Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]

Le Meridien Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]

Old Jul 14, 2012, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Stayed at the Le Meridien Stuttgart for one night recently on a C+P redemption. I am a SPG Plat.

Was coming from the airport via the S-Bahn. The walk to the hotel from the Hauptbahnhof takes around 15 minutes and depending on which route you take, has some stairs.

Check-in was fine but was not offered any kind of upgrade (was not upgraded in advance either). Was only there one night so did not inquire about an upgrade either.

Breakfast Plat amenity was described as a full buffet. Breakfast starts at 6:30am and I was going to be leaving around that time, so I passed.

Overall the room was nice, the windows block a lot of noise from the road. The bed was a little too hard for my tastes. Nicely appointed bathroom.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Breakfast Plat amenity was described as a full buffet. Breakfast starts at 6:30am and I was going to be leaving around that time, so I passed.
It's really a great breakfast there!!!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 5:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Effective Jan. 2nd, Executive Lounge will Close Permanently
Effective January 2, 2012, the Executive Lounge will close permanently. Guests booked in Executive Rooms or Suites will receive a bar drink voucher. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Effective Jan. 2nd, Executive Lounge will Close Permanently
Effective January 2, 2012, the Executive Lounge will close permanently. Guests booked in Executive Rooms or Suites will receive a bar drink voucher. Please contact the hotel for further information.

See post from Jan 2, 2012:

The executive lounge officially closes tomorrow.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:45 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I had 5 single-night weekend stays at this property since the beginning of the year. Very easy hotel to BRG (at least on weekends), paid €83-103 including buffet breakfast, decent value if you factor in the 2000 BRG points. Based on the negative feedback on this thread, I had been avoiding this hotel for a few years, but I have to say, it's not as bad as some of the reports make it sound.

Positive: Very centrally located, 10 minute walk from Hauptbahnhof. Generally friendly staff. One of the Plat amenity choices is full buffet breakfast (in lieu of the 500 points). Rooms are in good shape, good water pressure and bedding. Junior suites come with Cinq Mondes amenities.

Bad: You have to use a suite upgrade cert to get a junior suite. They had junior suites showing for sale on every stay, but never wanted to give me more than a high floor room. If you do use an upgrade cert, the junior suites are the size of two regular rooms, and oddly devoid of furniture and decorations. Breakfast, overall, is a disappointment. They greet you, check off your room number and tell you to walk in to find your own seating, which is a challenge on busy Sundays. The food quality is low, and if you come late, some things never get replenished, and others are stale and cold. My rate-included breakfast was added to the bill 3/5 times, and BRG points never posted automatically.

Reading over my post again, it may look like the negatives outweigh the positives, but really, I was fairly satisfied with my stays. Beats driving all the way to LE to stay at the HIX, which I did for a few years to avoid this hotel.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: SPG Gold, UA/AA Commoner
Mods, Please delete. Sorry.

Last edited by joeyvegaz; Jul 24, 2013 at 10:18 am Reason: Meant to be PM
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:58 am

This is one of my regular hotels (100+ nights so far) and I absolutely cannot confirm the bad experience described by jpdx.
I always have breakfast included and it was never additionally found on my bill. Regarding quality and service at breakfast my experience has also been quite different (on weekdays): the waiters are extremely friendly and helpful and the food choices and quality are the best I have experienced in any Starwood hotel in Germany.
What I can confirm is that I was seldom upgraded to Junior suite, but you might prefer the normal-size rooms with garden view anyway (because of traffic noise at street side where all the suites are oriented to).
All the restaurants are really excellent and I would especially recommend the barbecue buffet that is served on the terrace of the Le Medoc-winebar during summer.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Opaks
This is one of my regular hotels (100+ nights so far) and I absolutely cannot confirm the bad experience described by jpdx.
I always have breakfast included and it was never additionally found on my bill. Regarding quality and service at breakfast my experience has also been quite different (on weekdays): the waiters are extremely friendly and helpful and the food choices and quality are the best I have experienced in any Starwood hotel in Germany.
What I can confirm is that I was seldom upgraded to Junior suite, but you might prefer the normal-size rooms with garden view anyway (because of traffic noise at street side where all the suites are oriented to).
All the restaurants are really excellent and I would especially recommend the barbecue buffet that is served on the terrace of the Le Medoc-winebar during summer.
Really?

It was not only a bad experience by jpdx, we are talking about quite some negative reviews on this board.

I can assure you that there are a lot of SPG properties with a better breakfast in comparison to the LM Stuttgart, the Elephant is just one example.

Eggs Benedict with Kaviar, a selection of their own rolls, vintage cheeses selected by their Michelin starred chef, fresh fruit (filet cuts) , their own selection of mini-cakes like Gugelhupf not to mention the nice selection of fish, incl. smoked trout.

IMO, the post by jpdx is spot on, especially regarding the value proposition including the BRG. Euro 83 + 2000 points + 500 Plat bonus is a very solid deal for Stuttgart, one of the few cities on the planet where I deliberately do not frequent the SPG property in town anymore, especially on reg. weekdays with rates in the high 100's.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Opaks
Are you sure you are talking about LM Stuttgart?! Breakfast should be the best starwood breakfast in germany?! Really?!

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Jul 25, 2013 at 2:56 pm Reason: typo...
Old Feb 18, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
LM Stuttgart Mega Upgrade

Due to a bit of a flight chaos in Heathrow a few nights ago, I had to rebook via Stanstead and ended in Stuttgart instead of Munich. So I needed a hotel on points and the LM was available.

We arrived and I was told we had received an upgrade, and I had booked a king bed non smoking. we were given room 404, which was a smoking room, and certainly did not look like an upgrade. so back downstairs to say the room was smoking and didn't look like an upgrade. They apologized and said unfortunately they had no more king bed rooms. I said that was not acceptable. so then they gave us room 577. This time they even added the "you've been upgraded" sleeve to the key. To be honest I think the girl at the FD was new to starwood, as she was surprised to note that I was a plat.
Anyway we got up to the room, and promptly got lost

Bathroom

Bedroom

Walk in Wardrobe

Hallway with a bit of Art

Luggage Storage room I think

Dining Room

Livingroom

And in case the living room wasn't enough, there was this additional study

The Rack rate on this suite? We think it was about 3000 per night. it was the second largest suite in the house, and the largest, the presidential clocks in at about 4000 - 4700. So for the 10K points it was certainly a great deal

Breakfast was good, had everything you could want, and more, but one of the waitresses was a real cold b+~*hy little number, which really ruined a romantic breakfast.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:46 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Several years ago I stayed here a few times when it was still a Interconti (every time nice upgrades provided for Ambassador members). Since the rebranding I've stayed only 3 times or so.

I booked a short "just for the night" stay here last weekend. Got an upgrade to an executive room. OK for me as I just wanted to overnight but probably not an upgrade to the "best room available". Breakfast or 500 points were offered.

Room was very clean but showed its age. Compared to former stays they have scaled back amenities: lower quality bath products (transparent bottles instead of tubes), few and old (non plush) towels, no turndown service, no welcome message, no fruits. In the bathroom the showerhead could not be stuck to its holder so you had to hold it all the time during showering. Also I didn't like the bedding and found it not to be comfortable. Nothing major - but not acceptable considering the rates they charge. For a weekend night booked about 3 weeks in advance I paid a corporate rate of 145 EUR, cheapest web rate was even 155 EUR.

Got the information that a renovation of the rooms is planned for summer '15 and that model rooms are in test already. I mentioned that I was very disappointed that no in room coffee-makers are available and heard back that those are planned after the renovation.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
We will see...

BTW: I am still waiting for my points in February. Was there for lunch. Not arrived so far...
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
One night at the LM, paid night.

Upgrade at Check-In offered to Executive despite Junior Suite available. As per F/D staff the suite is not 'available for occupancy due to technical defect'.

I said that online they sell more than one of such suites and I don't buy their nonsense. If they don't want to give it out they should tell me that and I go to the aloft and cancel this reservation.

Gave them 5 minutes to research availability of the aloft and other hotels. Junior Suite mysteriously became available. Surprise, surprise.

I hate hotels like this whose policy it is to undermine the SPG rules and then lie to the guests face. Why don't they just do a 'limited participation' then?

Nothing extra offered for Platinum except the choice BF or 500 points.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
One night at the LM, paid night.

Upgrade at Check-In offered to Executive despite Junior Suite available. As per F/D staff the suite is not 'available for occupancy due to technical defect'.

I said that online they sell more than one of such suites and I don't buy their nonsense. If they don't want to give it out they should tell me that and I go to the aloft and cancel this reservation.

Gave them 5 minutes to research availability of the aloft and other hotels. Junior Suite mysteriously became available. Surprise, surprise.

I hate hotels like this whose policy it is to undermine the SPG rules and then lie to the guests face. Why don't they just do a 'limited participation' then?

Wow, you nearly pulled another "Tokyo Skywalker"

On the other hand, no lounge at the LM Stuttgart, so it would have been a "Tokyo Skywalker Lite"
Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Junior Suite mysteriously became available. Surprise, surprise.

This is why Stuttgart is the only location in the world where I do NOT stay at a Meridien hotel.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.