Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Osaka - Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Westin Osaka - Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2005, 9:33 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
hilton osaka

i stayed there several times last year.

and if you are a gold or diamond you will really get a great treatment there.

the gm is a german and he and his staff is doing a very good job. it was one of my best stays in a hilton hotel .

dp
Old Feb 19, 2005, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Please read my post again. No time travel here.

Originally Posted by ac777
Hi RTWSTARALLIANCE, I thought time travel was still fiction but am glad to see you stayed at the Westin Osaka in March 2005 I did stay at the same Hotel in Oct 2004 with my wife and as Platinum was upgraded to a suite, had full lounge access for both of us and when I had to leave Osaka quickly and cancel my bookings at Yokohama and Tokyo (Typhoon was on its way) the staff in the lounge were extremely helpful and did all the cancelleations for me. Tha station being nearby was quite handy.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 4:49 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Definitely, Westin Osaka is better. Hilton Osaka is on the better location but Westin Osaka will gives you the much more comfortable stay in the hotel. 42m2 room with a large bathroom and a showerbooth VS 30m2 room with a tiny bathroom. Westin Osaka has a shuttle bus and it occurs every 20 mins, but in these days, I walk to JR Osaka station. (just 10 mins) On the way to Osaka station, you can find Yodobashi-camera and Comme Ca Store.
http://www.yodobashi-umeda.com/index.html

To KIX, the airport limousine bus stops at Westin Osaka in the morning, and otherwise you can take a cab to Herbis Osaka that is an shopping complex(shops, restaurants, a bus terminal and a hotel-Ritz Carlton Osaka) with 7-8 dollars.
http://www.herbis-osaka.com/

It is quite similar to Westin Tokyo VS Hilton Tokyo. But in this case, Hilton Osaka is more expensive than Westin Osaka, so I mostly choose Westin Osaka. ( 9 stays at Westin Osaka, 1 stay at Hilton Osaka, 9 stays at Hilton Tokyo and 1 stay at Westin Tokyo in my 2004 )
Old Feb 21, 2005, 8:00 am
Suspended

Thanks for your replies.

I actually managed to obtain a better rate at the Hilton (USD183 nett)compared to the Westin (USD200 plus taxes); and with the free breakfast and Gold upgrade (?) it seems that Hilton is better value.

My stay in Osaka will be very short, hence a convenient location is a big plus.

Another Starwood "double stay credit" lost
Old Feb 26, 2005, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yasuki
Westin Osaka has a shuttle bus and it occurs every 20 mins, but in these days, I walk to JR Osaka station.
I just realised that there are 2 main railway stations in Osaka; Osaka JR and Shin Osaka.

Since I will be arriving by train from Kyoto, it looks like I will be arriving at the Shin Osaka station . Hence, the Hilton Osaka may not be as convenient as I had originally thought.

Is there a shuttle from the Shin Osaka station to the Westin Osaka ?

Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 8:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
Yes there is a shuttle to Osaka station.
heres the page in Japanese
http://www.westin-osaka.co.jp/access/shuttle.html

However you can get the idea of the distance. It is walkable, but the shuttle is good. The shuttlebus runs roughly every 20minutes.

Ah i'm sorry I just realised thats to Osaka station, not shin-osaka station. You can go to osaka station and take the train to Shin-Osaka if needed.

Actually if you're coming in from Kyoto, instead of taking the Shinkansen which only stops at Shin-Osaka, take either the limited express train or special rapid trains from Kyoto station to Osaka station, its only 10minutes longer than by Shinkansen (it takes 25minutes by local or limited express trains from Kyoto to Osaka Station, it takes 15minutes by Shinkansen from Kyoto to Shin-Osaka Station).

Last edited by railroadtycoon; Feb 26, 2005 at 8:53 pm
Old Feb 27, 2005, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by railroadtycoon
Actually if you're coming in from Kyoto, instead of taking the Shinkansen which only stops at Shin-Osaka, take either the limited express train or special rapid trains from Kyoto station to Osaka station, its only 10minutes longer than by Shinkansen (it takes 25minutes by local or limited express trains from Kyoto to Osaka Station, it takes 15minutes by Shinkansen from Kyoto to Shin-Osaka Station).
Yes, that is right. You do not have to take Shinkansen. Take a rapid train on Tokaido-Sanyo line from kyoto. It takes just 30 mins to Osaka, and you can save 2,400 JPY.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:35 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by mario33
I just realised that there are 2 main railway stations in Osaka; Osaka JR and Shin Osaka.

Since I will be arriving by train from Kyoto, it looks like I will be arriving at the Shin Osaka station . Hence, the Hilton Osaka may not be as convenient as I had originally thought.

Is there a shuttle from the Shin Osaka station to the Westin Osaka ?

Thanks.
You can take the JR line from Kyoto to Osaka.

