Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
PLATINUM BENEFITS (CORRECT AS OF OCT 3, 2015)

• Complimentary buffet breakfast in Prompt (4th Floor 6:30am-10:30am).
  • Complimentary selected drinks and food throughout the day according to opening hours at PSI & Podium (4th Floor 5:30pm-8pm) (max 2 persons). The menu will be provided in the bar.
  • Complimentary shoes shining services (2 pairs) or pressing for suit (2 pieces).
  • 30% discount enjoyment in our restaurants.
  • 50% discount on overnight parking.
  • 20% discount Business Service & Facilities.

SHUTTLE BUS SCHEDULE
Hotel - Hong Kong MTR Station (PICKUP @ BASEMENT L2, DROPOFF @ GROUND FLOOR
0700 - 0730
0800 - 0830
0900 - 0930
1100 - 1130
1200 - 1230
1300 - 1330
1400 - 1430
1500 - 1530
1600 - 1630
1700 - 1730
1800 - 1830
1900 - 1930
2100 - 2130
2200 - 2230
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2008, 9:12 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Mr Black
Front desk tell me that manager isn't available on the weekend, but I can get a feedback card (which they will probably throw in the bin after I check out judging by my experience so far). I have a very early red-eye checkout on Monday so won't be able to catch any 9-5 managers.

Phone +852-2317-3300 is regrettably only in Cantonese.
Regrettable that you can't get it sorted out before you leave, but your stay should still be reported to the corporate office when you get back home. If that happens to be in the U. S. or Canada, you can reach Hotel Customer Service at 800-328-6242 or send them an email from anywhere in the world at [email protected].

Best regards,

William
Old Jul 18, 2008, 9:58 pm

Programs: QF WP, SPG Plat again and non elite member of many
Very good Plat treatment here

Hi,

I've been reading some of the recent postings and problems with interest, as I've had two recent stays at the Cyberport (late May and late June).

Firstly, they continue to treat plats very well. On my first stay I was upgraded to one of the Deluxe Oceanview rooms with a welcome gift consisting of a half bottle of wine, fruit, sweets etc. Fantastic bathroom amenities including Hermes soap. Other plat amenities as mentioned with the restaurant discounts, etc were also provided and used. Second stay was upgraded, but to a corner oceanview room only. Fruit platter only. No more Hermes soap, unfortunately and no bath.

I agree wireless charges are a problem, but it is hit and miss with good value around the world. Only some Starwoods offer free wireless, and it does appear to be a platinum amenity that could be more consistently offered.

The service side of this hotel was generally good, but may be less consistent for certain things. For example, I asked if I could borrow a HK adapter to use my laptop, but this was not understood. They did understand request for amenities including a shaving kit etc.

I didn't try room service here, opting for the restaurants. Both were fine, but only worth it if you used the 50% discount. The other platinum amenity, i.e. the selection of free drinks in the lounges were also quite good.

Location suited me as I was here to chill out between long flights, and the great views of the ocean were just what I needed. The shuttle service was regular enough for my needs, and as I was taking the train to and from the airport, it was actually more cost effective to take the shuttle if you were travelling fairly light.

TravelTil
Old Jul 18, 2008, 10:13 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, TG ROP Gold, BD DC Blue+, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TravelTil
For example, I asked if I could borrow a HK adapter to use my laptop, but this was not understood.
I got lucky with that one. I was given a travel adaptor when I asked, within minutes after check-in.

They did understand request for amenities including a shaving kit etc.
Isn't it strange that you are to call them everytime you'd like some mouth wash ?

They placed this near the basin.

And for an SPG nobody in a standard room, this is all you get in the bathroom:

There's someone's hair in the slot with the Q-tips...
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:00 pm

Talking Great Hotel to Explore Hong Kong with Family

So I just returned from a 6 night (Christmas) stay at the Le Meridien Cyberport in Hong Kong with my wife and 2 children (3 and 4). This being our first trip to Hong Kong, we were a bit skeptical after reading some of the reviews and almost stayed at the W. The cash and points was a bit too tempting and we tried our luck here instead.

