Sheraton: Survey re: new features

Old Aug 29, 06, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Sheraton: Survey re: new features

I was invited to fill out a survey after my stay at the Sheraton Centre in Toronto (oddly, it was on a PL reservation). I found Question #45 interesting:

Sheraton is thinking about new products and services to offer its guests to make their stay more enjoyable. Which of the following would you consider to be your top 5 choices?
Free high speed internet access in the guest room
Alarm clock with radio/CD/ w/MP3 connection
Alarm clock with Satellite Radio
Free unlimited toll free calling
Free unlimited local calling
Free unlimited Long Distance within the United States
Free secure printing from your laptop or wireless device to the front desk for pick-up
Cordless Telephones in the guest room
In-room workout equipment (free weights, yoga mats)
Free in-room 16 oz. bottled water per day
Luggage storage between stays
Electronic strip on the desk in your room including HSIA access and outlets for multiple electronic devices
*bolded answers were my selection
Free internet would be my #1 choice. The next couple questions involved my 5 bottom choices, and then how important each choice was.

Anyone else participated in a survey like this?
Old Aug 29, 06, 6:38 am

Programs: SPG, AC, UA, HH, and the other usual suspects
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
I was invited to fill out a survey after my stay at the Sheraton Centre in Toronto (oddly, it was on a PL reservation). I found Question #45 interesting:

Free internet would be my #1 choice. The next couple questions involved my 5 bottom choices, and then how important each choice was.

Anyone else participated in a survey like this?
Yes, I've received it twice. The last time was a couple of weeks ago after a stay at the Sheraton Centre Toronto. The first was a couple of months ago - I don't remember which Sheraton stay it was associated with.
Old Aug 29, 06, 7:10 am

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
All standard at Hilton Garden Inns - a little competitive pressure, one would assume. Haven't seen this at any of my recent Starwood stays.
Old Aug 29, 06, 8:28 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, Priority Club Plat, Marriott, SPG, Htz Gold
The concept of a survey polling people to attempt to improve service is great. But I am tired of this survey. I find that their asking the same question in various ways to be tedious. I filled it out once and do not want to see it again - nor those little reminders reminding me that I haven't filled out their survey.
Old Aug 29, 06, 9:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold
I got that survey from the Sheraton Premier in Tysons Corner. I agree with the free high speed. I liked the idea of an alarm clock with satellite radio. I lug my portable one down each week and hope I get the side of the hotel with good reception. Since I use my cell phone for my calls I do not value free phone service.
Old Aug 29, 06, 1:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hyatt Diamond
Here's the way I consistently cast my vote:

In-room workout equipment (free weights, yoga mats)!!! ^

I think the courtesy Internet would be far more universally appreciated and used by frequent business travelers, but when I'm working in my room there's nothing like being able to pop up from behind the laptop and burn some nervous energy on a treadmill or with free weights or a decent abs cruncher! I find that when I'm able to take frequent "nervous energy breaks" I'm much more productive, feel great and sleep like a rock. The Westin "in-room gym" is amazing, and I always opt for similar options at other hotels. (Ritz and Four Seasons are offering them more consistently outside the USA). I'm surprised that all chains don't make it available system-wide. The joke is that if they offered workout equipment in-room, most guests would grab the offer and be content to pay for it, or readily accept the workout equipment as a perk and happily pay for Internet anyway! (At least I would). The in-house health clubs are great, but when you're working late into the night it's wonderful to be able to take a 15-30 minute exercise break in your room every couple of hours!
Old Aug 29, 06, 2:23 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I agree with the work out stuff. It would pressure me to work out. These days frree internet doesnt add much value as more and more business travellers have highspeed wireless internet cards.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: