Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2008, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Was there Easter weekend as well!!! Was also told that lounge access is only available for a fee. Not worth it since no breakfast in lounge (although may be comped in restaurant for the fee)..I do believe that the fee does include Internet access though which sweetens the deal. The fee quoted to me by the way was 40 euros.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: American Express
Unhappy

Originally Posted by lovtofly3
Stayed this past Easter weekend.
Checkin was quick and was informed that I had been upgraded to an Exec. Suite.Really just 1 big room split by TV consol, with couch on one side and bed the other.Bathroom was of average size stocked with Hermes shampoos and soaps.

Wasn't given lounge access till I went down and asked,lounge was small and had soft drinks,beer and wine availible all day.At 630Pm soup and bread were brought up,that's about it other than there was 1 computer in the lounge and TV.

No complaints at all.
All and all a decent hotel with OK location to transportaion and shopping.
Greetings from Stuttgart. I am currently in the VIP lounge.

There is a fee of 40 € for Platinums... Hmmmm! NOTHING to eat but some fruits! And there are some few drinks and free Internet. Not worth the money in my opinion.

Was upgraded to a suite.
PS: There is no Executive Suite in this hotel! There are 9 Junior Suites and 1 President Suite.

Breakfast costs 24 € extra. Overpriced in my opinion.

Difference between standard and deluxe rooms? First/second floors versus third floors Exective in fourth and fifth floors
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:10 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Bluemoon Lady
Was upgraded to a suite.
PS: There is no Executive Suite in this hotel! There are 9 Junior Suites and 1 President Suite.
Hi Bluemoon Lady,

There are Executive Suites at this property. 60 square metre on higher floors.

Nevertheless, do provide your feedback to the management of the property if you find that your stay has been unsatisfactory.

Or you may contact Platinum Concierge to do so as well.

[email protected]
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:55 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
I will be there at the end of the year and the breakfast is in the rate.

40 € per day or per person for the vip lounge? What's about the soup at the evening as lovtofly3 has posted?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:34 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
There are Executive Suites at this property. 60 square metre on higher floors.
Sorry but this could not be correct. As far as i can see there are even the junior suites with 60 m².

http://stuttgart.destinations.starwo...LM_1866_ST_ENG

Junior Suites
Comfortable junior suites offer you more space during your stay. Extending over 60 m², with a walk-in closet, separate seating areas and a spacious bathroom, you'll feel right at home – particularly if you're going to be staying for longer.

Presidential and Diplomatic Suite
Consummate luxury awaits you in the presidential and diplomatic suite. Treat yourself to that special experience! Take a bath in the whirlpool in your suite, relax afterwards in the presidential suite's very own sauna and dine in style in the dining room. Enjoy the view from the suite's wintergarden and absorb the unique ambience conjured by the twinkling lights of the city.

and if I second this: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...language=en_US

All 291 rooms, including 12 suites, offer an elegant atmosphere which is combined with modern technology and comfort. The variety of room types caters to all individual tastes and preferences. Facilities for disabled people are also available in 3 rooms.

there can be at least only a little number of executive suites...

or they call all suites "Executive Suite" except the special suite.

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Dec 1, 2008 at 12:56 am
Old Dec 1, 2008, 2:02 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Sorry but this could not be correct. As far as i can see there are even the junior suites with 60 m˛.

http://stuttgart.destinations.starwo...LM_1866_ST_ENG

Junior Suites
Comfortable junior suites offer you more space during your stay. Extending over 60 m˛, with a walk-in closet, separate seating areas and a spacious bathroom, you'll feel right at home – particularly if you're going to be staying for longer.

Presidential and Diplomatic Suite
Consummate luxury awaits you in the presidential and diplomatic suite. Treat yourself to that special experience! Take a bath in the whirlpool in your suite, relax afterwards in the presidential suite's very own sauna and dine in style in the dining room. Enjoy the view from the suite's wintergarden and absorb the unique ambience conjured by the twinkling lights of the city.

and if I second this: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...language=en_US

All 291 rooms, including 12 suites, offer an elegant atmosphere which is combined with modern technology and comfort. The variety of room types caters to all individual tastes and preferences. Facilities for disabled people are also available in 3 rooms.

there can be at least only a little number of executive suites...

or they call all suites "Executive Suite" except the special suite.
Hi Forstbetrieb,

The Presidential Suite is definitely not an executive suite. That should be correct.