Hyatt has the HR Osaka, but it is down near the convention center, about 30 minutes south, but still a 50 minute limo bus ride to KIX. Shuttle runs about every 30 minutes. I paid JPY11,700 per night, which was less than Westin or Hilton, but only saw Osaka from the shuttle, which was planned as I had spent the majority of my time in Kyoto and had flights into/out of ITM for the trip to and from the US and out of KIX to Shanghai.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 3:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yasuki
To KIX, the airport limousine bus stops at Westin Osaka in the morning, and otherwise you can take a cab to Herbis Osaka that is an shopping complex(shops, restaurants, a bus terminal and a hotel-Ritz Carlton Osaka) with 7-8 dollars.
Would taking a cab to Herbis Osaka and catch the limousine bus, more convenient/comfortable than taking the Westin shuttle to JR Osaka station for the train ride to KIX ?

Also I noticed that the Westin Osaka charges an extra USD40 (plus taxes) for twin occupancy. Are they particular about the number of guests in the room like certain countries in Europe ?

Last edited by mario33; Mar 3, 2005 at 3:32 am
Old Mar 3, 2005, 6:15 am

Would taking a cab to Herbis Osaka and catch the limousine bus, more convenient/comfortable than taking the Westin shuttle to JR Osaka station for the train ride to KIX ??
I think so if you have heavy luggages. The problem is the traffic jam.

Also I noticed that the Westin Osaka charges an extra USD40 (plus taxes) for twin occupancy. Are they particular about the number of guests in the room like certain countries in Europe ?
The single rate is different from the twin rate. That is all.
Old May 4, 2005, 5:13 am

The renewal of the shuttle bus timetable

Since 25th of April on 2005, the shuttle bus between The Westin Osaka and JR Osaka station has been renewaled.

[ Hotel shuttle bus (free) ]
From hotel : 7:50. 8:10,30,50. 9:00-20:00(05,20,35,50). 21:10,30,50.
From JR Osaka : 8:00,20,40. 9:00-20:00(00,15,30,45). 21:00,20,40 .22:00.
5-10 mins would be required.

[ Airport Limousine bus (1,300JPN) ]
From hotel to Kansai airport(KIX) : 07:18 -> 08:30
From Kansai airport(KIX) : 18:45 -> 20:04
Old May 27, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Arrow Westin Osaka - Japan (Master Thread)

Well. I need to get myself out of the hotel I am staying at in Fukuoka. The Westin Osaka looks to be the option as I want to see the observatory. Can someone comment on direction from Shin Osaka, cost of HSIA in rooms, is HSIA charged for Executive Lounge guests, what kind of upgrades are Plats getting now if available, suggestions for walking around the real downtown Osaka area (I know Hotel is not in center of city so to speak) and is it easy access to Osaka Castle? Thanks appreciate. I need to make my reservation asap.
Old May 27, 2006, 7:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
To get to the Westin Osaka from ShinOsaka Station, take the JR line south to Osaka Station.

The Westin Osaka runs a shuttlebus between Osaka Station and the Hotel.
Pick up times can be found here:
http://www.westin-osaka.co.jp/access/shuttle.html

If you prefer to walk, it is about a 15 minute walk from the Central North Exit. When you exit, cross the street keeping Yodobashi store to your right, keep walking strait (follow other folks) until you get to a pedestrian underpass, go in the tunnel and it emerges at the Umeda Sky Building, you should be able to find the Westin next to the Sky Building.

Here's a map: the trail is in red:
http://www.westin-osaka.co.jp/img/map/map200601.gif

---
Edit:
I found an english map here:
http://www.westin-osaka.co.jp/img/map/map_a4e.pdf
---

As for getting to Osaka castle:
Follow the directions back to Osaka Station either walk or bus:
Take the JR Osaka Loop line to Osakajokoen Station (Osaka Castle Park St.) you can also take the Osaka Loop line to Morinomiya Station, it doesn't matter much all the JR stations and subway stations are outlining the Castle so you'll have to walk through the park and up to the castle.

You can also pick up a map from the tourist information booth outside the Station. I've read your prior Japan reports so I'm sure you'll have no problem navigating around.

Hope that helps.

Things to do in Osaka:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480881
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498834

Last edited by railroadtycoon; May 27, 2006 at 7:47 pm
Old May 27, 2006, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
cost of HSIA in rooms, is HSIA charged for Executive Lounge guests, what kind of upgrades are Plats getting now if available
In short, cost of HSIA in rooms is 1,050yen/day and WIFI at the exe lounge might be free, I guess. You would be upgraded to the DX room on the exe floor or the corner suite on the standard floor. I guess you prefer the DX room on the exe floor because of the heavenly beds.

I am staying at Hilton Tokyo Bay on 29th and Westin Osaka on 30th.
Have lots of fun!
Old May 28, 2006, 4:34 am

Thank you both. Excellent information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.