Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2007, 7:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

Welcome to FlyerTalk, Forstbetrieb.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Parking under the trees costs 20 Euro and in the garage 40 Euro per night.
Never park in the hotel garage in Milano. There are many public garages that are half the price. A block or so behind the Westin is where I found a decent garage to park for around €20. I definitely prefer the Westin location. You can even walk from there to the shopping. Of course you would want to taxi back since you will be loaded down with shopping bags.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 2:51 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Forstbetrieb.
Thank you!

Parking in Milan: http://milano.parcheggi.it/

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Jun 7, 2007 at 6:12 am
Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just a note to say I recently stayed in the Steam Room Jr. Suite (520) and it was amazing. The steam room had a view of Il Duomo and it was sooooo nice. One of the best Jr. suites I have ever stayed in.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:18 pm

Programs: aaexp/4mm and change, starwood platinum
i have stayed at the westin palace off and on for years. although not pretty from the outside it is beautiful inside. i stayed in january at the meridian and was treated very well with an upgrade and a bottle of wine. property was empty and it is way too close to the train station and all of the problems that go with it. noisy, dangerous and just not pleasant. if those are your choices stay at the palace. you really should look at the sheraton diana majestic. it is small, well run and also one of the original ciga properties. was supposedly considered for a conversion to a w but is to well know by it's name. i flew on aa in first today and it was actually pictured in american way or celebrated living ( can't remember which).
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
We'll be staying at the Westin Palace Milan for one night later this month on cash + points. We'll be coming in from Florence by train and flying out the next day. Our train gets into Milan at noon and we are supposed to be at Zani Viaggi Agency, Foro Bonaparte 76 no later than 2. The concierge at the Westin (who has been extremely helpful, by the way), says that a taxi is the fastest route between the Westin and that travel agency, where we're meeting a walking tour. I've bothered him so much that I don't want to impose on him again, so instead I'm imposing on you

What is the best route between the train station (Centrale) and the Westin Palace? We will have wheeled bags.

Also, any thoughts on the best way to travel back to the hotel at the end of our tour (it ends at Piazza Centrale)? We will not be in a big rush at that point.

Finally, any idea (1) the best way to the airport from the Westin Palace? We're on a noon flight out of the country.

Thank you!!
Old Oct 12, 2007, 4:56 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by CheapSk8
What is the best route between the train station (Centrale) and the Westin Palace? We will have wheeled bags.Thank you!!
Out of the train station over the place and follow the biggest street you can see ahead for about 500 - 600 m ( ==> piazza della republicca ). On the right you can see the hotel " Principe di savoia " and on the left there is the " WESTIN "

Also, any thoughts on the best way to travel back to the hotel at the end of our tour (it ends at Piazza Centrale)? We will not be in a big rush at that point.

If the piazza centrale is the piazza in front of the statione centrale, it will be the same way...

Finally, any idea (1) the best way to the airport from the Westin Palace? We're on a noon flight out of the country.
Which airport?

If it is malpensa, there will be a bus shuttle ( malpensa express ) from a bus stop near statione centrale! Near hotel " Le Meridien Gallia ".

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Oct 12, 2007 at 5:13 am
Old Oct 12, 2007, 5:52 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Leave the train station from the main/front doors-- and as the above poster mentioned you'll see a very wide street in front of you. Walk on the left side of that street about 10 minutes to the Westin. Or you can take the MM3 Gialla/Yellow line subway one stop from Centrale FS to Repubblica where the Westin is. I would not take a taxi unless your bags were large and difficult to manage. The bus from the train station to the airport can take anywhere from 45min to an hour, so make sure you leave the hotel in time.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally, to get to Malpensa, I would take the train. Information here:
http://www.malpensaexpress.it/websit...home/index.php
If it is Linate, the cab should be about 13/15 EUR from Diana Majestic, and I would estimate 20 from Westin.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
We had a wonderful stay at the Westin Palace in Milan, and the directions everyone provided here were very helpful. We received an upgrade to a huge, beautiful room with a view of the Cathedral (and we were on the great cash and points rate). The metro made the hotel conveniently located. Perhaps more importantly, the staff was just wonderful and incredibly gracious and helpful both before and during our stay.
Old May 16, 2008, 10:13 am

I didn't have such good luck as everyone here had at the Westin Palace Milan, I didn't get upgraded to the Turkish bath, I was hoping they would upgrade me because my Fiancee was with me. I checked in early around 11 am the guy did not know what to do. He said "Sir check-in is at 2 pm and we do not have any rooms available, let me see what I could do." After a few clicks on the computer, he said they are going to upgrade me to a deluxe room. The room is separated from the bathroom and closet. I have to go back down to the lobby to ask for my 500 points because the guy was lost. They would not give me new shampoo, shower gel and body lotion when the bottle is half empty, I have to call house keeping. Overall the hotel service is not what I expected.
Old May 16, 2008, 1:02 pm
tyn

Originally Posted by drfired
I didn't have such good luck as everyone here had at the Westin Palace Milan, I didn't get upgraded to the Turkish bath.... I checked in early around 11 am the guy did not know what to do. He said "Sir check-in is at 2 pm
If I may suggest, based on 18 yrs working in the hotel business, next time choose beforehand what you really want to go for.

If you really need to be in the room about 3 hrs before checkin time, forget about the upgrade and take what they give you.
If you want to go for the upgrade, smile, tell them you don't mind at all storing your luggage and going for a stroll while they get a nice room ready for you. You are making their life easier this way and they'll have that in mind when finding a room for you.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:13 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
anyone stayed in Sheraton Diana Majestic recently? How about recent upgrade experiance with this hotel?

It seems like it is a better hotel to stay than westin if my wife wants to do some shopping
Old Jun 2, 2008, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the Four Points (which is not a seedy place) or the Westin, you can take the S 1 or S3 line (Passante Ferroviario) from the Repubblica station to Saronno, where you connect to the Malpensa express there. This is quite a bit faster than going all the way to Cadorna. It's also cheaper: if you're arriving from Malpensa your trip on the S-line from Saronno is free, and if you have a round-trip ticket then the S-line to Saronno is included as well (otherwise, since Malpensa Express tickets are not sold in the Repubblica station, you need to buy an urban ticket for the S-line to get to Saronno, where you will buy your Malpensa Express ticket).
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:51 pm

Programs: UAL 1K (1.6 Million Miles), Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Westin vs. Sheraton Diana Majestic -- recent stay

Stayed at both properties on cash and points in May 2008.

Westin Milan: upgraded to a suite with Steam Bath and view of the Duomo. Very ornate room, with silk brocade wallpaper, chandelier, and huge Plasma TV. Hotel seemed to be in the midst of business district, didn't have a chance to explore neighborhood.

Sheraton Diana Majestic: Checked in early (9:30am) and after a bit of searching received a room with a balcony looking over the main street. Room was old and in need of paint, nothing to write home about, and certainly a come down from the room at the Westin Milan the night before. The location seemed a bit better, very close to a subway stop and a few shops, cafes and a great gelato shop. Service at the hotel was very good, they got me a cab for Linate at a very early hour, and we're very helpful with directions.

Milan is wonderful......enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.