Well, thank you for pointing this out for me. Let me clarify this with the property regarding this.

[email protected]
Old Dec 28, 2008, 10:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just returned from the le Meridien Stuttgart
upon arrival was told that because of my Gold status (Only 1 stay to plat left @ 4points dusseldorf)) I would be upgraded to a deluxe room on the 5th floor. the Check in person was extremely nice and he covered everything even how many starpoints I have.
The room was quite nice but nothing special. I looked for the executive lounge but I couldn't find it and never bothered to ask (where is it located?).

I did have a drink in the bar, witch is reasonably priced.

I would recommend the hotel.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 4:00 pm

Programs: LH:SEN++ 2012, FB Plat,AMX:PLA/CRB, *WOOD:PLA,Sixt:Diamond , LuckyStrike:Red, others
Originally Posted by thomas199023
I looked for the executive lounge but I couldn't find it and never bothered to ask (where is it located?).
I would recommend the hotel.
Just checked out yesterday, really like this property and it's friendly staff - also the spa is a nice place to be. ^

The lounge is to be found on the 4th floor. Take the 'Schlossfluegel' elevator to the 4th, then make a left around the corner...

Shame, I also haven't been granted access to the lounge this time. A bit more of consistency amongst all *WOOD brands would be meaningful.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I have also made some Pictures of the deluxe room and amnesties

Old Feb 13, 2009, 2:22 pm

will be here again next Saturday the 21th. Any chance of getting free club lounge access as its weekend? and a room upgrade? have never stayed here as a PLAT as a gold many times though.
Old May 11, 2009, 9:31 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Stayed last week as a plat.Checkin was efficient and friendly.Told we had been upgraded to an executive room.looked pretty standard to me.At check out asked what was the difference between an executive room and a standard room.Told none except the executive rooms are on the 2 highest floors and have views of the park-problem we were on the 3rd floor with a view of the buildings at the back.
No free internet,no lounge access so only plat benefit was the 500 points.Housekeeping was hit and miss.No turn down over 3 nights.Faulty light in the hallway outside our room which kept flickering for the 3 days.Was asked at checkin which paper we would like but received none over the 3 days.
Did have dinner at the restaurant the first night as it was pouring rain.Very good food,presentation and service but very pricey.
Thomas's pictures look very much like our room.Was used to 2 singles as a king throughout Germany but here it was distinctly 2 beds.
Really seemed surprised on checkout when asked did we enjoy the stay and i replied no because there were too many problems.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I had a good experience at this hotel when I stayed in February. We were upgraded to a suite for our stay, which was spacious and comfortable (especially the bed). The Suite had an unusual round shape, in an open-plan layout.

The hotel's location was also convenient to most of central Stuttgart (although the object of our visit was actually Strasbourg, which unfortunately does not have any SPG properties).

I did manage to take some photos of our suite, which are available below:

Suite Bed & TV

Suite Bed

Suite TV

Suite Work Desk

Suite Sitting Area

Suite Bathtub

Suite Bathroom

Suite Shower
Old Dec 18, 2009, 7:19 am

I recently stayed here (November 2010) and had no complaints. The staff were very helpful and offered late check out at check-in to this Gold member.

Two words of warning:

1. if you want to use the spa or pool, be sure to take the slippers from your room.

2. if you like to have the window open a bit, be sure to get a room at the back of the hotel. It is on a very busy road that has loud traffic all night long. I speak as a city dweller who is used to traffic noise; this was very loud.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I was upgraded there to the same executive suite, not bad at all.

HOWEVER: Be careful, this hotel advertises free minibar for these suites (this will even be part of the room description you find in your amended reservation on www.spg.com) and at the end of the day you will be charged argueing that you did originally not book that roomtype and you are not entitled to this benefits.....
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Very much enjoy this property

I have stayed here twice in recent months. I really like it. Fantastic service, very modern spacious rooms, and great bathrooms. The restaurant is very good, and you can get the restaurant items delivered via room service if you ask (had some excellent salmon). Did not visit the spa but the fitness center is good - two elliptical machines and two treadmills, Life Fitness brand and reasonably new. Some free weights and weight machines.

Like most high-end German hotels, the breakfast buffet is obscenely expensive. It is, however, very high quality and a nice occasional treat.

Highly recommended property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.