Check-in
Upon check-in, I was informed I was upgraded. Not the suite I have gotten used to at most properties as a Platinum, but ocean view on a high floor. Looking at the map of the rooms, it seems slightly larger than most others. We hadn't requested a roll away (not good thinking) as I was really hoping for that upgrade. They brought one up to the room within 10 minutes and didn't charge for it during the stay! ^

Platinum Benefits
As a platinum, breakfast for 2 was comped at the buffet restaurant (Prompt) and additional buffets were 50% off. Service there was fantastic and the wide variety of food was excellent. The staff went out of their way every morning with any special requests we had for our kids. Drinks at the bar were free (although as some mentioned, it is a limited list with only 50 or 60 choices!!!!!! -- I'm not too picky and was able to easily get confused with all the selections on the free list). Dinner and lunch were also 50% off at a couple spots in the hotel, but we never took advantage of that as we were typically out exploring.

Transportation
We arrived late the first night and opted for a cab from the Hong Kong Airport Express Station at IFC. This cost about 65 HKD. The hotel provides a bus service to/from the same spot but has a limited schedule. The hotel is right next to a bus station (not noisy...don't worry). This was actually very convenient as there were plenty of bus options to get to Stanley, Aberdeen, Central, Admiralty, etc and the fares were cheap (about 6 HKD per adult and 3 HKD per child). The bus ride to Stanley is certainly an experience (more below).

Cyberport is on the Northwest side of Hong Kong island and is a new development on the waterfront. There is a mall across from the hotel but there is almost nothing in it yet...just a couple restaurants and a toy store. Lots of upscale high residences in the area. What made it nice for the kids was the quiet and peacefulness of the area. There is a great park on the waterfront about 2 minutes walk from the hotel. The kids loved running here and watching all of the boats in the water. There is also a grocery store about 1 minute from the hotel.

We took the kids to Ocean Park (an established amusement park near Aberdeen) and got to see the giant pandas there! We also were able to ride the cable cars which take you up a mountain/hill out towards the ocean (great views). We spent a day shopping in Stanley. The bus ride there is hair raising, especially on the top deck of a double decker bus. Narrow rodes, cliffs, and oncoming traffic around corners! We also took the kids to Disneyland which is close to the airport. It is about 1 hour total travel time from the hotel. We went on Christmas day and while everyone there seemed to think it was packed, it didn't seem too busy in comparison to an average day at Disney World. While small, the park was still a blast for the kids.

Parting Thoughts
I'd highly recommend this property if you are vacationing in Hong Kong for more than a couple days and want to explore and get some peace/quiet. If you are visiting Hong Kong with kids, you won't want to stay elsewhere!

Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Le Meridien Cyberport and HKG

I have stayed at the LM Cyberport once, during one of the public holidays in October. It was an enjoyable stay and had the same amenities offered as the previous few posts as Plats. My room was upgraded to a Deluxe Ocean-View, had the Hermes soap, and a small bottle of wine, which I took to the restaurant for lunch the next afternoon. Drinks at the bar were also appreciated, together with the free internet access there.

The property is surrounded by one of the most luxurious residential property in HKG, the Bellair Residences, so, there are quite a number of expats living in that area. The small mall located in the Cyberport complex is pretty much adequate with a supermarket (ParkNShop), cineplex, and some restaurants.

Overall, it's an excellent Starwood hotel in HKG.
Old May 18, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Red_13

Platinum Benefits
As a platinum, breakfast for 2 was comped at the buffet restaurant (Prompt) and additional buffets were 50% off. ........

Transportation
.......The hotel provides a bus service to/from the same spot but has a limited schedule. .......
Thanks for the detailed report.
I had dim-sum in the Chinese restaurant here during my last visit to HK. I did not stay at this hotel that time, but was impressed by its location (to chill out after a long trip elsewhere in SE Asia) and style. After reading so many positive reports, I am tempted to book here on my upcoming trip to HK.

Can you comment further on the hotel bus service to/from AEX station at IFC, how frequent does it run or is it by advance booking?

Do you recall the public bus # that goes to anywhere near the MTR station?

Re: breakfast comp for plats - is it still the practice today? Due to so many changes in Plat bennies recently, thought I'd check.

Thanks.

Last edited by allset2travel; May 18, 2009 at 1:56 pm Reason: add question
Old May 18, 2009, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Hotel shuttle bus runs once an hour, IIRC. It's not free though.

Public bus/light bus - M49, 69X. Can't remember which was which. Public bus takes way longer, of course.

As for the Plat bennies, your best bet is to contact the hotel for the latest policies.
Old May 18, 2009, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Hotel shuttle bus runs once an hour, IIRC. It's not free though.

Public bus/light bus - M49, 69X. Can't remember which was which. Public bus takes way longer, of course.

As for the Plat bennies, your best bet is to contact the hotel for the latest policies.
Shuttle bus is HK$29 per journey.

