Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:54 pm

Glad to hear I'm not insane for thinking the Hammock Room is a better option then the Jr Suite.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
From July 6 through September 2 this hotel has a special Cash & Points rate of $15 + 4,800 points (category 5 award) for weeknights or $30 cash for weekends.

You can buy up to 20,000 points per year and this Cash & Points rate can be a better deal for someone who just buys points $35/1,000 points compared to other rates.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We spent a long weekend here on free weekend nights, overall a mixed stay, but it delivered on a nice sunny spot to lay by the pool.

Pros: nice grounds, private and quiet, everything you need and no reason to leave, very nice valet staff out front, nice pool staff

Cons: there's a fine line between retro-chic and "crap from my grandparents basement" and this place seems to be a mix of both, rusting lounge chairs with thin cushions are like torture devices after an hour, the TVs, (had a much better one at the Aloft Ontario airport!) bathroom nothing to write home about, musty hallways, $30 resort charge
Old Oct 31, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Just got back from a weekend stay at the Parker. This was our first visit to the hotel, and I came away very impressed. The grounds are lovely (although the pools are small) and I loved how the rooms are decorated, especially the Jonathan Alder finishings. I received a Plat upgrade to a deluxe room in the North building, which was great, but it was on the second floor with no patio, which was what I was hoping for. They did offer a room with a patio in the south building, which we took a look at, but opted for the deluxe. I think it was a good call since it was closer to the pool, a bit more private, and the products were much better. We ate at both Norma's and Mister Parker's and came away very impressed by both. The service was outstanding and food was excellent. We loved the fish tacos along with a very reasonably priced $42 Prosecco at Norma's. Overall it was a great stay and I hope we get upgraded to one of the junior suites on our next (less busy) weekend stay.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 4:55 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
I've spent Xmas week at this property the last 2years, and am have a total crush on it. Can't recommend it highly enough. From the funky lounge, to Mr Parkers, to guys on bicycles bringing me superstiff lemonades in the hammocks, is just a fantastic property. The service there has been, in my experience, as good as anywhere I've stayed stateside.
There are some negatives, such as the really surprisingly crappy tiny TV, but things like a 10x10 shower in the suites more than make up for it.
Not like I'll sit around my room watching TV all day anyhow.

There's a reason for that special summer rate, which is that you'll likely die of heat stroke for 4mths of the year. During Xmas, was still in the 80's.
Summer is 115+

I've heard that they got some new mgmt there, and they're doing some things like midnight pool parties and some menu changes. I'll likely be back this year.
Love love love this place.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 5:38 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Lounge?

Can anyone provide an overview of the lounge and if they consistently give platinum members access? I'm specifically interested if they have reasonable free breakfast and nightly appetizers. I have two kids so this brings a big value to us.

Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2010, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
I have two kids so this brings a big value to us.
Hmm...is this really a family/kids type place?
Old Nov 13, 2010, 6:03 pm

I haven't been to Palm Springs before but am heading there to escape the rain and hopefully get some sun and see some new things.

It looks like the Westins in Palm Springs don't have lounges and why I'm considering Le Meridien. If it weren't for having a few free nights left I'd stay at a Hyatt or Hilton to get the free breakfasts. Its really a big deal to us when the cost can be close to $100 per day.... just for breakfast at a Hotel.

If its not family friendly can you help give me some pointers on how its not?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Hmm...is this really a family/kids type place?
Old Nov 13, 2010, 6:36 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Can anyone provide an overview of the lounge and if they consistently give platinum members access? I'm specifically interested if they have reasonable free breakfast and nightly appetizers. I have two kids so this brings a big value to us.
This property does not have a lounge, and they do not offer free breakfast to any elites. At least this SPG Platinum didn't get any on my last stay here in March.

Because of why you describe a free breakfast as almost reason enough to book a particular property... by your very own definition this property is not very "family friendly".
Old Nov 13, 2010, 6:39 pm

You are a 100% on ^ Thank you.

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
This property does not have a lounge, and they do not offer free breakfast to any elites. At least this SPG Platinum didn't get any on my last stay here in March.

Because of why you describe a free breakfast as almost reason enough to book a particular property... by your very own definition this property is not very "family friendly".
Old Nov 13, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
No Lounge. The kids would be MUCH happier at Grand Champions
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:29 pm

You helped me get past the aspect of letting my free nights expire....

I just looked into Grand Champions (after your suggestion). Lounge for breakfast, snacks near noon, and appetizers ~5-7PM and no 48" height restriction on the water slides (like Westin Palm Springs), and a Camp Hyatt that will take my kids from 5-10PM for only $40 each - oh this will be a nice dinner!

Gosh, I love some starwoods for business but its so hard for vacations with family when compared to the chains with numerous lounges with free breakfast (~$100 cost at many resort hotels for a family). Looks like I might ditch some free nights that expire in December and just pay $140 per night with a confirmed suite upgrade at Grand Champions.

I'm not trying to torque anyone off here but its so frustrating to have free nights that I'd rather let expire and pay for a room at a different hotel than use them. Especially in this case where I moved extra stays to SPG just to get them. Ok - Stupid me for not thinking it through enough.

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
No Lounge. The kids would be MUCH happier at Grand Champions
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
This property is not a good fit for the type of weekend you are looking for-but there are others that would be.No need to let the certs go to waste.A nice weekend getaway with the wife? A room for family member visiting over Thanksgiving?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:41 pm

Good ideas - I need to think of some use but probably can't use each one.

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
This property is not a good fit for the type of weekend you are looking for-but there are others that would be.No need to let the certs go to waste.A nice weekend getaway with the wife? A room for family member visiting over Thanksgiving?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Reminder about Alternative Platinum Amenity

Platinum members: I hear that Parker Palm Springs will be offering 30 minutes of free tennis in exchange for the HSIA portion of their resort fee.

I encourage anyone to either take full advantage of this, or tell the GM your opinions of their property's participation (or lack of) in the SPG program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.