Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Jakarta, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Removing old information​​​
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Jakarta, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:45 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by camsean
Because I am resident in Indonesia I also pay the local rate, which is 500,000rp including breakfast, or about US$55 so the upgrades are even more amazing.
At that rate the Sheraton Media is decent value (as opposed to the rates normally available through the Starwood website). I'll have to pursue local rates in future then (not too difficult to find a local to assist with that either I'm sure).
Old Aug 17, 2007, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
At that rate the Sheraton Media is decent value (as opposed to the rates normally available through the Starwood website). I'll have to pursue local rates in future then (not too difficult to find a local to assist with that either I'm sure).
I totally agree. If I was paying almost US$100 I'm sure I'd feel less kindly disposed towards the hotel.

Yeah the local rate is cool. Much cheaper but always includes breakfast tax and service and is still an eligible stay and accrues points.

Yeah I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a local to lend you a hand
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:44 pm

I have two questions about the hotel:

How far is the hotel from the airport? How much does a cab ride from the airport to the hotel approximately cost?
Old Nov 21, 2007, 5:08 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
I have two questions about the hotel:

How far is the hotel from the airport? How much does a cab ride from the airport to the hotel approximately cost?
The Le Meridien is about 45 minutes to an hour from the airport in average traffic (being Jakarta, if you travel in the middle of rush hour or if it's raining then expect longer - if you travel in the middle of the night then 30 minutes ).

To take a regular taxi from the airport will be about Rp100,000 on the meter, plus tolls for the tollway and airport surcharge - about Rp120,000 all up. Better option is to take a Silver Bird taxi, that'll be about Rp30,000 more, but they have much better taxis (and progressively upgrading them all to new Mercedes). They have a separate stand at the airport - pretty easy to spot.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:04 am

There are 2 towers at the Le Meridien Jakarta. If possible, do not stay at the main tower, the rooms and suites are very old, and not as nice as the other tower.

As a SPG Plat, I had been upgraded 100% of the times in my 10 stays since October 07 to a suite.

You will get access to the lounge on the 20th floor, but no free internet access whether in your room or lounge (unless you pay for it).

During lounge hour, almost everytime they have sushi and sashimi as the only food, besides some bread and cheese. Not really enough for dinner.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:56 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Originally Posted by Aircoco
During lounge hour, almost everytime they have sushi and sashimi as the only food, besides some bread and cheese. Not really enough for dinner.
They offer decent platters of food, 4 different types IIRC, but the menu is conveniently hidden behind the ice bucket so they don't have to offer it to people who don't know...

The champagne seems gone for good.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:34 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG LTP, DL Diamond, CI Paragon
Best Available Room question at Le Meridien Jakarta

I have stayed in the Le Meridien Jakarta 5 or 6 times since last June due to my work require me travel to Jakarta.

I have always booked the cheapest room which is their SUPERIOR ROOM in the older tower.

They have always upgraded me to the Junior suite in that old tower.

When I asked them to upgrade me to the DELUXE ROOM in the newer tower, they have always told me that it's full even if I can still find availability except for my last stay there.

The front desk was telling me that I should book deluxe room if I want to stay in the newer tower.

My question is shouldn't I get the best available room doesn't matter which room I book?

Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:58 am

I guess if they are putting you in a junior suite they are putting you in the best available room as they see it. Junior suite tops deluxe, right?

However, I agree the new tower is nicer and I have been upgraded from a superior room to a deluxe room and I'm gold not plat.

Did you escalate the situation, or just accept what they told you?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG LTP, DL Diamond, CI Paragon
The last time I stayed there I kind of argued with the front desk and they finally changed my junior suite in the old tower to the deluxe room in the new tower.. with hesitation I might add...

I am not sure what I should tell the front desk the next time I go so it won't become an argument
Old Mar 12, 2009, 8:07 am

That was my experience as well really. I guess if you need to be a little tough sometimes to get what you want, it's worth it.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 7:12 pm

I wasn't even upgraded the last stay, and the superior room in the old tower was really bad. Too bad the other SPG property is even more undesireable.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
how far is this property away from Gambir train station? ON a Wednesday morning, what is the best way to get to the train station from this hotel?

Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NYC MTA Gold, AA EXP
Should I by pass SPG in Jakarta all together? Or, Le Meridien isn't so bad for a night?
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by NYCWahoo
Should I by pass SPG in Jakarta all together? Or, Le Meridien isn't so bad for a night?
If you set your expectations right, it is quite ok. Certainly an old property but as a Platinum, I do not know what a normal room looks like (have been upgraded every single stay with my most recent experience last week, in a Diplomatic Suite).

If money is no object (it is quite cheap by international standard), the Ritz Carlton is worth a visit.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 3:33 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, HH Blue, SPG PLatinum
Smile Le Meridien Jakarta

I checked into the Le meridien jakarta last night booked a dexluxe room (not the cheaper superior) was UG to junior suite in tower side, beautiful room, nice fruit and cholocate amenity, free internet in room gave me a card that said "upgraded", royal club access, all in all excellent value, very impressed. A previou stay, booked a superior room and only after haggling was I ug to royal club side of hotel. Nicely renovated room, sep shower and bath, turn down service the works. Even free plunger coffee in room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.