by CIT85
I wasn't aware the hotel is undergoing renovations. There was no indication of this when I was there November.

The notice you quoted indicated breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served at some other location. It sounds like they will have temporary restaurant set up somewhere. If so, then the breakfast should still be decent, although the breakfast layout covers a lot of real estate. Plat always had the option of having breakfast in the restaurant, so I expect in the temporary restaurant.
As noted, it didn't start till January, totally different now.

Enjoy Shanghai
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chipmaster
The main entrance is closed and you enter from the side, as a result a large block of elevators to the lobby are closed. The side entrance has four elevators and then the two "secret" ones that used to take you to HU65/66 are around the corner from the relocated coffee/snack bar. This can still be used to all floors, but I don't think they encourage that and thus you see no signs or other mention for those two elevators.

The main lounge on 44th floor is business as usual for now, no change at all. Breakfast and dinner buffet offering on the Lobby floor hasn't change one bit, nor layout or offerings from what I can tell, I should know, my second home, LOL. What has changed is the shopping mall adjacent is closed and some of the other restaurants are relocated or closed, none impacts the complimentary side of things either in the downstairs or lounge, yet... They will in the late fall start renovation of rooms and I am sure eventually the lounge and lobby area to bring it up to snuff

As noted, it didn't start till January, totally different now.

Enjoy Shanghai
...and maybe choose a different 🏨
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:43 pm

An update, just this weekend they moved the lobby restaurant to the ballroom/lobby area of floor 9, half of the lobby is now closed off.

Today was second day, lots of people/service running around, in some ways better, but a bit chaotic with the cheese moved for us longtime Le Meridien folks. This could make the lounge the preferred place till it settles down.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Just finished a stay here ( 1st time in Shanghai ). Love the location for exploring Shanghai and getting here was easy had to take the Maglev once in my life and easy transfer to the 2 line. Still construction going on so had to walk around the corner to get to the entrance on the side. Was upgraded to Junior Suite ( the one with the swivel TV ) with a city view ( no bund view ). I was really impressed with the lounge offerings. I have attached a link to my YouTube for a video representation of the lounge offerings.
They had some different foods there nightly and different a la carte food options nightly.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: United 1K
Renovations can result in 5 to 7 minute queues for ground floor - sky lobby elevators.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Resonant Programmer
Renovations can result in 5 to 7 minute queues for ground floor - sky lobby elevators.
The renovations are really annoying. I won't even go to restaurants there until they are completed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.