Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Portugal Starwoods: from the Algarve to Porto [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Portugal Starwoods: from the Algarve to Porto [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:12 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by genoval
Is it true the parking is free in the Lisbon Sheraton?
Yes - if you are a Platinum guest. I just finished an 8 day stay here and had free Valet parking provided - a big plus in Lisbon
Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:57 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Unhappy Le Méridien Dona Filipa & San Lorenzo Golf Course leaving Starwood

Leaving Starwood on November 24, 2008
Le Méridien Dona Filipa & San Lorenzo Golf Course will be leaving the Starwood system on November 24, 2008. Reservations for dates on or after November 24, 2008, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual.

A Category 5 property.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hhilton Gold
Originally Posted by sc flier
Le Méridien Dona Filipa & San Lorenzo Golf Course will be leaving the Starwood system on November 24, 2008. Reservations for dates on or after November 24, 2008, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual.

A Category 5 property.
Will not be missed by me. I stayed there a few months ago and have to say it is a bit of a dump. Rooms in desperate need of updating and the whole hotel just has a dated feel of English seaside hotel from the 1950s.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hhilton Gold
Originally Posted by nycflyerrr
My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton Pinecliffs a year and a half ago for 3 nights. I would consider this hotel to be below average for a luxury collection hotel, we were there in August which I imagine is a very busy month so service wasn't that great and the room was worn however we had a junior suite which was comfortable. The hotel is situated on a cliff and access to the beach is via an elevator or rather long walk. Overall we had a very nice time however a room refurbishment is needed. I would use points again however wouldn't pay to stay here. Very kid friendly and tons of families there.

Not in the Algarve, however I would highly recommend the CONVENTO DO ESPINHEIRO HERITAGE HOTEL & SPA. We spent 3 nights at the hotel and it was amazing, rather hot in August however the hotel was almost empty (and I mean empty). We really had the place to ourselves. Our room was in the original convent section where they have restored the old chapel for weddings. The pool is very relaxing and they have spa services available, service/food in the restaurant was very good. Evora is an extremely interesting historical town and you get a good local feel of Portugal vs. an abundance of tourists in the Algarve similar to the south of Spain.

We also stayed at the Sheraton in Lisbon on this trip and the Convento was head and shoulders above the other properties. I believe they were all the same redemption amount.
Agree that Sheraton Pinecliffs is not up to 5-star standard. We stayed in a duplex suite and it was very old and in need of modernisation. The grounds are nice however, there is a great selection of (very expensive) restaurants, good selection of pools and a nice beach. My main problem though is that throughout summer the hotel is overrun by British families with small children.

CONVENTO DO ESPINHEIRO HERITAGE HOTEL & SPA is a beautiful hotel although not quite on the Algarve but rather about two hours drive inland. Very nice rooms (we stayed in the modern wing which was great), nice outdoor and indoor pool and a very good restaurant that does modern Portugese fine dining. Evora itself is interesting for a day or two.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sc flier

A Category 5 property.
What will be the name of this hotel after it leaves Starwood?
Old Mar 13, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Westin Campo Real

Has anyone been recently to the Westin Campo Real, will be there for Holiday in May. Any tip for surrounding areas would be great. Main interests are culinary, sightseeing, and golf of course

nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.