W and/or Westin beds discount codes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2007, 6:47 am
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bigjim
Well, you got me curious...from the AMEX website:

Earn Double Starpoints for Starwood spend3

Earn double Starpoints® on stays at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts and purchases made at select Starwood retail outlets like Bliss spa, Westin Store, W Hotels Store, Sheraton Store, and Four Points by Sheraton Store . That's in addition to any Starpoints you earn as a Starwood Preferred Guest®.
Can you please post the link to that quote. Thanx
Old Mar 24, 2007, 9:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Here ya go.

https://www124.americanexpress.com/c...intBenefitList
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:45 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by todd-r
When using this code at checkout it's coming up as:
"W Employee Discount - non transferable"
I noticed this too, and didn't put my order through after seeing it. Has anyone received their items, or at least had their charge go through, after using this discount code?
Old Mar 24, 2007, 8:01 pm

Yes, we ordered the W bed about 5 days ago, and it was delivered this morning. Looking forward to testing it out tonight!
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:38 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by todd-r
When using this code at checkout it's coming up as:
"W Employee Discount - non transferable"
Well...

If people were patitent and did research (not refering to you todd-r) this would have been noticed.

First off.. this topic has been discussed inthe Heavenly Bed thread here.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...light=heavenly

The OP on this "deal" did offer a word of caution when pointing people the Fat Wallet thread. A subsequent post criticized for not just posting the code.

Well... If research was done one would know that this is a employee discount code. Sure it works/worked at checkout but after that YMMV.

However, everyone should research the FW thread before they proceed.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by yeunganson
I was concerned that they may not ship to rural Canada (or Canada in general) but I called in and confirmed that they DO SHIP TO CANADA! The bed/matreess, frame, spring box has free delivery. But the pillows, sheets, covers, blankets..etc has shipping (!?) since it is not shipped seperately - $US 250 for the shipping!

I am waiting to see how the bed will look like.

Were you able to get the free shipping to Canada when booking on-line? Or, did you phone your order in? And if you phoned in, and used the code, did the agent ask any type of employee verification questions?

In any event... enjoy your new bed!
Old Mar 25, 2007, 7:52 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG
FYI to Canadians - I bought $90 worth of items from the W store online last year shipped via FedEx. Not only was I charged duty but FedEx also charged me a $50 brokerage fee! I have no idea what the charge is for a bed in terms of duty and brokerage fees but be prepared for a possible surprize.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 9:01 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I purchased my Heavenly bed (full price unfortunately) on line because they don't charge sales tax. Nordstroms is the same price, bed and delivery but then you have to add sales tax. They however, can give you 6 months 0% on their credit card though.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
FWIW, be careful because they have a no-returns policy!

My girlfriend bought one and found out it didn't suit her back well (she needs a bed that's rock hard we've found). If anyone wants to buy a full-size pillowtop in SF that's been used for only 3 days, PM me and I'll offer it for a very fair price.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 12:40 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I love the duvet and cover, plus the sheets, and would buy them if we got starpoints for them, and if they were at a decent price. I do agree, though, that the W beds suit me more than the Westin ones.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 4:52 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Just wondering what happens if they realize that u incorrectly used a coupon code that you shouldnt have AFTER they shipped the item? Can they just charge you for the difference??
Old Mar 31, 2007, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by l'etoile
I noticed this too, and didn't put my order through after seeing it. Has anyone received their items, or at least had their charge go through, after using this discount code?
Yes, no problem, about 48 hours after order I got a phone call from 1-800-Mattress so schedule delivery. I was out of the country (in LCA) so I asked them to schedule for several days after my return. No problem. Credit card charged.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:35 am

Just received mine today - No Problems

Received my Queen sized mattress only today - no problems with the order. I ordered it on Sunday - so it took about week for them to contact me.

BZ
Old Apr 1, 2007, 11:05 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Do u guys feel it was worth the $? What about the pillows? Anyone have any comments on the ultracloud pillows?
Old Apr 2, 2007, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Do u guys feel it was worth the $? What about the pillows? Anyone have any comments on the ultracloud pillows?
We all have priorities with our funds. I value a good sleep, and I have always appreciated the sleep at Ws and Westins. For us, a very good deal.

Too bad we were out of town til last night.....I missed the sale's deadline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.