Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by iwpingmu
I also believe there was no 1.5x pts bonus in 2006, only happened for 3 months during 2005
It was targetted just as it was in past years.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...&highlight=1.5
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by cactuspete
SPG AMEX holder for 6 years, and I rec'd the offer. Still haven't rec'd the 2500 SPG points though.
Card holder for a couple of years, got the offer, card, and points. Points posted a few days after statement closed - which I've noticed seems to happen (when I look back at SPG card bonuses)
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:57 am

Thank you FTers. I had totally missed bonus points reference -- however -- called AMEX CS and was told that as I already have an additional card (added two years ago), I will not be eligible for bonus.

Anyone else had similar problem?

Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2006, 7:29 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Flyer Jon
Thank you FTers. I had totally missed bonus points reference -- however -- called AMEX CS and was told that as I already have an additional card (added two years ago), I will not be eligible for bonus.

Anyone else had similar problem?

Thanks
No not yet thankfully.
If the mailing we received stated that past cardholders
who have added extra card holders are excluded then I agree with American Express. However as I read the offering that was sent to me by Amex it was for the first additional card holder added from the offer.

If that were the case with my new added card I would challenge it without question and take it up the chain of command.
I would say the agent you spoke to was incorrect
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Unhappy

Originally Posted by cactuspete
SPG AMEX holder for 6 years, and I rec'd the offer. Still haven't rec'd the 2500 SPG points though.
Called AMEX. They have never heard of this promo, but will open up an investigation and get back to me via mail in 10 days.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:03 pm

AE said 12 days ago: we never heard of it. Asked for supervisor, who said I will contact promo/marketing department and get back with you within 48 hours. Never heard from them again.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Check out my link in post #51. We applied Sept 15. Got card on Sept 22, activated it Sept 23. Got 2500 points added to SPG on Sept 26, but did not even use the card until Sept 28!
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:09 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
I used the link kevinsac posted in post #51 and although I have not received the card I got the following posted to my account.
SPG AMEX CC SPEND OR BONUS PTS Sep 26, 2006 2500
I guess I should call amex and find out where the card is.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
FWIW, last month got a new card and after receiving it called the 800 number to get the account opened over the phone, as is the standard practice for CC's. The CSR offered me the 2500 points for an additional card, so I signed up my wife. She hasn't yet called in to open the account--she's not as enamored with points as I am, except when we use them for vacations!--so I can't say for sure whether it all works out for the 2500 points.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:39 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Was in, called and confirmed, added a card, but never received points. On the phone with SPG AMEX now, will follow-up.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by GoCanes
Was in, called and confirmed, added a card, but never received points. On the phone with SPG AMEX now, will follow-up.
Called AMEX... they wanted a promotion code... only code on the email was actually not for this promo but for the first time sign up promo... guess someone forgot to fix the terms... anyway, after some back and forth they said the points will post tomorrow...
Old Oct 3, 2006, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by dgordon
(except that I use my premier pass card when making plane reservations and for food and gas).
Curious why you would use a premier pass card for airline reservations. Saw you are AA liftime plat. would think you'd be in it to accumulate AA miles. Do you just have too many AA miles? or does permier pass somehow get you those as well?

btw... i called AMEX for a different issue (combining an old account) and they actually offered me the 2500 pts. for a 2nd card. I didn't even know about it when i called.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Cartman13 -- altho your question is directed to someone else, I'll give you my perspective on multiple cards.

I have a United MP Visa card and a *W AMEX card. Because I have so many many miles in MP (and my S.O. more than me, combined almost 2 million miles), I use my AMEX card almost exclusively. However, for those purchases where I'd get double miles with Visa (any purchases at United), I use that card.

Also, since I am such a whore for collecting points, I have almost everything on a recurrent credit card charge (phone, insurance, newspapers, magazines, etc) and some of them do not take AMEX.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:20 am

I had emailed them yesterday and this the reply I got from Amex:
"Thank you for your e-mail.

The promotional offer to receive 2,500 bonus SPG points for adding an additional cardholder has expired on 08/31/06. You are still able to add an additional cardholder to the account; however, you will not earn the bonus points."
Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by sfducati
I had emailed them yesterday and this the reply I got from Amex:
"Thank you for your e-mail.

The promotional offer to receive 2,500 bonus SPG points for adding an additional cardholder has expired on 08/31/06. You are still able to add an additional cardholder to the account; however, you will not earn the bonus points."

I think it's 9/30/06 was the cut off... i just did it last month when the CSR offered it to me over the phone:

This just showed up in my spg account. unless that is something else.

SPG AX BONUS-PRE 30SEP06 ENROL 2500

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.