Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Rome: General Discussion Thread (Where should I stay? Which hotel is better? etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rome: General Discussion Thread (Where should I stay? Which hotel is better? etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Thanks

I might try to find something closer to the city.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Has anyone stayed in the Sheraton Roma? Seems to have the most economical rates, but maybe not as central as the Westin etc.

Would love to hear people's thoughts please
My bolding. It's no where near the central area. I only stay there the night before early flights. The Roma is an average property, lots of bus and other groups. The Westin is smack dab in the middle of everything I go to Rome for - walking, sightseeing, eating, shopping, and history around every corner.

Cheers,
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Kimpton Inner Circle, Hertz PC
I am planning a trip for the fall (I am an early planner) to Rome. It will be romantic getaway type of a trip. I have platinum status and will be staying using points. I have a few questions that I didn't see in this thread.

What hotel is best if you are using suite night upgrades? From other posts it seems that the Westin is better for upgrades at check in but I have plenty of suite night awards and would like to use them for this.

One poster mentioned the Westin was undergoing renovations a year or two ago, are any of these hotels currently undergoing renovations or slated to start renovations this year?

Has anyone hotel hopped between the 3 of them? Would that be worth it or would it just be an unnecessary hassle?

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: Starwood
We've stayed at all three and have been upgraded at all three. The nicest upgrade we received was at the Westin! The St. Regis "suite" upgrade was smaller than a regular room at the Westin.
If location is important, I like the Hotel Eden the best. Westin is just a little bit farther, and the St. Regis location is least desirable, IMO.
Also, I've noticed during certain time periods, the EDEN is less points than the other two (20K instead of 25K).
You really can't go wrong -- they are three lovely hotels!

Buon viaggio!
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by dina4
We've stayed at all three and have been upgraded at all three. The nicest upgrade we received was at the Westin! The St. Regis "suite" upgrade was smaller than a regular room at the Westin.
If location is important, I like the Hotel Eden the best. Westin is just a little bit farther, and the St. Regis location is least desirable, IMO.
Also, I've noticed during certain time periods, the EDEN is less points than the other two (20K instead of 25K).
You really can't go wrong -- they are three lovely hotels!

Buon viaggio!
What is this Hotel Eden you speak of? It's not an SPG property is it?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by pkerr
What is this Hotel Eden you speak of? It's not an SPG property is it?
It was a SPG property, but it is gone some weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.