Help: Mexico Wedding

Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL:1K, DL:Plat, CO:Plat, HH:Diamond, SPG:Plat
Help: Mexico Wedding

Mrs. Mo and I would like to get married on the beach in either Cabo or Puerto Vallarta in February/March/April of 2007. We would like to make it affordable for our guests to stay somewhere bc flights will be expensive. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to get married and/or places for our guests to stay? We expect somewhere around 150-175 people in attendance.

The Westin in Cabo seems VERY expensive for our guests...
Old Jun 2, 2006, 3:12 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by MoCheex
Mrs. Mo and I would like to get married on the beach in either Cabo or Puerto Vallarta in February/March/April of 2007. We would like to make it affordable for our guests to stay somewhere bc flights will be expensive. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to get married and/or places for our guests to stay? We expect somewhere around 150-175 people in attendance.

The Westin in Cabo seems VERY expensive for our guests...
Cabo usually has very cool temperatures in February and March. The water will probably be quite cold. Too cold for swimming for many people. I would think that April air temps would be much better, but I would think that the water would still be cold.

PVR would probably have great weather and much cheaper lodging. I've not yet been to PVR, though.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 3:55 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
My advice (remember I've never done a wedding in Mexico, so take this free advice for what it's worth! ) would be to skip Cabo if you're looking for a place with some reasonable costs for guests. Cabo is great and offers some unique experiences, but in terms of "stuff" to do for a well rounded group of guests, my vote easily goes to PV.

For starters, PV is a real city. True, it's a definite resort town, but the locals enjoy this place, too, and lots of Mexicans opt to vacation in PV, as well. I really like that part. Also, PV has a very wide range of good restaurants that are reasonably priced and surprisingly varied.

I would first recommend that you do aggressive research on the web searching for Mexico weddings or Puerto Vallarta weddings, etc, to learn all that you need to know about regulations, etc. Also there may be special offers for wedding parties that you'd learn about in those searches.

Lastly, I would advise you to be in touch directly with the sales offices of hotels you are interested in to learn about their wedding packages. I assure you they all have them and with that size group, they'll be most interested in your business!

Congrats and good luck! ^
Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:33 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Are you absolutely set with Cabo or PV? I ask b/c the lovliest outdoor/beach wedding I have ever seen was at Le Meridien Cancun. It was at night, lit by torches right by the sea and it was gorgeous. They're Starwood now and there are 2 other Starwoods nearby for guests who might not want to pay as much- Sheraton and Westin Regina. Plus, the flights into Cancun are usually not as expensive. Just a thought.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:17 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA PLAT
Regardless of which location you choose,

Call the hotel and ask for the revenue manager. The revenue manager may be willing to give you a deal on the rates since your party would be booking a lot of rooms. They have rates available we can't see and they know for how much they can afford to sell the rooms.

Good luck!
Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:47 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by thaliajen
Are you absolutely set with Cabo or PV? I ask b/c the lovliest outdoor/beach wedding I have ever seen was at Le Meridien Cancun. It was at night, lit by torches right by the sea and it was gorgeous. They're Starwood now and there are 2 other Starwoods nearby for guests who might not want to pay as much- Sheraton and Westin Regina. Plus, the flights into Cancun are usually not as expensive. Just a thought.
I also thought of suggesting that, but I saw that the OP is located in SFO and worried about flight schedules. Make sure that you have some decent options for getting everyone there without having to take redeye flights. American, Continental, and United can accomplish this. A nonstop to PVR would probably be more pleasant and maybe cheaper.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2.5M Lifetime), SPG
I go to PVR every year and love it. You should call the Westin and see what kind of a deal they can offer. It's a nice property, on the beach, and I've seen them do some weddings at sunset that look fantastic. Airfare from SFO should be about $300, I have no idea what rooms are - I have a timeshare. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.