Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Venice [Master Thread]

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Venice [Master Thread]

Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Negma
Anyone ever get upgraded at the Lido resort?
Yes I did! I am a Gold Member and they upgraded me to a large room with ocean view - fantastic! What I did was to send an e-mail to them requesting for a free upgrade and they nicely replied with a "yes" answer.

It was a lovely stay. The breakfast was included with my rate, and the buffet was gorgeos!
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:56 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Danieli!!

We stayed there as an SPG Gold. I e-mailed/faxed the hotel prior to arrival to let them know we would be travelling on our honeymoon, and they upgraded us to a truly awesome suite. The balcony opened right up onto the small market at the San Zaccaria vaporetto stop.

Coincidentally, a large number of gondoliers embark from here, so plenty of singing can be heard. In the morning, the chatter of the market was a great addition as well.

As other suggest on this board frequently, you will increase your chance of upgrade significantly if you contact the hotel ahead of time to advise them of a special occasion.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 7:07 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
I’m booked for one night at the E&R and one at des Bains Lido in May. Any chances of a Preferred Plus status member getting an upgrade?
Old May 7, 2007, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by quinella66
We took advantage of the 3k for breakfast for 2 as well. Breakfast on the Grand Canal was nice. The food was very good but it would probably cost half that in a place without such a view.

The E&R is probably a little farther from a breakfast place, but not like you can't walk for 10 minutes and find something.

We really enjoyed the E&R, it is a really nice hotel and the location is great. Despite being so close to St. Marks, you have to go down a small alleyway to a small quiet square where the hotel entrance is. We stayed on points when it was a cat 4 for 10k/night.
quinella66: If I might ask, did you have to make an advance request to use Starpoints for the 3k breakfast for 2 or can that done after arrival? Sounds like a really great deal. Thanks
Old May 7, 2007, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by XFed2001
quinella66: If I might ask, did you have to make an advance request to use Starpoints for the 3k breakfast for 2 or can that done after arrival? Sounds like a really great deal. Thanks
The breakfast option ( along with a few other choices such as a key-ring etc) is usually presented to you on a card which is part of your welcome package.

Considering the breakfast at this property is 55 euros per person the 3000 points is a bargain. You could have the Continental breakfast at 28 euros which consists of coffee, one muffin or pastry and two slices of toast.. not even refills.

Eating anywhere close the St Marks in Venice is an expensive propostion.
Watch out if the piano-player is working if you have a expresso at the restaurant near the base of the tower or you will get a 5 euro additional charge per person just for the piano music.
Two expressos and two piano player charge = 19 euros.,I kid you not

mike
Old May 8, 2007, 8:25 am

One Rum & Coke in the Danieli bar is 23 euros ... or it was in 2005 May! I remember the price more than I do the beautiful bar.
Old May 10, 2007, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
The breakfast option ( along with a few other choices such as a key-ring etc) is usually presented to you on a card which is part of your welcome package.

Considering the breakfast at this property is 55 euros per person the 3000 points is a bargain. You could have the Continental breakfast at 28 euros which consists of coffee, one muffin or pastry and two slices of toast.. not even refills.

Eating anywhere close the St Marks in Venice is an expensive propostion.
Watch out if the piano-player is working if you have a expresso at the restaurant near the base of the tower or you will get a 5 euro additional charge per person just for the piano music.
Two expressos and two piano player charge = 19 euros.,I kid you not

mike
Mike: Thanks for the information. Also, we will be on the alert for these exorbitant prices. I guess it is Venice and it is Italy. Let the tourist beware!
Old May 19, 2007, 6:13 pm

Programs: Former Delta MM/PM, NW PM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5Star, Leaders Club, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by MIKESILV

Does the Danielli offer this same option? We have reservations there for our anniversary in September.
Old May 20, 2007, 6:10 pm

Location: Chicago; SPG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, UA: Prem.Ex.; AA: Gold
The Danieli does offer the pay by points options and they will provide this to you when you arrive. We just spent two nights there earlier in May and out of the three SPG hotels we visited in Italy (Westin in Rome and Grand in Florence), this one is the only place to disappoint.
We were upgraded to a room facing the Lagoon/Canal. Unfortunately the room itself was a smoking room recently converted to non-smoking and the bed was awful to the point of backpain in the am. This place is in dire need a renovation.
One other note, we were told to not take photos of the lobby which is probably the most redeeming quality in this place.
In retrospect, I should have booked the Europa (both Gritti and Danieli are ripped on these boards and TripAdvisor) as at least with Westin you stand a decent chance of consistency versus a Luxury Collection rip-off.
Old May 21, 2007, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For breakfast options:

at the danieli, turn right out the front door. turn right at the first street, c.d. Rasse. walk one block. green bar on left, brown bar on right. prices double if you sit at a table.

from R&E out to the main thorofare. go left(away from san marco) about 2 blocks on c. larga on the left, before the canal, small bar. no seats. or, left on c. larga, then i think first right to la fenice. it the square with the theatre is a very nice restaurant/bar that serves a very nice breakfast.

breakfast in italy, paris, london is expensive. sort of 10 euro min. no $2.99 specials of hash browns, two eggs and unlimited coffee.
Old May 21, 2007, 3:51 pm

Platinum Starwood stayed at Danielli two years back.

Least favorite of the three *woods we stayed at in Italy. Room was dated with no upgrade. Location is good as a tourist. All lobby no room.

Really liked the Grand Hotel in Florence - - ultra nice but not gaudy. Pleasant staff

Grand Hotel in Rome was opulent, just not my taste. At some point, there is enough gilded look and gold everywhere with chandeliers. But first rate and a strong staff.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I had a wonderful award stay at the Gritti. Room with a small balcony overlooking Canal Grande and a wonderful dinner at the Doge's Club. Certainly a pretty expensice place, but well spend money.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 3:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Venice Suite or 2 rooms?

My wife and I will be traveling with our 16 yo daughter next summer in Venice pre-cruise for 2 nights. We are considering the E&R or the Danieli. Since I am only gold, I would consider spending the extra points on a suite upgrade. Since there are 3 of us, I would consider just getting 2 rooms as this would be the same amount of points anyway. Do any of the suites (rooms) in either location accomodate 3? Is asking for a rollaway in a suite out of the question, or would we just be better off with 2 rooms? Anyone?

Thanks!

Jim
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:09 pm

I was in 205 on the 'new' building (350 years old) in the Daniele and it had a separate living area that had a sofa that I THINK pulled out (we didn't check) but it looked like it. The room faced the Grand Canal and was very nice.

It was 14,000 points per night in 2005 ... a lot lot more now I think.

Loved the hotel and the location ... drink wine though, as rum & coke was 23 euros in the bar! The several course fish dinner was superb.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 5:32 pm

Programs: Former Delta MM/PM, NW PM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5Star, Leaders Club, Starwood Gold
Question Excutive Level at the Danieli?

Can anyone tell me if there is an executive level at the Hotel Danieli? Are there any special "perks" that I can look forward to with Mrs. MusicMan when we are there for our anniversary this Sept.?

I have reserved the upgraded room award (20,000) for three nights. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what specific rooms to request? Any favorites? Any rooms to avoid? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.