Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Jakarta, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Removing old information​​​
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Jakarta, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2009, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by NYCWahoo
Should I by pass SPG in Jakarta all together? Or, Le Meridien isn't so bad for a night?
It certainly isn't so bad that a night would be unbearable. There are lots of better non-spg hotels at a similar price though.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 2:23 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
If you set your expectations right, it is quite ok. Certainly an old property but as a Platinum, I do not know what a normal room looks like (have been upgraded every single stay with my most recent experience last week, in a Diplomatic Suite).

If money is no object (it is quite cheap by international standard), the Ritz Carlton is worth a visit.
LM Jakarta is 5* hotel, 30 years ago. I think this tells you what to expect from the wear and tear you can expect from the permanent fixtures.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
currently having a great stay at the le méridien....

checked in early in the afternoon....was greeted by the reservations manager....he took me through the check-in process & upgraded us to a diplomatic suite....

the suite is HUGE....definitely one of the biggest suites i have ever been upgraded to....large living room, seperate dining area, small kitchen, 2 bathrooms & a nice sized bedroom....great views of the city from both the bedroom & the living room....

its a shame we are only here for one night....
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:27 am
Suspended

Is it in the same block as the Executive Lounge, and with plenty of wood carvings ?

You forgot to mention theres also a study room before the actual bedroom ...

Last edited by mario33; Jun 16, 2010 at 10:34 am
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mario33
Is it in the same block as the Executive Lounge, and with plenty of wood carvings ?

You forgot to mention theres also a study room before the actual bedroom ...
no, the executive lounge is in the other building on the 20th floor....we were in the other building on the 12th floor....

you are right, forgot to mention the study room....
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by saad
currently having a great stay at the le méridien....

checked in early in the afternoon....was greeted by the reservations manager....he took me through the check-in process & upgraded us to a diplomatic suite....

the suite is HUGE....definitely one of the biggest suites i have ever been upgraded to....large living room, seperate dining area, small kitchen, 2 bathrooms & a nice sized bedroom....great views of the city from both the bedroom & the living room....

its a shame we are only here for one night....
yes, I've had this suite a few times - a great waste as I usually arrive
( alone) around 9:00 PM and check out around 8:00 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
yes, I've had this suite a few times - a great waste as I usually arrive
( alone) around 9:00 PM and check out around 8:00 AM.
i know what you mean....i checked in sometime in the afternoon & left at 5am the next morning....
Old Jun 28, 2010, 6:13 am

Great

yeah...I am staying at the LM in Jakarata right now.

The lounge actually is one of the better ones. They are open from 6-8pm for drinks. The service is excellent and food spread is actually pretty good with some Sushi from the Jap restaurant downstairs. Overall, its a very spacious and beautiful lounge. The CD can be changed more frequently! The view is actually pretty nice too.

The hotel is old, but so what its not bad. The suite I was upg to was pretty spacious. Its not the one on the shorter building. But honestly, when you are here for work, who cares.

I like the hotel. I hope my company continues to put us up here.

Cheers!
UALFLYER1
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by camsean
I agree service at the Sheraton Media can be patchy but they have always looked after me. In my last 4 stays I have been upgraded to a Towers suite 3 times and a Towers room once. Also the hotel itself is grander and more impressive than Le Meridian and the gym and pool are much nicer.

Because I am resident in Indonesia I also pay the local rate, which is 500,000rp including breakfast, or about US$55 so the upgrades are even more amazing.

Camsean, I've stayed at the Sheraton Media over 50 times, and not once was I upgraded to a tower suite. Only when I insisted did they finally upgraded me to a suite. Frankly, not worth the hassle. How did you get the upgrade to suite, all I got was tower room which is basically the same as regular room, same size only slightly better toiletries. Only good for a mattress run.

LM has much better lounge, but rooms are really old and tired. In severe need of the total renovation. Lobby looks like a flash back to the eighties. Got upgraded quite often though.

A lot of better hotels in Jakarta, but not *wood props. St. Regis will be built a couple years from now.

Last edited by SC Alum; Jul 8, 2010 at 10:05 am
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SC Alum
LM has much better lounge, but rooms are really old and tired. In severe need of the total renovation.
Try the tower wing where the lounge is located, its quite decent (or at least its good enough for me).
Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
FYI.
I was told that if you book 'Superior' rooms, you would typically get upgraded to 'Superior' suites which are in the Old Tower.
If you book 'deluxe rooms', you would get the 'deluxe suites' in the New Tower (where the Club Lounge is). The deluxe rooms and suites have the newer renovated and updated furniture and decor.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 1:46 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
I've stayed in many SPG properties, including Cat 3, 5, 6 in London, Cairo, DC, HK, LA, Phuket, Beijing, Warsaw, Rio x2, Singapore etc. but I would rank the Meridien Jakarta higher than all of them for the things that I am interested in. If you are interested in the fluffiness of carpets or the type of decoration in the lobby then it's probably not the best but no other SPG I have stayed in has all of the following:

- Free evening meal (with Sushi and wine/beer) in a big lounge with excellent view
- Very good expat bands - live music every night (except Sun and Ramadan) till 2am in the bar
- Very close to offices I need to go to (ie <10mins taxi)
- Extremely friendly staff who remember your name for months
- Frequent and fast lifts
- Plat upgrades to huge suites
- High quality Illy coffee
- staff not begging for tips

I am just grateful for all the chances I get to stay at this hotel. I don't have status elsewhere so it would be pointless to stay at comparable 5* properties in the area and not get any benefits. In other cities I have paid 3x what I pay here and get hardly any of the above list (ie no bar or live music, upgrades not to suites, unfriendly staff, bad location, bad coffee, pressure for tips etc).

If any of the Meridien staff read this I would like to say your efforts are appreciated and the hotel is wonderful.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I changed from the Sheraton Bandara and stayed here, which required me taking a later flight but it was worth it after the praise this property has received.

Good experience for $120 a.i.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:09 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by schley
I changed from the Sheraton Bandara and stayed here, which required me taking a later flight but it was worth it after the praise this property has received.

Good experience for $120 a.i.
Good choice, the Sheraton Bandara is abysmal, hard to believe the 2 hotels are in the same group and price range.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by john11111111111
Good choice, the Sheraton Bandara is abysmal, hard to believe the 2 hotels are in the same group and price range.
there are not in the same price range....the sheraton is usually half the price of the le méridien....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.