Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, SW
It's trendy and snooty - you pay extra for that. It's a fun place to stay if you want trendy and snooty. They are desperate as the area has been devastated by the recession. This might be a case where you call and ask for a discount off of their cheapest rate. They may take you up on it. The Westin is nice, but a standard golf resort with lots of families and kids at the pool. There are lots of other options in the area for non-point seekers.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
One mans "trendy and snooty"is another mans chic and exclusive
I just don't want a lot of rugrats and goobers spoiling my weekend-a common occurance in PSP even in nicer properties.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
This property seems to be in the midst of an identity transition away from Le Parker Meridien to Parker Palm Springs.
Old May 1, 2009, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
This property seems to be in the midst of an identity transition away from Le Parker Meridien to Parker Palm Springs.
I've been going to PS for years and if I remember correctly this property has always had a sign out front that said Parker Palm Springs with no mention of LeMeridien. Also when I was looking at the property years ago when LeM was not associated with *W it also was just refered to as the Parker PS. I think the owner has always tried to keep his two hotels somewhat seperated from the programs they were associated with. Redemptions/earning of points was not possible when LeM was an independent company and they just recently became available under the SPG program....probably because of the economy....rather have the rooms filled by award stays than empty.

OT but I still remember this place being called the Merv Griffin Givenchy Hotel and Spa....my guess would be approx. 8 years or so ago.
Old May 1, 2009, 11:59 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by christianj
I've been going to PS for years and if I remember correctly this property has always had a sign out front that said Parker Palm Springs with no mention of LeMeridien. Also when I was looking at the property years ago when LeM was not associated with *W it also was just refered to as the Parker PS. I think the owner has always tried to keep his two hotels somewhat seperated from the programs they were associated with. Redemptions/earning of points was not possible when LeM was an independent company and they just recently became available under the SPG program....probably because of the economy....rather have the rooms filled by award stays than empty...
Yes, as mentioned in post #24 of this same thread.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old May 1, 2009, 3:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Yes, as mentioned in post #24 of this same thread.
Ya, well, these Master Threads are too long and cumbersome to bother reading.
Old May 1, 2009, 3:08 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Ya, well, these Master Threads are too long and cumbersome to bother reading.
LOL.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old May 18, 2009, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Few random pictures of the hotel:

http://holtju2.smugmug.com/gallery/8...40256453_KMEhA

The famous bathroom toiletries set:

Old May 26, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
My partner and I stayed at this hotel at the end of April 2009 for three nights and had a wonderful experience. While I certainly agree that the hotel has some "hollywood glam" factor, we appreciated the style and vibe very much, not snooty at all as a previous poster had indicated. We are both plats and were upgraded to a junior suite. Very comfortable. The rooms are not very luxurious, but are more than adequate. Mid century style, very clean and (in our case anyway) quite spacious. Bathroom was fine. The grounds are amazing. Stunning plantings. Ate at the pool bar one afternoon, which I would not recommend. Overpriced and very average food. However, Norma's is outstanding for breakfast/brunch. Once you get over the shock of the pricing ($20 for eggs), the food is really really good. I had these spectacular pancakes one morning, that I still drool in memory over. Expensive, but worth the cost for at least one breakfast. The $30 per day resort fee is annoying. But the free valet parking, free coffee brought to your daily upon request, and the luxe bathroom toiletries ease the pain. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by holtju2
Few random pictures of the hotel:

http://holtju2.smugmug.com/gallery/8...40256453_KMEhA

The famous bathroom toiletries set:

Apparently holtju2 experienced the "winter" famous bathroom toiletries set.

I experienced the "summer" famous bathroom toiletries set:

It's interesting to note that both SPG.com and the Parker's own website mention "fab bathroom amenities", apparently that's seasonal.

p.s. the $30 Resort Fee is the same in the summer

Last edited by itsaboutthejourney; Jun 14, 2009 at 11:34 pm Reason: added resort fee
Old Jun 14, 2009, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
That is quite a change
Old Jun 14, 2009, 8:20 pm

Another LPM's "Green $$$ initative?"
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
The damn resort fee could easily pay for those amenities.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Does seem a bit chinsey considering the previous pics but Peter Thomas Roth stuff is not cheap. Would much rather have that than some White Tea stuff!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by christianj
Does seem a bit chinsey considering the previous pics but Peter Thomas Roth stuff is not cheap. Would much rather have that than some White Tea stuff!
That was the the bulk amenity Peter Thomas Roth stuff, AND they were too cheap to even provide the full set of mouthwash, vanity kit, mending kit, shower cap, 2nd bar of soap in the shower, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.