Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
PLATINUM BENEFITS (CORRECT AS OF OCT 3, 2015)

• Complimentary buffet breakfast in Prompt (4th Floor 6:30am-10:30am).
  • Complimentary selected drinks and food throughout the day according to opening hours at PSI & Podium (4th Floor 5:30pm-8pm) (max 2 persons). The menu will be provided in the bar.
  • Complimentary shoes shining services (2 pairs) or pressing for suit (2 pieces).
  • 30% discount enjoyment in our restaurants.
  • 50% discount on overnight parking.
  • 20% discount Business Service & Facilities.

SHUTTLE BUS SCHEDULE
Hotel - Hong Kong MTR Station (PICKUP @ BASEMENT L2, DROPOFF @ GROUND FLOOR
0700 - 0730
0800 - 0830
0900 - 0930
1100 - 1130
1200 - 1230
1300 - 1330
1400 - 1430
1500 - 1530
1600 - 1630
1700 - 1730
1800 - 1830
1900 - 1930
2100 - 2130
2200 - 2230
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Microwave
Even for 320k HHonors vs 20,000 SPG + US$300?
As others have said, the problem with this hotel is the location. If you travel during rush hour to/from Central, it can take 45 minutes. So let's say you did some sightseeing in the afternoon and wanted to freshen up at the hotel before heading to town for dinner, that could take almost 90 minutes round-trip. If you had to stay at Starwood, go with the Sheraton or W.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Would anyone with experience care to opine on the suitability of this hotel as a base for a one-week vacation with a toddler? I would be staying in one of the base rooms, although they appear to be spacious by HK standards (around 350 ft2).

I get that the location is not 100% ideal, but we won't be in a huge rush, and I've never explored the southern parts of HK Island so that will appeal to me too (might even do a beach day).
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by heraclitus
Would anyone with experience care to opine on the suitability of this hotel as a base for a one-week vacation with a toddler? I would be staying in one of the base rooms, although they appear to be spacious by HK standards (around 350 ft2).

I get that the location is not 100% ideal, but we won't be in a huge rush, and I've never explored the southern parts of HK Island so that will appeal to me too (might even do a beach day).
W is attached to elements mall and on a busy road
Sheraton is on nathan road which is a very busy road with lots of traffic
Le meridien is on a somewhat residential and quiet neighborhood with a small park right beside it. Especially on the weekends, i see people having picnics and mini family events.

So of the 3, id go with meridien as being the most toddler friendly
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:21 am

I was surprised how kid friendlt the hotel was. I stayed one night with my 3 kids; 5 yr, 3 yr and 1 yr old. They all received kid goodie bags (maybe b/c I was PLT) when I checked in and the breakfeast buffet provide them with nice kids plates and cups.

Park was great to for them to run around and burn some energy.

Nice and quite area.

Problem is trying to see the rest of HK. You will need to take hotel shuttle to tram station or take a taxi.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
You can also take the Small Bus Nr. 10 which takes you to Central or Admiralty. It stops in front of the Shopping center, which is conntected to the hotel and runs around every 10min.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:57 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. Hotel sounds great for families... so good that we'll put up with the slight hassle in taking the bus to get to Central.

Sheraton sounds good too, but 70K for 5 nights vs. 8 at Meridien basically makes the decision for us
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Why don't you split your stay up? 8 nts here sounds a bit too long as there's not a lot to do at walking distance. The shuttle can feel a bit boring after a few runs during congested traffic hours.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
Why don't you split your stay up? 8 nts here sounds a bit too long as there's not a lot to do at walking distance. The shuttle can feel a bit boring after a few runs during congested traffic hours.
I need the extra time... I travel with a baby so I move pretty slowly

Speaking of baby, when I try to book a room on spg.com, if I search for 2 adults, 1 child (a 2-year-old), the Meridien does not come up. If I search just for 2 adults, it does.

The reality is we bring our own little portable sleeper (a Kidco Peapod), and half the time the kidlet ends up sleeping in our bed. The rooms are generously sized (listed at 350-450 sf), so space shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I know in North America nobody cares if you have a baby that isn't accounted for in the booking, but in Europe I know they do get pretty anal about making sure the reservation is 100% precise... I'm not sure where HK lies on this continuum.

Does anyone foresee any problems if I book for just 2 adults and bring jr. along with us?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:14 pm

contact the hotel and just tell them you will need a crib, there will not be a any issues. I had three kids in 1 room and the adults in another room.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Currently here and saw a note on the desk, it seems hotel is doing maintenance on a number of floors.

Maintenance work on hotel facilities from February 2-28 2015.

7th, 8th, 10th, 12th Floor.

No suite upgrade available as both Suites are undergoing renovations.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The rooms here are not necessarily large if that is your ask, the deluxe oceanfront rooms can be quite small.

This property makes a reasonably relaxing base to hang out by the pool but it is a bit off the beaten track so you will spend time in taxis to and from the more mainstream locations.

Just noted the date of the original question, so this may now be irrelevant..
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Pool is closed for most or all of Feb. They do have a free shuttle to IFC which runs (mostly) hourly and is very convenient for Hong Kong Station.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by uanj
Pool is closed for most or all of Feb. They do have a free shuttle to IFC which runs (mostly) hourly and is very convenient for Hong Kong Station.
True, will scan and post the shuttle schedule on the wiki.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Great news for plats...the compli food at psi is now all served at once..not like before where you have to order them one by one
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
Originally Posted by supatight80
Great news for plats...the compli food at psi is now all served at once..not like before where you have to order them one by one
Thanks for the info. That's an improvement

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.