Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
PLATINUM BENEFITS (CORRECT AS OF OCT 3, 2015)

• Complimentary buffet breakfast in Prompt (4th Floor 6:30am-10:30am).
  • Complimentary selected drinks and food throughout the day according to opening hours at PSI & Podium (4th Floor 5:30pm-8pm) (max 2 persons). The menu will be provided in the bar.
  • Complimentary shoes shining services (2 pairs) or pressing for suit (2 pieces).
  • 30% discount enjoyment in our restaurants.
  • 50% discount on overnight parking.
  • 20% discount Business Service & Facilities.

SHUTTLE BUS SCHEDULE
Hotel - Hong Kong MTR Station (PICKUP @ BASEMENT L2, DROPOFF @ GROUND FLOOR
0700 - 0730
0800 - 0830
0900 - 0930
1100 - 1130
1200 - 1230
1300 - 1330
1400 - 1430
1500 - 1530
1600 - 1630
1700 - 1730
1800 - 1830
1900 - 1930
2100 - 2130
2200 - 2230
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:31 am
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by noservice2001
can anyone confirm that in 2012 they still have Hermes stuff?
My memory may be failing me, but in Nov11, I think it was Cinq Mondes, at least in the suites.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
+1. No Hermes in LM Cyberport suites on my couple of stays in the last 2 years.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Speedtest. Slow compared to Hyatt Regency Sha Tin which was running at 20Mpbs.

Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
+1. No Hermes in LM Cyberport suites on my couple of stays in the last 2 years.
LM ditched Hermes globally several years ago didn't they and moved over to Cinq Mondes?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by seawolf
Upload faster than download? Well that's strange.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by gojko88
Upload faster than download? Well that's strange.
Many properties have symmetric pipes but shape downloads and not uploads so you get this phenomenon where your downstream is 2Mbit no matter what but your upstream can be 10-20x more.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Makes perfect sense, although I would've expected some sort of load balancing rather than strict shaping. Thanks for the clarification!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:25 pm
azj

I've booked 2 nights at this property (first night in HK will be at the Sheraton) and did so because I want to explore the often overlooked Repulse Bay/Stanley side of the island. Looks like access for that is good... any comments? I'm also SPG Gold... any Gold experiences at the LM?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I'd say you can explore Stanley/Repulse Bay quite easily by hopping on a bus or taxi from Central. What the LM is great for is "relaxed" surroundings because it's a bit removed. There is a large bus terminal right beside the hotel so it's quite convenient but plan for a 15-20 (min) bus ride to Central or Causeway Bay if you're going that way. <10 min for a $10 USD ride by taxi.

No experience with SPG Gold, though.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I'm staying there right now. As the previous posted mentioned, the location really isn't that great and Stanley is better connected from Central than Cyberport. The only reason I picked this hotel is because the Sheraton is not participating in the Better by the Night promotion and the W is above my budget. None of the Starwood hotels are convenient to my company's office in Quarry Bay, so for me the distance (not connectivity) is no worse than from the Sheraton.

As a side, the food at this hotel is pretty good and the room/furnishings are leagues better than the Sheraton.

No experience as gold since I am Platinum.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Location is really not that great if you need to get to Central and points north. That access road is one lane and during rush hour, we're looking at 45 minutes to get to Admiralty.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
I am currently here in one of the corner sea view rooms. Since I arrived here after dark, there's not much to see aside from the mall across the street with the neon on the roof.

This is possibly the only part of Hong Kong that doesn't have a McDonald's, a Pacific Coffee or even a Starbucks. The mall is pretty dead; there's a lot of furniture shops, a wedding and a slimming parlor and what seems to be the outlet shop for G.O.D. (local HK design goods shop). It does have a Citibank and a HSBC cash point so that's a plus.

Next door to the hotel are a Park n' Shop and a laundry. It seems this laundry is charging hotel prices.

http://www.voguelaundry.com/PL_Laundry.aspx

May have to schlep my laundry elsewhere.

The only reasonable way to get here is to take the Airport Express to Hong Kong Station and grab the shuttle bus that leaves every half hour to the hotel which takes 20 minutes or so in either direction. Coming from HKG is either this option or taking a expensive taxi ride (HK$350+).

The staff makes up for the isolated location. They were welcoming and fluent in English (which makes things easier). The driver of the minibus seemed like he was qualifying for the Macao Grand Prix (that's a GOOD thing) and the porters were on top of everything.

Last edited by abraxis; Dec 5, 2012 at 7:46 am
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: DL DM. Marriott Plat. Hyatt DM.
Originally Posted by Braindrain
I'd say you can explore Stanley/Repulse Bay quite easily by hopping on a bus or taxi from Central. What the LM is great for is "relaxed" surroundings because it's a bit removed. There is a large bus terminal right beside the hotel so it's quite convenient but plan for a 15-20 (min) bus ride to Central or Causeway Bay if you're going that way. <10 min for a $10 USD ride by taxi.

No experience with SPG Gold, though.
+1

Le Meridien is the place to stay when you want to get away from it all. Plus the room rates, especially SPG 50, are very good, the staff are excellent and you get lots of perks as a Platinum-free drinks at night, free breakfast and internet and usually a nice room upgrade. If you have a busy work schedule this may not be the best place as you add an hour at least to your commute per day.
Views of the south china sea are impressive and the pool and exercise facilities are first rate!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by abraxis
Next door to the hotel are a Park n' Shop and a laundry. It seems this laundry is charging hotel prices.
Unfortunately, that laundry place also doesn't do same-day service. I had to take my laundry to Sunshine laundry. Tons of locations, cheap, and same-day service. I took mine to the 43rd shop - a short walk from where the minibus drops you off at Causeway Bay.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JPCAG
...the pool and exercise facilities are first rate!
Just to set expectations, the gym is really quite small although reasonably well equipped (the hotel really isn't that large however). I think the property sells access to the gym and pool to non-guests, certainly at weekends the pool area is rammed with familes and the pool itself is kid soup.

I like this property it is very different from elsewhere in Hong Kong albeit the locale is a little soulless. The Plat breakfast and bar facilities are excellent however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.