Public bus M49 is now re-number as 30X. Detail of this route is as the following link
http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/routes/rou...pe=D&company=7
Public bus 73 will take you to Ocean Park, Deep Water Bay, Repulse Bay and Stanly.

Green Mini Bus 69X will take you to Causeway Bay where you can do lots of shopping.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
will be in hong kong later this month for about a week....we will be staying at the conrad for the first 5 days....on the 6th day we are going to macau for a day....we come back to hong kong in the evening on the 7th day in order to catch our early morning flight the next day....i was thinking of staying at the le méridien for one night on our way back from macau as we only need the room to get some sleep....its by far the cheapest spg property available....would this place be convenient in terms of getting to the airport early in the morning????
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:57 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by saad
will be in hong kong later this month for about a week....we will be staying at the conrad for the first 5 days....on the 6th day we are going to macau for a day....we come back to hong kong in the evening on the 7th day in order to catch our early morning flight the next day....i was thinking of staying at the le méridien for one night on our way back from macau as we only need the room to get some sleep....its by far the cheapest spg property available....would this place be convenient in terms of getting to the airport early in the morning????
10-15 minute (cheap) cab ride to the Airport Express HK Island station from the Meridien. You can check in (for most carriers, including CX) over there and then take the train to airport which gets you there in about 24 minutes IIRC.

Cab from hotel to airport can take an hour easily.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AJLondon
10-15 minute (cheap) cab ride to the Airport Express HK Island station from the Meridien. You can check in (for most carriers, including CX) over there and then take the train to airport which gets you there in about 24 minutes IIRC.

Cab from hotel to airport can take an hour easily.
thanks for your reply....i've decided to shift to the w instead....
Old May 8, 2010, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
A Fantastic Hotel That Treats Plats Well!

I wanted to let everyone know that this is simply an amazing hotel that really knows how to treat platinum guests. On the advice of baglady, I decided to give this hotel a try.

I booked a non-smoking Smart Room at the LM Cyberport and when I checked in, they informed me that I had been upgraded to a Deluxe Ocean view, but they were unable to honor my non-smoking preference. I explained to them that this was unacceptable and I will require a non-smoking room as I had booked. The front desk clerk made a phone call and within 30 seconds, the duty manager emerged from a back office to apologize for the error and delay. Within one minute, the duty manager informs me that they have a non-smoking one-bedroom suite overlooking the South China Sea for me. I asked the manager “why didn’t you just book me into the suite to start with?” and he told me that do not upgrade to suites, only deluxe rooms.

The corner one-bedroom suite is very spacious with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the South China Sea. There were two bathrooms, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The bathroom in the bedroom had floor to ceiling “naughty” glass, but you could close the automatic shades if you wanted to shower in privacy. The built in closets offered lots of storage space and the safe was large enough to hold two notebook computers, two Bose headsets and two DSLR cameras ^.

As a platinum guest, we were invited to the bar on the 4th level for complimentary drinks until midnight. They have a limited selection of complimentary beverages to choose from (wine, beer, liquor). Platinum guests also receive complimentary a buffet breakfast for two in the restaurant and 50% off additional guests. You also receive 50% off overnight parking and any services charged such as dinner.

Aside from the minor inconvenience, I LOVED this property and can’t wait until I return. I was a little worried that this location would be slightly out of the way and inconvenient to get to. I was wrong. A taxi from Hong Kong or Central was approximately HK$60 (about $7 USD) and took no more than about 10-15 minutes.

Suite Entrance

Living Room

Living Room Sofa

Very Comfy Bed

Guest Bathroom off Living Room

Master Bathroom in Bedroom

Platinum Welcome Treat

Platinum Welcome Treat

Platinum Welcome Treat

Last edited by jrzyshawn; May 8, 2010 at 7:41 am
Old May 8, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
I am cheap. I took the bus which is located "inside" the ground floor of Le Meridien's building to Central District. It costs $4.50 HKD ($0.60 USD). There is also a Supermarket inside this bus terminal where I picked up bottled water before I head out to city center.
Old May 8, 2010, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrzyshawn
I wanted to let everyone know that this is simply an amazing hotel that really knows how to treat platinum guests.
that looks like the same exact suite i got....

never had to ask for it....the agent who checked me in simply informed me that i had been upgraded to a suite....
Old May 9, 2010, 1:55 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by saad
that looks like the same exact suite i got....

never had to ask for it....the agent who checked me in simply informed me that i had been upgraded to a suite....
lucky you... like most posters I got the Deluxe Ocean view room. Is it even right that they very rarely upgrade to a suite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.