Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Print Wikipost

The Westin Verasa Napa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; UA 1K
I'm seeing a bunch of Sundays coming up free for points/c&p/fwn redemption.. did something happen?
Old Sep 11, 2009, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Another failure to be able to book an award stay in Napa at the Westin - Monday, Oct 12. Once again, only "traditional rooms" available for award stays and there are very few of these in the hotel.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Do you have to pay the $20 reward fee with points and/or C&P reservations? If so, has it been reduced for Plats since we get free Internet anyway?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
My experience is that everyone pays the resort fees - and the internet is extremely s l o w.
Old May 14, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, VS Red, BA Blue
Can anyone tell me if there is a self parking option as well as valet?
Old May 14, 2010, 10:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
I don't think you can self park - but you wouldn't be saving any $$ if that is your motivation because everyone pays the resort fee which "includes" parking. There is a lot of street parking but why use it?
Curious as to why the question?

FYI, I just booked another stay there over labor day for two rooms using points - so far I am two for two and have had no problem getting rooms here.
Old May 14, 2010, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by FrAAmer
I don't think you can self park - but you wouldn't be saving any $$ if that is your motivation because everyone pays the resort fee which "includes" parking. There is a lot of street parking but why use it?
Curious as to why the question?

FYI, I just booked another stay there over labor day for two rooms using points - so far I am two for two and have ahd no problem getting rooms here.
Thanks, the money is not the issue. We're bringing our exotic car for an event and we need access to it to get it ready. Usually with valet parking, they take it away to goodness knows where and they don't let you get to it.
Old May 14, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tagv12
Thanks, the money is not the issue. We're bringing our exotic car for an event and we need access to it to get it ready. Usually with valet parking, they take it away to goodness knows where and they don't let you get to it.
It's just a garage under the hotel that they valet you to. It's like fifteen seconds from the front door walking. You could just walk in there if you wanted.

I was at this property a couple weeks ago and the two gentlemen doing the valet'ing were really nice guys and went out of their way to please. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Your only other option is the street parking across the street from the hotel which sounds sub-optimal for an "exotic" vehicle.
Old May 14, 2010, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by bdesmond
It's just a garage under the hotel that they valet you to. It's like fifteen seconds from the front door walking. You could just walk in there if you wanted.

I was at this property a couple weeks ago and the two gentlemen doing the valet'ing were really nice guys and went out of their way to please. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Your only other option is the street parking across the street from the hotel which sounds sub-optimal for an "exotic" vehicle.
Thanks Brian!
Old May 20, 2010, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by JerryFF
Another failure to be able to book an award stay in Napa at the Westin - Monday, Oct 12. Once again, only "traditional rooms" available for award stays and there are very few of these in the hotel.
My luck must be changing. I just was able to book two different stays on points. This past weekend was given a "traditional" room with a river view - very pleasant.

I've mentioned this before, but one of the best aspects of this hotel is the casual "Bank Cafe" just off the lobby. The food is prepared by the kitchen of La Toque, the high end restaurant that is part of the hotel, at half the cost, and is excellent. We had a 3 course prix fixe dinner that was one of the better meals we've had anywhere in the Napa/Sonoma area for $29 per person.
Old May 21, 2010, 6:54 pm

Taxes on Reward Stays

I was able to book a stay on points (12000) for the upcoming weekend....a one-night stay on a Saturday night (May 22) booked one day ahead.

The confirmation speaks both to the resort fee ($20) and taxes that are payable:

Taxes
State Occupancy 12.0 Percent Per Room Per Night Not In The Rate

Isn't that a bit unusual for reward nights?
Old May 21, 2010, 7:01 pm

The resort fee was charged but there were no taxes on my recent stay. BTW, the resort fee includes valet parking and high speed internet service.
Old May 21, 2010, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the resort fee includes valet parking and high speed internet service.
Wow, fantastic.

Does that mean that there's a separate fee for the use of hot water? How about TV service?

Old May 21, 2010, 7:20 pm

The resort fee was charged but there were no taxes on my recent stay. BTW, the resort fee includes valet parking and high speed internet service.
Ah, it may just involve a "sloppy" notice....including the tax reference as boiletplate with a reservation confirmation.

Interestingly, there is also a cancellation penalty of about $200!
Old May 21, 2010, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
Interestingly, there is also a cancellation penalty of about $200!
That's not uncommon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.