Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

Old Oct 10, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
I applied for and recieved and used our additional cards. The extra points have not showed up on our account. I called customer service(AMX) today and the guy and to write up an inquiry. I was told that I would recieve a letter in 7-10 days with a reply! Is there another phone # I should be calling?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by shar161
I applied for and recieved and used our additional cards. The extra points have not showed up on our account. I called customer service(AMX) today and the guy and to write up an inquiry. I was told that I would recieve a letter in 7-10 days with a reply! Is there another phone # I should be calling?
Mine posted with some kind of note saying before sept. 30th. 2006. I think the 2,500 for the extra card was only good till then. Starting Oct. they started the 10k for the first purchase promotion.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by shar161
Mr. honu applied back in August, received the card, charged some stuff, and nothing showed up. He called AMEX a couple of days ago, and had to escalate to a supervisor who first wanted a promo code (no such thing visible on the email) and then kept saying that he shouldn't have received the email because it was only for new members...

Finally, after Mr. honu offered to forward the original mid-August email, the supervisor reluctantly agreed to post the 2500 points a few days after the next statement closes... will wait and see. Hopefully, we won't have to contact them again.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 4:55 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by honu
Mr. honu applied back in August, received the card, charged some stuff, and nothing showed up. He called AMEX a couple of days ago, and had to escalate to a supervisor who first wanted a promo code (no such thing visible on the email) and then kept saying that he shouldn't have received the email because it was only for new members...

Finally, after Mr. honu offered to forward the original mid-August email, the supervisor reluctantly agreed to post the 2500 points a few days after the next statement closes... will wait and see. Hopefully, we won't have to contact them again.
I had the same issue. Although they agreed to post the miles without requiring me to fax in the email.

My miles still have not posted. Been about a week and a half I think.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by cactuspete
Called AMEX. They have never heard of this promo, but will open up an investigation and get back to me via mail in 10 days.
Letter received, requesting that I forward a copy of the solicitation via snail mail. Tel rep refused to provide a fax no. or an e-mail address. Exceedingly irritating.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by cactuspete
Letter received, requesting that I forward a copy of the solicitation via snail mail. Tel rep refused to provide a fax no. or an e-mail address. Exceedingly irritating.
i had an issue with an offer not being on my account (think it was the 6k first purchase one) and they gave me a fax number to send in the info.

i'd call back and try another CSR.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by GoCanes
I had the same issue. Although they agreed to post the miles without requiring me to fax in the email.

My miles still have not posted. Been about a week and a half I think.
The Amex supervisor who promised the 2500 points to Mr. honu said that they would post 4-5 days after the regular statement points. Is that what they told you?
Old Oct 16, 2006, 3:19 pm

It is sad that this is such a hit or miss situation.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 5:41 pm

Programs: Delta SkyTeam, Marriott Bonvoy
Its been interesting reading this thread. I followed the link that was provided in a previous message, and applied for an additional card for my partner, (last week) - it arrived on Saturday. Today, I checked my SPG account, and 2500 points had been added.

I wasn't targeted for this promotion.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by CO_IAH
Its been interesting reading this thread. I followed the link that was provided in a previous message, and applied for an additional card for my partner, (last week) - it arrived on Saturday. Today, I checked my SPG account, and 2500 points had been added.

I wasn't targeted for this promotion.
when did you apply for the additional card?
Old Oct 16, 2006, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta SkyTeam, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by sfducati
when did you apply for the additional card?
last week
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by CO_IAH
last week
ahh, thats after the "deadline". maybe i'll try my luck too...
Old Oct 18, 2006, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post #89) (7 Oct 06)
The link has room for more than one additional card holder.

I wonder if I'd get points for co-signing for both my wife and for her sister (who lives with us)?
I just got the 2,500 points yesterday for signing up my wife. Ten days isn't bad; we've not even received her card in the mail yet.

I'm not one to be too greedy or take undue advantage of promos. In the terms and conditions for a similar promotion with the Hilton AmEx, which were posted in the HH forum in their entirety, the points were only offered for the first additional sign-up.

So my self-restraint paid off, and I still have her in reserve for any "new" similar promotion.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA Exp
For those of you who signed up recently and received your points, how did you sign up? Did you use the web page or call?
It won't let me use the web page giving an error that my info is not correct.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by PantyWaster
For those of you who signed up recently and received your points, how did you sign up? Did you use the web page or call?
It won't let me use the web page giving an error that my info is not correct.
My experience should answer just about all of the questions that people have.
- I signed up for an additional card on Oct. 16th (well after the supposed 9/30/06 "cutoff").
- I used the link in Post #51 of this thread. BTW, thanks to the poster of that link. ^
- FWIW, I already have an additional cardholder on the account that I added about a year ago.
- I signed up my dog for the additional card this time with a fake SSN. He received a new card in the mail today (7 days after signup), therefore I have to assume that they don't check SSNs and run a credit inquiry on these additional cardholders.
- 2500 extra points randomly showed up on my account early this morning (before I even received the card in the mail). The weird thing is that there was no entry on my SPG account for these extra 2500 points, rather my SPG pt balance just went up by 2500 pts. I was searching around my SPG account activity pages to find out where the pts came from this morning, but I couldn't figure it out. Then the card came in the mail this afternoon and I realized that's where the points came from. I assume in the next few days a proper SPG entry will show up with the points, as has been the case with others.

So that should answer just about all the questions. Time to go sign Fido up for an additional HH Amex now for those free 5K HH pts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.