Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Closed Jan 2022] Sheraton Roma (Rome) , Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Closed Jan 2022] Sheraton Roma (Rome) , Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 7:46 am

I cant comment on Platinum benefits.

We stayed there for a week right after Thanksgiving on a premium award on the club level. The room was rather small for two people and rather dirty. Poor HVAC / water temp control and virtually nobody answered the phones. Poor housekeeping service.

The club had a very sparse selection of food / drink in the evening and was woefully understaffed at all times. The cashier consistently attempted to short change us when converting currency. It seemed that this hotel was primarily serving airline / tour groups.

The shuttle was both reliable and comfortable and deposits you midway between the Pantheon and the Roman Forum. Maybe a 15 minute walk from the Coliseum.

Upon our return the hotel was very responsive to our concerns.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by idainc
The cashier consistently attempted to short change us when converting currency.
Really? I have never heard of this at ANY SPG hotel in Italy- seems very strange- how did the manager respond?
Also, FYI, exchanging currency at hotels is usually a terrible value...
Old Jan 26, 2008, 2:23 pm

As a Plat stayed here at the end of June 2007, and didn't get a suite, just a normal executive style room. Did get access to the lounge, which was nice, but nothing to rave about compared to some other properties. Its a fine value hotel, but you sacrafice quality and location - overall I'd recommend the Westin or St. Regis, if you can afford it, its definitely worth it.
Old May 7, 2008, 11:24 am

I had a very good stay here in March. The lounge is just a basic lounge--the food did not blow me away, but the bus ran on schedule and the cash and points rate made it very affordable. If you are trying to do Rome on a budget you can do much much worse than this property.

One note, the elevators seemed to be having some issues going up from our floor to the lounge. Most of the time, we wound up hopping on the stairs and taking them up a flight.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 1:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'll be here for four days in two weeks. this review is not making me want to stay here. However I have little choice as my co-worker is picking the hotels and unless I can get him to change his mind in the next day or two it looks like I'm SOL

Let me ask this question... what would be the better choice and why (I'll need to convince him)? I'll worry about the cost later
Old Jun 8, 2008, 8:38 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
I stayed there last May for a week. There was nothing bad per se, just unremarkable.

On the plus side

Concierge check in
Loung open 18 hours
Free Internet for elite guests
I was given a suite
Hughe fruit basket as welcome amenity

On the minus side

Unremarkable staff
Poor restaurants
Old Jun 8, 2008, 12:46 pm

thanks Clark,

nice to know you rec'd a suite for a week stay
nice to know about the free internet access too

Originally Posted by clarkef
I stayed there last May for a week. There was nothing bad per se, just unremarkable.

On the plus side

Concierge check in
Loung open 18 hours
Free Internet for elite guests
I was given a suite
Hughe fruit basket as welcome amenity

On the minus side

Unremarkable staff
Poor restaurants
Old Feb 23, 2009, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Any recent experiences at this hotel? Also, does anyone know if the shuttles still run every 90 minutes to downtown Rome and to the airport? Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 3:00 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
...Also, does anyone know if the shuttles still run every 90 minutes to downtown Rome and to the airport? Thanks!
Looks like the schedules and conditions may have changed slightly since 2006.

Scheduled bus from the hotel to/from the city center via Petroselli 54 (Piazza Venezia) bus stops in the EUR district as well.

Dp hotel to city center: 8:00; 9:30; 11:00; 12:30; 14:00; 15:30; 17:00; 18:30; 20:00; 21:30; 23:00

Fee is 3 Euros per passenger.

Dp city center to hotel: 8:30; 10:00; 11:30; 13:00; 14:30; 16:00; 17:30; 19:00; 20:30; 22:00; 23:30

No charge for this leg.

Airport service - The hotel is not responsible for failure of runs or seat availability for runs made from the airport to the hotel. Reservations are required. Cost is 5 Euros per passenger.

To Fiumicino Airport from the hotel: 7:00; 8:30; 10:00; 13:30; 15:00; 16:30; 18:00

From Fiumicino Airport to the hotel: 7:45; 9:15; 10:45; 14:15; 15:45; 17:15; 18:45

Note: Times subject to change. Please check with the hotel directly for more information.
[email protected]

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 23, 2009, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Looks like the schedules and conditions may have changed slightly since 2006.
Wow - thanks for the prompt response! ^
Old May 11, 2009, 6:34 am

Programs: Onepass Elite Silver, Starwood Platinum
Pondering staying here in October...any recent reviews for a Gold member?(Lost my Plat this year )
Old Aug 8, 2009, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Can anyone provide a recent review? Lounge still unremarkable?

For tourism, would mid-May or early October be less crowed?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Will be here next week. Will post a photo review after the stay. i was here in May as well and found the club lounge to be quite good. No beer but all the Prossecco you'd want^
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:29 pm

I was there last month. An average hotel. Closer to the airport though.

Lounge was fine. Staff were nice. Some idiot pacing up and down talking on the phone in a really loud voice in the evening kind of ruined it for me. Breakfast was limited but ok.

Pool closed at like 6 pm, which was bizarre since it was hot and sunny until about 9 pm.

There was some kind of tour/convention staying there. Lots of noise, running in the halls. I had a nice suite but could hear all kinds of nattering in the room beside me and in the halls outside the door. Godawful music blaring from the pool bar too.

Complained at front desk around midnight and they immediately gave me another room in a more quiet part of the hotel. Didn't even have to move my stuff. Ended up with two rooms. Just went to the suite in the morning to shower and get packed up.

Not sure if I would return, except to save money and be closer to the airport.

Cheers,
Old Aug 14, 2009, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Can anyone provide a recent review? Lounge still unremarkable?

For tourism, would mid-May or early October be less crowed?
I'm not sure why people say the lounge is unremarkable, I kind of enjoyed it. I liked the outside patio, in general the food selection was fine, the drinks were fine.. never had an issue with the public computer use, if you are into soccer, there was plenty on the big screen.. the staff was fine.. I would say that was the biggest down fall for me personally was a staff that although not bad, was nothing to write home about either but the lounge was fine all in all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.