Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by rumblefox
Just stayed there last weekend... didn't get an upgrade but overall the property is very nice.... nice facilities and spa. Very LAish decor... liked i overall. Bathroom amenities are nice as well.

They recognized my plat status and gave me a discount for the pet.
Wow, that's only for Plat?? This is too harsh.. I'm going to go here next week.. I should go without much expectation.. :O
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott PLT, SPG GLD, DL PM, National EE
I wonder if the negative reviews you see on Trip Advisor are due to the fact that some people are very narrow minded in terms of decor. Some went as far as to say that the corridors had a musky smell and the beds had "bed bugs".
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by OneWorldTraveller
Wow, that's only for Plat?? This is too harsh.. I'm going to go here next week.. I should go without much expectation.. :O
That is a good way to go to The Parker Palm Springs. The place has so much potential.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:44 pm

Potential? Go without expectations?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:36 am

Programs: Don't you know who I am????
Ah the Parker Palm Springs. Just had a one night stay there a few weeks ago. Very glad we stayed for the experience, but not sure if we would stay again. Had a GREAT experience at check in, all PLAT tickboxes were checked by a very friendly and efficient FS staff. Alt amenity is as 30 minutes of tennis, not sure how well that was received by the Plat couple who in wheelchairs who checked in just before us though...

Rooms are, well, kitschy. Not at all unpleasant, but they do exude a certin retro hipster vibe that Ms. CHOT loved. Grounds and gardens are full of beautiful people. Fun hanging out at the pool with a vastly overpriced drink from the lemonade stand. Agree with others comments about dining.

All in all we liked the place, but its not a typical SPG room.

Cheers!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: 100K
Originally Posted by OneWorldTraveller
well there was the 30 minutes of tennis as well but not much else for Plat that I could tell... this isn't really a heavily branded Le Meridien or SPG property...

I was a bit disappointing for not getting a room upgrade but it was a holiday long weekend and I did use my 2 free nights so everything was pretty much gratis so I'm not bitter at all.

I definably think this is one of the best properties in Palm Springs.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by AFONTANEZ
Potential? Go without expectations?
Yup, it's up to the GM if he wants to empower his staff and adhere to the SPG program. IMHO very mixed bag in a dozen or so stays.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:26 pm

I wanted to stay at the St Regis Monarch beach but thats unavailable... anywhere else you guys recommend to use 2 FRN near Los Angeles?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by rumblefox
well there was the 30 minutes of tennis as well but not much else for Plat that I could tell... this isn't really a heavily branded Le Meridien or SPG property...

I was a bit disappointing for not getting a room upgrade but it was a holiday long weekend and I did use my 2 free nights so everything was pretty much gratis so I'm not bitter at all.

I definably think this is one of the best properties in Palm Springs.
Just finished 2 nights FRN stay. Upgraded to deluxe patio room. Even if it's not a suite, was absolutely satisfied since I didn't expect any upgrade. During Thanksgiving, hotel was full, though....

Resort fee is quite expensive and meaningless (very slow internet.. )..
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:26 am

I was able to switch to the St. Regis Monarch Beach!!! Can't wait!!!
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:07 pm
Community Director Emerita

We spent one night at the property. It didn't start well, but improved as we went along. The lobby was closed for painting when we arrived. Signs were up and employees were in the parking lot directing us to a side door and a temporary desk where we checked in. We were given a pool lanai room. Pictures are very accurate here. The rooms and lobby (that we saw the following day) to me were a bit W-esque. Eclectic describes them well. The room was spacious and had a view over the pool to the mountains. The view was beautiful. There was a table rather than a desk. Although the room was oversized, seating included two chairs at the table and a low chair and even lower footstool. I would have liked a sofa/love seat or at a minimum a more typical easy chair.

We were told that the main building was closed for the painting and that suites were in that building. Therefore, though the hotel seemed near empty, the maximum upgrade was the room we got. We were further told that these were extremely popular rooms. I really had to when the front desk manager said that after all, we had excess to the pool 24 hours a day when most guests had to leave the pool area at 10pm. It was in the upper 30s! Seriously, pool access at midnight in near freezing weather?!

We were out with friends, and didn't spend time at the hotel til morning. We warmed to it on having breakfast outside at Norma, and walking around the beautiful grounds with all its private areas for sitting and lounging.

Our friends have a young professional daughter who considers this hotel the finest in Palm Springs. Our friends who are contemporaries told us very seriously that perhaps we are too old to "get" the hotel. Perhaps!

I have to give a shoutout to the room toiletries. Someone had a lot of fun buying luxury toiletries. They include of Hermes bars of soap, L'Occitane soap, Molton Brown shower gel, Penhaligan Quercos shampoo and hair conditioner, Bulgari lotion, and Blistex lip balm. Someone obviously doesn't believe in layering scents - but it was fun. All of the liquid products were 100 ml containers, very large for hotel bathrooms. We were given 2 sets since we had two sinks.

I would return; I think it's the best of what there is in Palm Springs.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Dec 17, 2011 at 11:37 pm
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
When you go to the Le Parker in Palm Springs you have to remember that it is really into what my decorator sister-in-law calls "mid-century" (i.e., 1950s and 60s) decor. This applies to all of Palm Springs, not just the Parker. I grew up in LA at mid-century, so the furnishings were eerily reminiscent of my mother and dad's house (into the early 2000s for mom). Very trendy, apparently, but if you want something more Westin-ish or W-ish, this isn't the place for you. I wouldn't want to live with it (again), but it was kinda fun for my 3-night FRN stay a couple of weeks ago.

I was told by a staff member that this facility -- before Gene Autry bought it and turned it into his Melody Ranch -- was the first Holiday Inn in Palm Springs. I was upgraded to a Jr Suite on the second floor of the main building, which was two H.I. rooms pasted together to become one long thin room. A non-upgraded room in the main building might be pretty small though, and it would be nice if the rooms had flat-screen TVs instead of tube TVs, but we seldom even turn on the TV, so this was no big deal for my wife and me.

The front desk knew I was Plat when I arrived and the staff was very nice. There's no self parking but the free valet park attendants were all friendly and attentive . . . be sure to ask for a bottle of water per person (free) whenever they retrieve your car and they'll be happy to get it for you.

Location of the hotel is good if you have a car (it isn't within walking distance of central Palm Springs, Palm Desert, etc.) and there seems to be plenty of good restaurants, etc. within an easy drive. All in all, a nice place for a relaxing weekend, I'd stay there again.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD
Our stay was mixed.

The good: The grounds are beautiful. The luxury toiletries are awesome. The valet is professional and courteous.

The bad: The rest of our stay though was a real let down. Housekeeping, maintenance, and the restaurant was a real let down. Resort fee is $30 per night. A little high if you ask me.

Last edited by sunk818; Feb 13, 2012 at 9:16 am
Old Apr 6, 2012, 10:40 am

Anyone with experience on the platinum breakfast on this property after mar 1st?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Stayed last night. Platinum breakfast is tea or coffee, juice, three pastries, and granola with fruit and a little bit of yoghurt. If you want anything else you can order it from the menu and pay extra.

Got upgraded to a villa but I was glad I stayed on points as it would not have been worth the cash. The decor was not bad but quite dated. There was plenty of space but nothing really special. Arrived in the evening and didn't even bother to try to get a late check out- just left after breakfast. They said i could check to see if a late check out could be accommodated this morning...but i had no great desire to stay any longer than overnight. Nothing terrible about it but no wow factor either.

Took the toiletries only because the $30 plus tax resort fee for nothing in exchange seemed a bit excessive. Will find somebody to give them to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.